Interested in learning how to create RB3 customs for Xbox 360 – where to start?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    BornGamerRob
    Participant

Just an update…. I did the automatic reductions (drums) option under supersets (after saving an alt version of the project of course) and it magically looks amazing for E/M/H….just a bit aggressive on the GREEN DRUM throughout EASY on some longparts, but otherwise looks really good…

I’m scared to click other buttons, this worked so well… LOL

So you don’t NEED to click any buttons but the ones you want. But yes, it does a pretty good job at reductions. I’m also glad you looked at them. Just update them manually in the spots where it doesn’t work right as I think you’ve caught on to.

What I typically do is get rid of any play, idle markers that were in the template. Then, use the create animations button for your track. It places the play, idle and real time idle in the right spots for you. Again, if you want to “correct” these with other markers, feel free. But this lays down a nice baseline of at least getting proper markers in place out of the gate.

If you use the Create Beat Track button, just be sure you’ve adjusted your [end] marker in the Events track properly. I usually don’t have beat markers in the track, so using the button saves time and puts the markers in place properly (especially nice when doing odd tempo maps and you’ve set your tempo markers properly.

As you chart more and more, you’ll know which buttons in CAT you love the most and which you avoid.

Sounds like you’re getting close!

cleverest
      Participant

Thanks a lot! I did no the animations (drums) option on the top and although I can’t preview it, just looking through it, it seems solid…

to verify about End Markers, that’s just any marker named End right? I created a marker by double clicking the top where the song ends (where I dragged the clips to end, same spot) and named it End….or is there a specific way to set a special end marker I’m not seeing in Reaper?

Why would I even use Create Beat Track? I see MIDI notes already exist on the Beat channel, so do I need to? In what case would I need to ….the manual is pretty vague on WHY to do this…any help appreciated…I’m almost there!

cleverest
        Participant

Thanks to all who have helped…

Also…

One of the 2 songs I’ve done has a long fade out sequence (non-playable by anything), and the other one has some studio/band member noises I want to clean up…what is the best way to fade these tracks out…is setting the end marker in Reaper all that’s needed when exporting to clip it off? How can I fade it nicely…do I need to do this to the actual audio clip loaded in Reaper or can this be done later somehow using another tool?

Thanks.

rubydanger
          Participant

Your beat track does indeed need to be created for each song but it is simple. Once you have placed your end marker in events (best way is to simply drag the existing one to avoid errors) then just click create beat track and it will add the beat track up to your end marker. If you don’t do this you will have magma errors.

I use Audacity for fade outs but reaper can do it, its just a little more involved in reaper.

And yes, you are overthinking a bit – just hit some buttons to see what they do and remember to have fun!

cleverest
            Participant

Your beat track does indeed need to be created for each song but it is simple. Once you have placed your end marker in events (best way is to simply drag the existing one to avoid errors) then just click create beat track and it will add the beat track up to your end marker. If you don’t do this you will have magma errors.

I use Audacity for fade outs but reaper can do it, its just a little more involved in reaper.

And yes, you are overthinking a bit – just hit some buttons to see what they do and remember to have fun!

Thanks, I need to go back and do the Beat Track…I hope me doing it last after the other stuff didn’t hurt anything…

I did end up trying Magma just to check it out, but it tells me two audio files are not enough, such as a silent CROWD track or it will be corrupted…(only have the backing [full song minus drums and the drum track] – what’s the best method around that? Create silence for the song length…any better/easier way?

* never-mind, I found the right-click silence options in Magma…very handy…

cleverest
              Participant

I chose CREATE BEAT TRACK and chose the first option (CREATE BEAT TRACK NOTES), and it just went away…didn’t see to do anything…I hope that worked…The same midi notes in my Beat track channel appear to still be there and they only go up to 92 (looking right above them at the scale), they don’t extend through the entire song…as per this image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFmqfWPzB4Op8cgcVCfGV6NNf4wXIa-m/view?usp=sharing

cleverest
                Participant

^^^ Here is an example of my end marker….I didn’t have an “original one” that I could find (I’m very new to reaper so maybe I’m not seeing it or i don’t know the correct command…), so I had to create the one you see… https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QGq4Al8z84MAywwODImvQmWF3k621mw_/view?usp=sharing

cleverest
                  Participant

I just realized what was meant by END marker in Events…now I feel stupid…I see the moveable arrow in there…I probably need to run everything again in CAT?

I noticed the drum animations and reductions to EMH didn’t seem affected by the wrongly set EVENT marker at least….as far as I can eyeball anyways.

cleverest
                    Participant

Do I need to drag any of the arrows around in EVENTS to places like verses, chorus, “music end”, etc….why would I? (sorry, I warned you, I was new to this, haha)

Okay, it’s not necessary to be rude to me. If you want to debate my point you don’t have to passive aggressively address me like that.

I’m not sure how I was being rude at all. It’s not about debating the point, there’s no point to debate. If you want fully functional customs they have to be as close as official content as possible. It’s the same for any games, including RB3. That is simply fact, if you think facts are rude then idk, I guess I am being rude.

There is a reason why Magma C3 was changed to use numerical IDs by default as opposed to what it was before, years ago. They found out that it was causing issues, and now we’re stuck with a lot of customs that don’t have them, that doesn’t mean that we should go back to that old trend of half-functioning customs. I get that on xbox, the con of not having numerical IDs is minor, but xbox is not the only console, people do convert these customs to other consoles. I don’t think we should repeat the mistakes that we’ve done in the past, we should try to do better.

An easy way to not get conflicting numerical IDs when your Magma Author ID is not working is to simply not use 7 (or less) (conflicts with Harmonix stuff) or 10 (conflicts with automated Magma IDs) digit numbers, you can use any number of digits you want.

cleverest
                      Participant

I agree with both of you. I have done the disable unique ID needed just to build the song and test it out, but I do want a legit one…I requested with the admin for one as I have two completed songs ready to submit, but I know the number of these are limited..I hope I get one…

BornGamerRob
                        Participant

I did end up trying Magma just to check it out, but it tells me two audio files are not enough

You can ignore that warning. It will compile just fine. I’ve never had any issues when just using two tracks. I do it often without adding a silence track. But whatever works for you.

Do I need to drag any of the arrows around in EVENTS to places like verses, chorus, “music end”, etc….why would I? (sorry, I warned you, I was new to this, haha)

This should be covered in the documentation. But essentially the answer is yes. The main events markers are what indicates when the crowd reacts, and the verse, chorus, etc. markers are used for the practice portion of the game.

cleverest
                          Participant

Thanks, I’ve completed my first TWO tracks ever…proud to say they are multi-tracks at least for the intended instrument they are authored for so far, so I mean multitrack/complete as far as Expert+Pro DRUMS go…nothing else… (plus autogenerate EMH with spot-checks done), plus drum animations, beat track, event sliders for practice mode and outputted them with Magma – about to test them on my Xbox.

I’m not sure what to rate the songs difficulty-wise, since I can play these songs on a real drum set more or less, so I may be biased, but I went with CHALLENGING for the first one, and SOLID for the second one…

Two things missing so far from both are OverDrive and Drum Fills…that process still confuses me on how those work, but I’m getting there, hopefully I figure that out eventually or my tracks won’t have those, haha…

cleverest
                            Participant

Well I was all happy and then bummed out that both tracks start the audio for the drums BEFORE they show up, leaving it a big out of time mess…not sure what I screwed up…but it’s gotta be a simple fix…I hope…

Shroud
                              Participant

Well I was all happy and then bummed out that both tracks start the audio for the drums BEFORE they show up, leaving it a big out of time mess…not sure what I screwed up…but it’s gotta be a simple fix…I hope…

Did you add silence before audio in Reaper beforerendering? Maybe it doesn’t make a difference but you can try.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button