Interested in learning how to create RB3 customs for Xbox 360 – where to start?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    hardcoredrummer
    Participant

So i’m doing drum charts. Probably where most people start to learn how to chart. Anyway I was curious what people thought about multi tracking drums. Does it matter if you just have the song audio vs backing audio and a drum track?

I mean multi tracks for full band sure that’s awesome but just for drums is it worth the effort?

I find they sound a bit off making them as sometimes…

Thanks

cleverest
      Participant

So i’m doing drum charts. Probably where most people start to learn how to chart. Anyway I was curious what people thought about multi tracking drums. Does it matter if you just have the song audio vs backing audio and a drum track?

I mean multi tracks for full band sure that’s awesome but just for drums is it worth the effort?

Thanks

You have to have them perfectly aligned… it helps to boost the drum track volume by itself to really hear things while authoring…don’t forget to re-set that volume to normal levels later though, lol…

I think it’s way better… that way when you miss a beat/part you don’t hear it, which makes it feel way more realistic, but I know it’s more work.

Kloporte
        Participant

Thanks

You don’t need multitracks, most customs are single-tracked. DIY stems with spleeter or RX7 is becoming a trend I don’t necessarily like or find useful.

If you struggle to hear a part (bass, especially), it can be helpful to use plugins like ReaPitch or bassmanager, or try your luck with spleeter, but results may vary and sometimes it can be more misleading than anything (maybe you would hear cymbals and subtle nuances less with the file spleeter gave you).

There’s actually many people who prefer single-tracked vs. multitracks, too.

hardcoredrummer
          Participant

Thanks. The one song I did I feel the bass is lowered when the drums were pulled out….and only in some spots. So that kind of shows maybe stick to single track. I just wanted to know peoples opinion. Suppose it’s ymmv with spleeter etc and how good you are with splitting the tracks. It was more of a question. If i’m only doing drums does it even matter? Or would people just assume it’s going to be single track…

As a new author I should stay consistant with what I choose. I get cleverest point of view. Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button