Interested in learning how to create RB3 customs for Xbox 360 – where to start?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    cleverest
    Participant

I’m, fully done with my track in Reaper, at least for the expert/pro drums I’m trying to do…haven’t done anything else besides temp match it and complete the notes…I’m pretty happy with it, just need to test out one small section that’s tricky when I actually play it…

Not sure what to do at this point…magma? I need to read up on next steps…

cleverest
      Participant

So I started up Magma (installed it) and it asked for Author ID which I’m using from my PROFILE page here on the site, and it’s telling me That’s not a Valid ID….I’m hitting a wall. Can anyone help? Thanks.

cleverest
        Participant

I found a post saying to send a msg to the admin to request a working ID. I have done so.

BornGamerRob
          Participant

I found a post saying to send a msg to the admin to request a working ID. I have done so.

You don’t need it. Just turn it off. You can use anything for an ID. Use your song name with some numbers. You’ll want to do that anyway while you’re compiling before you go final, final.

cleverest
            Participant

You don’t need it. Just turn it off. You can use anything for an ID. Use your song name with some numbers. You’ll want to do that anyway while you’re compiling before you go final, final.

Oh Okay, I thought it was a permanent thing for my account to upload stuff… I’ll do that for now, thanks.

BTW is CustomTools the same that as CAT? I need CAT to automate some stuff, now that my track is done (Expert+Pro-difficulty-wise) The link to it in the LIST OF ALL AUTHORING STUFF thread is down…

BornGamerRob
              Participant

No, not the same. It is indeed on GitHub.

https://github.com/abefacciazzi/CAT/releases/tag/v1.2.1-sillabub

Read the full thread in the authoring forum on how to install. You will need Python.

cleverest
                Participant

Okay still in the magma phase so I’ll be trying to figure out CAT after that…

TWO QUESTIONS for anyone if you can help please. I discovered the amazing SpleeterGUI, which allowed me to extract the drums and have the main audio track without drums and then the drum track by itself in Reaper, which is great for laying the notes/blobs down and verifying my work (which BTW was flawless as far as I can tell with it, lol). I play the song minus drums and the drum wav files together and it’s just like my single track was before (the main wav/non-drum track isn’t 100% perfectly devoid of drums, but they are super super faint).

1. Does this mean I can choose multi-track checkbox in the Magma Window since I’m doing a drum only song, or would I need ALL multi-tracks for that?

2. What do I do in Reaper to export the audio properly as a midi file for magma to work with (I think that’s the next step,but this is my first time doing this, maybe I’m wrong) I just want it so that when the drummer misses a beat it doesn’t play it in the game, it just plays the non-drum main wave, ya know, all pro-sounding Harmonix style. :-)

This is fun!

IDs should always be numerical, you cannot use “anything”. On xbox, using a non-numerical ID will cause scores to not save in your savegame and therefore go away once you mess with the cache, on PS3 these IDs will just not work properly, and I’m not sure what it does on Wii, but it’s also not good, just make numerical IDs to make the life of the users easier.

Another good point to make numerical IDs is that you need them to be able to play them online, for those who are playing online.

hardcoredrummer
                  Participant

IDs should always be numerical, you cannot use “anything”. On xbox, using a non-numerical ID will cause scores to not save in your savegame and therefore go away once you mess with the cache, on PS3 these IDs will just not work properly, and I’m not sure what it does on Wii, but it’s also not good, just make numerical IDs to make the life of the users easier.

Another good point to make numerical IDs is that you need them to be able to play them online, for those who are playing online.

this should be in the authoring documentation for best practices…that and naming the folder and files uniquely so that a song like always by bon jovi doesn’t get messed up with always by killswitch engage, saliva and first of october etc

BornGamerRob
                    Participant

IDs should always be numerical, you cannot use “anything”.

Okay, it’s not necessary to be rude to me. If you want to debate my point you don’t have to passive aggressively address me like that.

And actually, you can use non numerical values as I’ve stated. And you should when you are compiling to practice. Many people use non-numerical, so it’s not like I’m coming from nowhere.

ids.png

And to add, be careful with using just any numerical values as you could cause SERIOUS issues with having the same numerical id as someone else which would override their song or cause songs not to show. There are repercussions for not using numerical values; however, it’s not a can’t option, it’s technically possible.

BornGamerRob
                      Participant

Okay still in the magma phase so I’ll be trying to figure out CAT after that…

TWO QUESTIONS for anyone if you can help please. I discovered the amazing SpleeterGUI, which allowed me to extract the drums and have the main audio track without drums and then the drum track by itself in Reaper, which is great for laying the notes/blobs down and verifying my work (which BTW was flawless as far as I can tell with it, lol). I play the song minus drums and the drum wav files together and it’s just like my single track was before (the main wav/non-drum track isn’t 100% perfectly devoid of drums, but they are super super faint).

1. Does this mean I can choose multi-track checkbox in the Magma Window since I’m doing a drum only song, or would I need ALL multi-tracks for that?

2. What do I do in Reaper to export the audio properly as a midi file for magma to work with (I think that’s the next step,but this is my first time doing this, maybe I’m wrong) I just want it so that when the drummer misses a beat it doesn’t play it in the game, it just plays the non-drum main wave, ya know, all pro-sounding Harmonix style. :-)

This is fun!

Yes, you can have a single instrument multi-track custom.You would use your separate drum track and load it up in the KIT option in Magma. Then compile all the other instruments (MINUS the drums) and use that as the BACKING track. Then you’re good to go.

Glad you’re having fun. It is fun! =-)

cleverest
                        Participant

Awesome thanks for the info. Before I get to MAGMA I need to run CAT right so I can at least do drum animations? I have CAT set up in Reaper now, it opens…

Is there a video tutorial somewhere (I missed it if so) for using CAT for first-time users? I have major button-options here…so far I have two songs charted out fully, but I’m not sure what to do now. They only have Expert+Pro drum parts on them and only will for now (and perhaps totally by me, not sure about the rest, maybe vocals someday as I have a mic to play with, but no guitar controllers, so I’m not inspired enough to try those….

*So….I see create drum animations button in CAT, with the proper song open (drum midi track selected?) I should do that one right? Anything else?

BornGamerRob
                          Participant

Nope. No video. But read the user manual. https://docs.google.com/document/d/10DJIGDA-JGmg5-bZjIlbGJdLskG_gKAmakDaOXgQvSs

That should show you what all those wonderful buttons do.

cleverest
                            Participant

Nope. No video. But read the user manual. https://docs.google.com/document/d/10DJIGDA-JGmg5-bZjIlbGJdLskG_gKAmakDaOXgQvSs

That should show you what all those wonderful buttons do.

Thanks I did that. I see what they do, but not what I SHOULD DO when I complete each track and make things look nicer than not using it…

‘Create Drum animations’ seems like the only button I need to click? Do I HAVE to click Create a BEAT track first though? or Create Animations Events first?

I thought I could use this to create easier charts for lower difficulties, but it’s not intuitive of how, so I just click and it magically does this or do I need to have certain columsn/tracks selected?

Maybe I’m thinking too hard about this.

cleverest
                              Participant

Just an update…. I did the automatic reductions (drums) option under supersets (after saving an alt version of the project of course) and it magically looks amazing for E/M/H….just a bit aggressive on the GREEN DRUM throughout EASY on some longparts, but otherwise looks really good…

I’m scared to click other buttons, this worked so well… LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button