Were getting a new Rock Band game….Uhh………Soon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Sideshow
    Participant

It makes sense that the RB3 setlist had less heavier/metal songs and thats because of the keyboard. They were trying to get as many artist/songs to show off their new keyboard peripheral.

It makes sense that the RB3 setlist had less heavier/metal songs and thats because of the keyboard. They were trying to get as many artist/songs to show off their new keyboard peripheral.

Then again, there is several Metal bands that do feature Keys prominently, even in the heavier parts of it. Off of the top of my head on some relatively big ones, Nightwish, Linkin Park, Dimmu Borgir, Children of Bodom, Evanescence, Dream Theater, Nine Inch Nails, The Devin Townsend Project, pretty much any Power Metal band, etc.

Not to mention that the Metal songs they did pick were poor choices for the bands with the thoughts of Keys/Harmonies. Antichrist Superstar by Marilyn Manson, Brompton Cocktail by Avenged Sevenfold, Bring The Noize by Anthrax & Public Enemy (if they put the DJ and alarm horns to Keys) etc. would have been better picks than the ones they did pick from that perspective.

Basically, I think they could have done a better job in making something that appealed to the hardcores, casuals and indie people all at the same time as well as RB2 did, as well as actually showing off the new features. Didn’t manage to get into playing PK before that first Linkin Park pack really as that was the first time I felt there was songs beyond Just Like Heaven that were both easy and fun enough to actually give me something to do while helping me practice actually becoming better without spending time in boring trainers.

espher
      Participant
        Not to mention that the Metal songs they did pick were poor choices for the bands with the thoughts of Keys/Harmonies. Antichrist Superstar by Marilyn Manson, Brompton Cocktail by Avenged Sevenfold, Bring The Noize by Anthrax & Public Enemy (if they put the DJ and alarm horns to Keys) etc. would have been better picks than the ones they did pick from that perspective.

On the other hand, the songs they picked by most of the acts in question were better picks for appeal to a broader demographic. There was still some dubious selection, though, and they could have picked some better stuff.

Personally I think RB1 had the best setlist. RB2 was pretty good, but I felt they could have had a much better selection of songs for the heavier stuff (RB3 was bad for that too), and the rock/classic rock selection was middling at best. There had been a lot of DLC for RB1 and early RB2 stuff that would have been a better selection.

RB2 basically had five indie songs (not just classed /as/ indie, but also ‘things that would count’) and RB3 probably gave it around 10% of the setlist, which is less than what most of the other genres get in each game. RB3 was a fantastic setlist for playability and ‘new’ bands, but so many of those were unknowns that would have been a great fit for something like a 20 Free (Dover’s “King George” gets so much play at my house).

In the next Rock Band, I would see:

5) The ability to set a specific scrolling speed for a player like Guitar Hero, and not just for everyone…

You could sort of do this in RB3, with individual track speeds. Then you got whatever the default speed was for your difficulty on your part, though I don’t know if you could then also toggle breakneck for just yourself, I never use it …

Now, making individual track option stay SET between sessions would be nice! Every time we play, the first track we play, we get like 15s in and go wait a minute, something is wrong… Oh yeah! Change setting, restart song ..

but to be fair, we got what we REALLY wanted already. The ability to add our own damn songs.

Customs (as opposed to legit RBN tracks) will be something I miss, because you can guarantee they’ll do their best not to leave open such a hole again, you can guarantee the record labels were not happy about it.

funkydunkleman
        Participant

Harmonix just tweeted this today:

Farottone
          Keymaster

http://harmonixmusic.com/blog/harmonix- … ouncement/

I’m more and more convinced that the plastic instruments business is over.

http://harmonixmusic.com/blog/harmonix-music-vr-announcement/

:raise:

This means we’re just one step closer to my Oculus Rift/Morpheus Rock Band dream!

This means we’re just one step closer to my Oculus Rift/Morpheus Rock Band dream!

I… want… a… actual… Rock Band game you (expletive)!

How would playing Rock Band on one of these devices not constitute playing a actual Rock Band game?

How would playing Rock Band on one of these devices not constitute playing a actual Rock Band game?

I don’t think you understood the post. I want a Rock Band where I can get the feeling you get when you hold a plastic insturment in my hands.

…And a good soundtrack! (Cough cough Judas Priest, Megadeth, King Crimson, Rush, Genesis, etc.)

The way I envision it a Oculus/Morpheus Rock Band would still use the instruments. It wouldn’t be Rock Band without them.

The way I envision it a Oculus/Morpheus Rock Band would still use the instruments. It wouldn’t be Rock Band without them.

I don’t think it personally would work that well. Plus, what are you going to release it on besides PC?

You want a good PC game, download Slender: The Eight Pages.

Not to mention, with so many songs available here, what’s the point with a setlist that could contain what we have already?

Morpheus is currently planned to pair with a PlayStation 4. I’m sure Microsoft will dump out a similar device for the XBox One in time so we’ll just cut Oculus out of it the equation. Why do you feel it wouldn’t work? I’ll pass on Slender. All of the songs officially released through C3 do not a new game make. New aesthetics would be nice. The ability to have a full 7 person band scored properly would be a plus… wait add the ability to play true full band online. Also with these two devices you could look around the stage. You know walk up close to pyrotechnics, look up at the lighting rigs, maybe go out into the audience, so on elect. Not sure how any of that would be bad.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button