Interested in learning how to create RB3 customs for Xbox 360 – where to start?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    cleverest
    Participant

*** Please read posts on page 3, as I’ve already nearly completed two songs, I just need some help if you can… ***

I have some great tracks from bands that do not exist yet as a custom, and I’ve leeched enough that I feel like I should contribute something back. I think most, of not all the tracks I would convert would be single track sadly, as I don’t have access to multi-track versions for these.

Where do I start? I’m sorry if this is obviously somewhere or has been asked a million times, but I just want to do it right. I’m really only interested in creating expert level drum tracks (although open to doing all versions for drums as well down the road).

I have C3 Con Tools and use it only to load my USB flash drive with customs at the moment…

Can anyone point me in the right direction? What IS the best, current guide on this process, online? Thanks so much.

– Brett

BTW: I don’t know if it helps, but I own Studio One Professional 4.6, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors edition & Melodyne 4 Editor, if any editing needs done; that’s the tools, but I’ll download anything else I need, etc…

fabysk
      Participant

This thread will get you started on what you need and guides you through the set up process! Hopefully this helps!

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/8997-list-of-all-authoring-stuff-reaper-magma-tutorials-etc/

The Other Side
        Participant

BTW: I don’t know if it helps, but I own Studio One Professional 4.6, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors edition & Melodyne 4 Editor, if any editing needs done; that’s the tools, but I’ll download anything else I need, etc…

The only program you need for actual charting is REAPER, although perhaps one of these could help you edit endings to songs that fade out.

cleverest
          Participant

Thanks you two! I’ll check that link out…and try to make it happen! I can’t wait to get some Moving Mountains in Rock Band for drummers, and maybe someone else can do the rest of the instruments… :-)

cleverest
            Participant

The guide/thread you posted is 7 years old…has anything important/helpful changed in all that time, rendering any of that out of date? Just curious.

BornGamerRob
              Participant

The guide/thread you posted is 7 years old…has anything important/helpful changed in all that time, rendering any of that out of date? Just curious.

Well, lucky for you, the customs world has stood still since you can’t really have any upgrades/updates and still play customs on the Xbox. While updates may be true for the PC clones, with Rock Band, you’re still charting to the old but tried and true standards. So the documentation is still 100% applicable. The problems may come with dead and broken links to things, but enough searching, and you’ll find the answers. I have seen very, very few new things that come up so you’re in good shape to get cracking.

And while I absolutely admire your compelled feelings to give back, I can only hope once you start charting and seeing what a great contribution it is to do, you expand beyond drums. It might not happen right away, but funny enough, many of us, including me, started with that same mentality…drum charts only (I see you Yaniv, I see you AJFOne). But soon enough, when we saw the satisfaction you can get from expanding beyond one track and really opening a song up to a community to enjoy, you really can’t go back. =-)

Happy charting and be sure to stay strong, stay encouraged so you can create your first custom.

cleverest
                Participant

Well, lucky for you, the customs world has stood still since you can’t really have any upgrades/updates and still play customs on the Xbox. While updates may be true for the PC clones, with Rock Band, you’re still charting to the old but tried and true standards. So the documentation is still 100% applicable. The problems may come with dead and broken links to things, but enough searching, and you’ll find the answers. I have seen very, very few new things that come up so you’re in good shape to get cracking.

And while I absolutely admire your compelled feelings to give back, I can only hope once you start charting and seeing what a great contribution it is to do, you expand beyond drums. It might not happen right away, but funny enough, many of us, including me, started with that same mentality…drum charts only (I see you Yaniv, I see you AJFOne). But soon enough, when we saw the satisfaction you can get from expanding beyond one track and really opening a song up to a community to enjoy, you really can’t go back. =-)

Happy charting and be sure to stay strong, stay encouraged so you can create your first custom.

Thanks for the kudos and support; I am serious about getting at least one drum track out there and see how it goes. :-) I can’t seem to find CAT though, only a github download to the SOURCE CODE… :-(

cleverest
                  Participant

Never-mind, I found it :-)

cleverest
                    Participant

This thread will get you started on what you need and guides you through the set up process! Hopefully this helps!

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/8997-list-of-all-authoring-stuff-reaper-magma-tutorials-etc/

Following your guide, I did all the installs, including the RB Tools one to customize Reaper with stuff, and trying to open the project RBN Blank Template, but I also have the choice RBNTemplate and RBN2Template, so it’s confusing which one to use…instructions don’t really explain…in either case if I use any of them I get errors.

The error with RBNtemplate (which I think is the correct one since I’m trying this from a single audio file, I have no stems or midi), I get this error (about missing x3 RBN preview track files), this error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C2Xjbwrf6O-SFdrG0wKf9M2hnRFi8ZHV/view?usp=sharing

It does seem to open afterward…is that normal? Thanks. (I have more stuff to watch, just wondering…)

cleverest
                      Participant

Never-mind, it’s cause I was using the 64bit version of Repear instead of the 32bit, error is gone now…I’m hoping I’m supposed to be using RBNTemplate

cleverest
                        Participant

I’m now watching this guide: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/49724270

Wish me luck, lol

cleverest
                          Participant

I am missing this bottom notes panel as per the video above though, and he doesn’t say how to open it….I hope it’s something simple…he DOES have an older version of Reaper…I’m using the recommended latest version (but still old, which is 4.22), how do I open this bottom panel? https://drive.google.com/file/d/19hxtk7OhNQtlCZYqF5nqNqDdCRzMjZFS/view?usp=sharing

BornGamerRob
                            Participant

Double click on any instrument track and it will open in its own window. Then just dock it to the bottom to attain that bottom panel view.

cleverest
                              Participant

Double click on any instrument track and it will open in its own window. Then just dock it to the bottom to attain that bottom panel view.

LOL sorry, that WAS easy….I got my song loaded and Tempo mapped, sounds great with the Metronome, peaks lined up…only has 1 major BPM shift about 60% of the way through but it’s looking and sounding good…now I get to see how much of a pain it is to draw notes in for the drums. Thankfully I can play this song on real drums, so that should help. :-)

cleverest
                                Participant

Cool! I’m about 75% done with my first track ever…expert/pro drums…It’s not as hard as I imagined, but maybe because I know how to play this song, that probably helps a lot. I can’t wait to release this one! It’s very fun to play. There are some FLAM snare strikes that are lost in translation, I put those on RED + YELLOW when possible but it’s just not the same, but still a lot of fun!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button