StackOverflow’s Customs – Paper Mario Origami King Pack

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 313 total)
  • Author

arnt those tacks official dlc ?

naginalJJ
    Participant
      arnt those tacks official dlc ?

Nope

Downloaded the Foo tracks and both still don’t have vocals. Anyone else have this issue?

Don’t know if it might be conflicting with the old one. Erase the old version if you still have it. The parts are certainly there.

If you add parts you need to change the song ID, otherwise nobody who installed the previous version will be able to play it.

So this isn’t something wrong on my end correct?

Thanks for thinking of us vocals guys. Really look forward to trying the foo fighters song. Love panic station too. What it’s like on vocals would be amazing.

Farottone
      Keymaster

So this isn’t something wrong on my end correct?

It’s not. Well, it won’t work on your end and you can fix it by editing the song ID, but the author who re-releases a song with any difference in the metadata needs to compile it with a new ID.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Well a new ID is being made, right? I don’t see the problem here. I’m just not throwing away arbitrary permanent numeric IDs.

Dash Riprock
          Participant

Anecdotal perhaps, but I’ve resolved this issue many times, without changing IDs, by simply deleting my cache.

TrojanNemo
            Participant
              Well a new ID is being made, right? I don’t see the problem here. I’m just not throwing away arbitrary permanent numeric IDs.

No, a new ID is not created unless you enabled it creating a numeric ID, otherwise it’ll keep the existing ID. If this is a project you got from someone and continued it, it’s the same ID. If this is a CON you imported into Magma and went from there, it’s the same ID. It’s up to you to issue a new ID, and Magma lets you do that by appending the version number, or by using numeric ID, or by manually entering a custom ID…but you still got to make that decision.

And what’s the problem with throwing away a numeric ID. Each author has more unique IDs per author ID than anyone will ever compile, with the exception of farottone :v:

TrojanNemo
              Participant
                Anecdotal perhaps, but I’ve resolved this issue many times, without changing IDs, by simply deleting my cache.

Actually, this is not anecdotal at all. It IS the best practice for whenever something that should be showing up isn’t. But some people ( :confused: ) care about their scores being lost, so they avoid that by changing the song ID. This makes the game re-load that file only, rather than all other files too. Of course, that one file loses its score in the process.

Farottone
                Keymaster

But in this case the issue is on the part of the author, not on the part of user. You can delete your cache and lose all your scores, with the exception of the customs with the new IDs, but it’s just a workaround, the correct thing is to issue a new ID when any metadata is changed.

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant

But then the ID is changing, numerical or not. It went from v2 appended to v3. New ID, right?

C16

I think it should work in that case. I have the song downloaded from when you originally put it out, which is arlandriav1, while this one is arlandriav3. Never played it in game, so I can’t tell you if I’d have this problem, and I always clear my cache anyway.

Farottone
                      Keymaster
                        But then the ID is changing, numerical or not. It went from v2 appended to v3. New ID, right?

If you changed the ID, yes. If you just changed the file name, nope.

StackOverflow0x
                        Participant

So, it should still be okay. Magma by default increments the ID so it shouldn’t be happening unless the DTA ends up in a DTA that has already been read by the game, if that’s a thing people can have a problem with.

I had already deleted all old versions and still the new ones are without vocals. Really don’t want to have to clear my cache, so is there another way to get the upgraded customs? Noticed people said to change the song ID, how would I go about doing that?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 313 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button