Interested in learning how to create RB3 customs for Xbox 360 – where to start?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    cleverest
    Participant

Did you add silence before audio in Reaper beforerendering? Maybe it doesn’t make a difference but you can try.

No I haven’t tried that, but made some slight changes and wanted to test again, but I can’t compile a new version anymore…sigh…keeps telling me ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (BEAT): MIDI events at [147:2:120] after the end event at [147:2:002]

I remove the note at the end, as the documentation says to, and then it tells me that there is midi events BEFORE the event…I can’t win to lose…soemthing is wrong with my Beat track…I tried to delete it all and regenerate is using the automation script, but now the song appears to be ruined…wonderful….

cleverest
      Participant

OMG that was a pain in the rear of the mighty metal Gods…I think my clips got dragged out and the beat track got messed up….UGH….that was a nightmare but I was able to render it…I hope it’s in time now….checking and will report back…

cleverest
        Participant

I noticed the left side of the clips in my song were not dragged over to the starting 1:1 spot, if was just truncated over to the right where the song starts…I’m hoping that was the issue, I just dragged the left side of the clips to the starting position…will be testing this soon..any other ideas?

cleverest
          Participant

I don’t believe my COUNTIN track is being rendered in the final results, for example my first song, audio starts immediately with drums, and when the track launching (both practice and actual quickplay) it just immediately starts, but not the chart, which lags behind, I believe the time difference is that COUNTIN track…it’s not muted when I export, what else could it be? Am I supposed to merge the main backing track and the countin somehow? How?

Thanks anyone…SO CLOSE!

cleverest
            Participant

My drummer animations now match the actual chart at least, but the music still starts immediately without a countin being played.. :-

cleverest
              Participant

It’s something so easy, I’m going to feel stupid when I figure it out or someone tells me (please?), I can’t find anything in the documentation, or I’m not looking in the right place, probably because it’s some stupid thing…

rubydanger
                Participant

Cant really tell you without seeing the file unfortunately.

And whenever you get that Beat track error – just create beat track again, just 1 simple button

cleverest
                  Participant

Cant really tell you without seeing the file unfortunately.

And whenever you get that Beat track error – just create beat track again, just 1 simple button

Unfortunately that one simple button didn’t work for me, each time it created a beat AFTER the clip end marker somehow, which I didn’t notice until I dragged it and saw it…but I fixed that, now it’s just the audio starting immediately and no COUNTIN…so the chart is off….although the RBN preview in repear is perfect and no errors during compile…I just don’t know.

BornGamerRob
                    Participant

Unfortunately that one simple button didn’t work for me, each time it created a beat AFTER the clip end marker somehow, which I didn’t notice until I dragged it and saw it…but I fixed that, now it’s just the audio starting immediately and no COUNTIN…so the chart is off….although the RBN preview in repear is perfect and no errors during compile…I just don’t know.

If you cannot audibly HEAR your Countin track, you did not render it WITH the song audio. You absolutely DO NOT need to merge it (in fact, don’t). If it’s playing in Reaper fine, you’re rendering is off.

So ensure you’re doing this.

Rendering the drum track AS IS. Do NOT include the countin on that track

Rendering ALL OTHER instruments INCLUDING the countin on a track

When you’re rending, ensure the SOLO option is chosen on the tracks you want to render. So you want to only have solo on for your drum track. ONE track rendered. And for the others, click the SOLO button on for all the tracks you are rendering. Be sure NOT to click on SOLO on any of the midi files.

That should give you the two tracks.

When you are setting this up in MAGMA, ONLY include these two tracks. Do not include any silence track or anything else you may have done. Just ignore the “two tracks” warning, you can compile the song despite them.

If you do everything exactly as stated above, it should work properly assuming you have it right in Reaper as you’ve stated. If you’re still having trouble, would be best to post the file, as many here can assess and tell you pretty quickly what’s wrong.

BornGamerRob
                      Participant

Unfortunately that one simple button didn’t work for me, each time it created a beat AFTER the clip end marker somehow, which I didn’t notice until I dragged it and saw it…but I fixed that.

there’s [end] and [music end]. be sure [end] is the VERY last thing in the events track. many times, people mix those two up, which will cause the error you’re referencing. CAT should be perfect at this, which means something must be wrong with the set up of the events.

cleverest
                        Participant

Thanks so much! the END marker is correct, I checked that so many times…it’s gotta be the rendering thing…I’ll try that and report back with the file if it fails, thanks!

cleverest
                          Participant

OMG I’m so close, but the chart is just the slightest bit too fast (ahead) of the music because I’m basically missing every hit unless I physically force myself to play a slight bit ahead of the bit…and yes it’s not a skill thing, I can really play this song, haha…somehow something is just a bit off….it’s so close, I can taste it!

cleverest
                            Participant

Or it is possible the music is coming slightly fast, not the chart…it’s super close, hard to tell in the frantic beats of the song…

Using Alt+S you can toggle snapping on/off in REAPER, it is probably on by default, turn it off, zoom in a lot and move the audio very slightly, make sure the peaks are aligned with the beats, then re-render the audio and compile it. Don’t forget to turn snapping back on when you’re done re-aligning the audio. It is easier to use a strong snare peak as reference. Assuming your audio is really later than the chart, you want to pull it back a tiny bit.

cleverest
                              Participant

Someone is helping me now, I will do this at the very last stage if needed, thanks for the tips Alternity

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button