StackOverflow’s Customs – Paper Mario Origami King Pack

Viewing 13 posts - 301 through 313 (of 313 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant

New upload to test the new C3U process.

Hear me out on this one: that keyboard solo! If you’re looking for something somewhat challenging on Keys, there it is. And also featuring an awkward Drums chart that was never meant to be played by a person. This doesn’t have Guitar, but there’s a suitable backup keyboard part to play.

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

Here’s another single, new custom. “Intermission”, by Blur.

This is also the fastest custom I’ve worked on, peaking at a little over 400 bpm. I’m not sure if the difficulty tiers are all that accurate because it’s tough to get a feel for how “difficult” it actually is.

rcale
        Participant

Thanks for this. I always forget this is Blur.

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

New updates to old customs. And hopefully for the last time for these, since they’re among my oldest customs. Full band and all the bells and whistles and stuff like that.

dOAduit.jpg

First up, new to the database, is “The Pit”, by Silversun Pickups. This now 5-year-old custom was fairly recent when I worked on it the first time. The previous version was so rough, it’s no wonder I never reuploaded it. Not only did it not have proper reductions, it had an older and worse version of the chart for lower difficulties. I had to start over on this one, so it’s an all-around brand new custom.

qAp5Blz.jpg

This one was still mostly okay. There are some minor refinements overall, and it also now includes vocals. I had a lot of fun with this one. This song is now almost 10 years old! I remember when I first heard it, sometime in 2010.

Finally, I’ll be participating in the upcoming C3thon. Catch my next new custom there in December.

TheOreo
            Participant

Oh boy, I’m firing up RB3 tonight just for The Pit – thank you so much for the update on it!

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

Traffic – Feelin’ Alright

idV7iX4.jpg

This song has a bit of a reputation for being one of the dozen or so songs that was very likely going to be an on-disc song for Rock Band 3. There is even text for an unused achievement for this song if you hit 90% of the notes on Keys. Since that never happened, I am glad to make this playable in Rock Band 3 as a custom for everyone!

This is probably one of the toughest customs I’ve ever worked on (and oldest). A big thanks to AJFOne23 for the Drums chart and TheWay123 for reviewing the other parts I charted. I regret not being able to work on Pro Keys for this one, but Keys players should not be disappointed. The challenging and varying parts should keep things exciting for all players.

Do you like this release? Awesome! If you would have downloaded this release even if it was paid DLC, please donate 90 cents per song to the Make-A-Wish foundation, we’ll be forever grateful!

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

This calls for an update.

“Infected”, by Bad Religion updated. Now with full multitracks.

XBLN2uf.jpg

I’ve also updated the chart accordingly. Some minor changes all around, with Harmonies seeing the most change.

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant

Hi. After all this time, I am back with one new custom. Check it out.

Lightning Battle – Motoi Sakuraba

vteXbtT.jpg

“Lightning Battle” comes from Kid Icarus Uprising, a 3DS game released in 2012. This belongs to a level where you fly around a storm. You can see it in its natural context here. The opening bass to this one is great. And the track is broken up into about 3 separate sections that are timed with the level. It has a really fun build-up near the end.

Click the visualizer above to download this or view the full chart preview below.

StackOverflow0x
                    Participant

I’m starting a pack for the recently-released Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. This game makes a bold claim of having 900 tracks and 28 HOURS of music in the game. Very few games can match it. And its collection of video game music features some new remixes from some of Japan’s top composers. Leading up to the release, the game’s website posted several samples to listen to.

I have 7 of them planned for release, all from the list on the website. They all have video previews on their download page. And all Drum charts are credited to Whizzer. Thanks!

x5PI2Cb.jpg

Title Theme, from Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. Produced by a staff member from the original game, this is still a soft rock take on the original theme.

j5aNUyN.jpg

City Trial, from Kirby Air Rid. A slower, but more rock-inspired remix of the original track that includes a more prominent rock drum beat and guitar solo.

4Pe8opK.jpg

Lost Painting, from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. This one retains its piano and synth parts. But the guitar part stands out for the most part. The song is also on a triplet grid, which is more noticeable for the drum part.

sM8f2dz.jpg

Brinstar Depths, but a new cover of it. This version is a lot more fitting for Rock Band and has a challenging guitar and drum part. There is also a 2x bass pedal version of this. This is the only track in the pack that is in 3/4 time all the way through, too.

xeAg5Y7.jpg

Not to be outdone by the previous game’s Mega Man 2 Medley, Mega Man 4 Medley is an excellent cover of three iconic Mega Man tunes: Dive Man, Skull Man, Drill Man. This is also the only track in the pack with no Keys. But it doesn’t need it because the Guitar and Bass are excellent on their own. Drums are very challenging as well and there’s a 2x bass pedal version available as well. This cover was done by Jun Senoue, composer and musician for Sega and Sonic the Hedgehog. He’s also the lead guitarist from Crush 40!

W6mE2kQ.jpg

A remix to the champion’s battle music from Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. Though the game cites this as coming from their remakes, the remake’s remix doesn’t seem to do anything different from the original that would be notable in this remix. Like the other tracks in this pack, it’s a rock remix that’s fitting for battle and Rock Band. This has the hardest drums in the pack for being so fast and requiring tricky kicks. A 2x bass pedal version is available, too. It can get pretty intense!

53uHQDp.jpg

A combination remix of Bloody Tears and Monster Dance from Castlevania 2. Why did I choose two Castlevania tracks for one pack? They’re both excellent for Rock Band! Especially this one. There are some tricky parts for all instruments to play and I knew there would be when I first heard it. This is the fastest track in the pack and makes for some challenging parts throughout. This track, like Lost Painting, has some background choirs that were charted to Keys as well.

Nice pack, especially Brinstar. I’m always happy to see anything Metroid related in RB

StackOverflow0x
                      Participant

Phew, time to dust this off for the year 2020.

I forgot to post my releases from last week here, so I’ll roll both releases together now, newest first.

First up, “Heart’s All Gone”… again.

R5cNNY6.jpg

I last updated this about 5 years ago. But it’s had an issue with disco flip on Drums since. Now that I finally got around to fixing this, I also made other much-needed improvements such as a Guitar and Bass chart that isn’t totally out of sync and inaccurate in certain parts. It also has a new venue, numeric ID to save your scores, and a perfectly serviceable karaoke audio track. Let’s pretend 2011 never ended!

Next up is a Mega Man Zero series pack. The Mega Man Zero series was an action platformer that ran from the early to mid 2000s for the Game Boy Advance. Recently, these were re-released on PC/Switch/PS4/Xbox One as part of the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection with improved audio quality in the soundtrack and official releases of the game soundtracks. These customs are all still using the DS collection’s audio though because it’s not as completely awful-sounding as the GBA original and still comes as multitracks.

So having played all 4 games in the series now, I decided to rehash (once again) 2 of my old customs already from one of these games, and add 3 more to them for a well-rounded pack featuring a track from each game. These are a combination of my favorites and fan-favorites. They’re not all the most difficult to play, but they can be melodic and punchy.

Sv7QARu.jpg

This one is always confusing to read at first. It’s the Zero series remix of a tune from the X series. So that makes it a bit of a classic. It’s got a really annoying Guitar chart that requires speedy fingers. Or play on Hard to spare yourself. I also want to credit atruejedi for helping out on the custom venue for this one. It helped me get a grasp of how to use Venuegen, which I used for everything else.

2ijy5GT.jpg

Here’s another old update. But another absolute classic. If I were to pick any one track out of the entire series, it would be this one. Iconic tune. However, that doesn’t make it very hard to play.

r7olgAR.jpg

This is just a favorite of mine, so it’s not particularly iconic. Some say the opening kind of sounds like Led Zepplin’s “Kashmir”? I’ve probably mentioned that already since this is like the third time I’ve updated this. But it loops one more time now to match the others in the pack.

g5FbQFe.jpg

An excellent piano-leading tune here. When I first heard this, I knew it had to go into this pack. The level this was featured in is fun, too. Just imagine sliding down a hill on a sled, slashing enemies as you go.

x3UnKG4.jpg

Another favorite of mine. It’s from the fire turtle level where you disarm a giant solar-powered beam. This one is intense. And it also features that unique guitar sound from the series’ soundtrack. Definitely fun to play.

I want to thank kueller for his amazing Venuegen. It’s opened up a whole world of opportunities when it comes to venue authoring.

I’m hoping to get back to charting. I have a lot of projects in the works. I just need to finish them.

StackOverflow0x
                        Participant

I’m back with a couple of new customs.

I played the new Paper Mario game on Nintendo Switch, and that OST… ROCKS! Who knew paper and rock went so well together? This game surprised me with its vast soundtrack, and the two tracks below are the ones that turned out to be my favorites.

https://youtu.be/FOj17z0kpiU

Event Battle

kQyn6gS.jpg

This is the first battle music you hear in the game! Wow! It has a bit of a whimsy and silly side to it, but also some powerful guitar chords leading the track. It’s certainly a fan favorite! It’s heard throughout most of the game during battles which have some story progression locked behind it. Like most battle tracks in the game, there’s a “thinking” version that plays while setting the field or picking moves, which cuts out the lead and really helped with the charting part, though this version was not charted. The game also features custom victory jingles to all their unique battle tracks, which was used as the ending in this version.

Vellumental Battle

EpaSl6F.jpg

This is one of the boss tracks heard in the game. Vellumentals are these elemental beasts based on Chinese folklore. You have the earth turtle, the water dragon, the fire bird, and the ice bear. As such, this track has a mix of that ancient/classical/mysterious vibe, but with a rock base, and very tense and dramatic. It’s more strings and horn-heavy, which fits well on keys and even has a charted violin solo. It’s a simpler guitar part compared to the other one, but the drums are harder. As with the previous custom, there was a “thinking” version which helped for charting, but was not charted. Its unique victory jingle was also used for the ending.

Thanks to everyone who helped on these. I really enjoyed working on this.

StackOverflow0x
                          Participant

Finally, after nearly 2 years of no releases, I’m back with 3 more customs that I had started quite a while ago.

This next pack focuses on Pokémon Masters, a mobile game released in 2019 that, like many other games in its space, is a crossover gacha-type game. The game features hundreds of characters, and with that, music from all over the Pokémon series uniquely-remixed for the game. And often times, this means remixed in a more rock-heavy style than the original.
                            These tracks were produced and released on YouTube through the game’s official account about 2 years ago to celebrate the then-first anniversary. These were released with official sheet music as well, though my inability to read them meant it was very little help.

Another note, these tracks are not actually featured in the game, but are based on the renditions found in the game, though with a more “band” style, as the original video description implies.

Anyway, now as the game celebrates its third anniversary, these are finally ready for release!

This one really opens with a bang! Based on the Gym Leader battle theme from the original Pokémon Red and Blue games on the Game Boy, it also sounds almost nothing like it as the game’s rendition, as with a lot of the remixed tracks, adds a bit of its own original take to spice things up. Definitely fun on all instruments. Even Bass gets a solo, which is rare!

The iconic Champion Cynthia’s battle theme, from the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl games. The tense and dramatic keys are tricky and fun to play. It strays a bit from the original, of course, but it helps keep the pace up. And no, that’s not a mistake. This track does not have a Guitar part. Keys player’s delight here.

The even more dramatic battle theme of Red, from the Pokémon Gold and Silver games. You had to be there back in the day to find the protagonist of the first game at the end of the last cave in the game, where he challenges you and this plays. This version leans heavily on the violin part, and some horns. It builds tension throughout before culminating to the ending. This actually has a fairly challenging Bass part, too.

That’s it for now. I have more stuff in the works I hope to finish and release.

Viewing 13 posts - 301 through 313 (of 313 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button