LIST OF ALL AUTHORING STUFF (REAPER, Magma, tutorials, etc.)

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 256 total)
  • Author

Can you use a MIDI made from an online Converter source?

For Instances:

https://www.ofoct.com/audio-converter/convert-wav-or-mp3-ogg-aac-wma-to-midi.html

Also,

Are all the tool updates in the beginning of this forum updated? I know I have had some problems downloading, installing and report of missing files…

Oh and yes, I have no idea what I’m doing. Getting started – I think that is the hardest part.

Thank You for All the information provided!!!

Zohondekids
    Participant

Can you use a MIDI made from an online Converter source?

For Instances:

https://www.ofoct.com/audio-converter/convert-wav-or-mp3-ogg-aac-wma-to-midi.html

Also,

Are all the tool updates in the beginning of this forum updated? I know I have had some problems downloading, installing and report of missing files…

Oh and yes, I have no idea what I’m doing. Getting started – I think that is the hardest part.

Thank You for All the information provided!!!

No, that website produces horrible midis, it tries to put everything into one track, so unless you plan on spending like 10 minutes picking notes out I advise against it.

To be honest you can use any MIDI to get a good picture on what’s happening in the song, but you can’t use the MIDI to make a chart around it. Tempo will never match with the audio, and theses are very often not entirely optimal, by experience I always have to listen carefully to the song to make adjustment on what the MIDI I found on the internet says.

MIDI files/sheets are a good reference, but nothing more.

So where are the best places to find MIDI’s and how do you know if they are ok to use? I’m looking for both Older stuff and Newer.

HELP PLEASE…

1. Help me figure out where to put the following files from the C3 Custom Tools… Instructions below are good, but I have no idea where to put the Text files… and the Hi-Hat Wav files. (I put the .wav file on my desktop and when asked location, I was able to insert, but it goes away when I exit program) I can not find the MIDI EDITOR… (at least to be able to right click on it) I found it on the tutorial, but the explanatioin of where to install the file, I just don’t get it…. I do not see a Count-Ins folder to install the .wav file….

I am using the REAPER 4.22 (32BIT) VERSION.

INSTRUCTIONS: Customs Creators Collective custom template and tools for RB3

Copy the C3 Custom RB3 Template.rpp into your %APPDATA%REAPERProjectTemplates folder (e.g., c:meAppDataRoamingREAPERProjectTemplates)

Also included are note name files (BASS note names.txt, etc). These can be useful when importing bare MIDI files. Right-click in REAPER’s MIDI editor, and select File / Load note names from file.

The reducing.txt file contains a condensed set of rules for reducing instruments for lower difficulties.

INSTRUCTIONS: Updated OP CustomTools.zip to include stick.wav and hihat.wav. Right-click on the count-ins and Choose New File, and then save the template, or you’ll have to redo this every time you start a new custom.

2. Where do I put the W1limiter.win file? Some say the FX folder in the Plug In folder….

I’m sorry, I’m trying to get started. I hope it gets easier, once everything is set up!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND EFFORTS

1. I have the C3 template, hihat and stick wav files and note names files in a folder named CustomTools and also in ProjectTempltes (not sure why), which sit inside my REAPER install folder. The color maps go into REAPERDatacolor_maps.

2. Yes, the Limiter goes into FX, or as I have it, a VST subfolder. But you can also use any other folder and add it REAPER’s VST folder list, in the preferences.

To be honest to find MIDIs I just use google and download everything I can for the song I’m looking for and take the best possible MIDI file possible (or best sheet, in the case that there is only music sheets).

To be honest, I prefer GP5 (Guitar Pro 5) files over MIDI files as it’s easy to read and work with, but really it all depends on preferences.

I found some MIDI’s you can buy. I don’t mind paying for them, but if I buy all I want, it would get expensive. I have so many older cd’s, I was hoping to be able to convert them to the different files. This is why I was looking for an alternative. Thought maybe as the years go by and different programs are coming out, maybe someone had a program that would work with Rock Band Customs…

Thanks on the W1limiter – got it installed and dropped everything else into the main folder. Still keeps telling me to add the hihat every time

I found some MIDI’s you can buy. I don’t mind paying for them, but if I buy all I want, it would get expensive. I have so many older cd’s, I was hoping to be able to convert them to the different files. This is why I was looking for an alternative. Thought maybe as the years go by and different programs are coming out, maybe someone had a program that would work with Rock Band Customs…

Thanks on the W1limiter – got it installed and dropped everything else into the main folder. Still keeps telling me to add the hihat every time

Is the hihat in the same folder as the C3 template? That’s where REAPER always looks for media files if it can’t find them in the specified location of the project.

EuroMIX
      Participant

Is it still recommended to use the 4.22 version of Reaper rather than the newer versions?

Spindoctor
        Participant

Is it still recommended to use the 4.22 version of Reaper rather than the newer versions?

Yes for what we do it’s recommended.

Spindoctor
          Participant

I am one who uses midis for every song I make. Without them I am lost. There are many free midis out there that are darn near perfect. Minor tweaking is usually all it takes. My favorite free site is “freemidi.org” What I do is before mapping the song I insert the midi and line up the first beat of the song with the first beat of the midi. Remove any other markers that were in the midi, Then map as usual. For every tempo marker you put down the entire midi will shift accordingly. Then its a matter of transposing each instrument to your RPP instrument tubes. It can literally save hours if its even a decent midi. Pro midis can be very expensive and sometimes not even as good as the free ones. Anyone familiar with Reaper & wanting a quick walkthrough can PM me and I will try to help you understand how I do it

The Aftermath
            Participant

Need to know why VSTi: RBN Preview (RBN) doesn’t appears. I’ve downloaded every Plugins and it doesn’t shows… :/ I can’t see the RBN Preview for some reasons… It’s says that the configuration of the plugin is preserved… how do I make it works? Pls, I’ve come back just for making new customs after 4 years almost and I can’t start anything because of this… It’s seems that I just can’t use it….

Farottone
              Keymaster

Have you installed it and are you on Reaper 32 bit?

The Aftermath
                Participant

Have you installed it and are you on Reaper 32 bit?

Yep!

Seems like the custom tools link is off, somebody can please upload again?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 256 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button