Ruggy’s PRO Upgrades Project

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Ruggy
    Participant

April 5th, 2019 – Rock Band: Blitz Pack 01 (3 songs):

• Blink-182 – Always
      • Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks
      • Tears For Fears – Shout

Ahhhhhh! Thank you thank you thank you… Thank you so much! Let’s bring pro upgrades back from the dead!

You can probably guess which ones I am looking forward to most XD

I spent hours last night trying to fix Ziggy’s Jesus of Suburbia Guitar to be as close to the correct official tabs as possible (It’s in tune now) and I have done the best I can, even fixing the solo.

Unfortunately now I have no idea what to do with the midi chart I made, I have tried as hard as I can to get the game to recognize it but I think i am going to give up and leave it to the pros. If anyone wants the file I made and knows how to make it work (generate difficulties, add bass, make the game recognize it) feel free to send me a pm, hopefully it will save someone a little bit of time.

If anyone wants me to, I can continue to edit his charts and do the same thing for his other Green Day songs if it helps as I have the official tab books for both albums American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown and would be happy to give something back to the community here.

Ahhhhhh! Thank you thank you thank you… Thank you so much! Let’s bring pro upgrades back from the dead!

You can probably guess which ones I am looking forward to most XD

I spent hours last night trying to fix Ziggy’s Jesus of Suburbia Guitar to be as close to the correct official tabs as possible (It’s in tune now) and I have done the best I can, even fixing the solo.

Unfortunately now I have no idea what to do with the midi chart I made, I have tried as hard as I can to get the game to recognize it but I think i am going to give up and leave it to the pros. If anyone wants the file I made and knows how to make it work (generate difficulties, add bass, make the game recognize it) feel free to send me a pm, hopefully it will save someone a little bit of time.

If anyone wants me to, I can continue to edit his charts and do the same thing for his other Green Day songs if it helps as I have the official tab books for both albums American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown and would be happy to give something back to the community here.

I’ll happily take a look at them. It’s good to use the game’s isolated guitar recordings, however, as even official tab books can contain mistakes.

I’ll happily take a look at them. It’s good to use the game’s isolated guitar recordings, however, as even official tab books can contain mistakes.

Awesome, I will send a link in pm.

Before I updated the chart, the song was completely out of tune. It’s possible he made the chart with a non standard tuning but I have charted it to E standard.

Ruggy
      Participant

Awesome, I will send a link in pm.

Before I updated the chart, the song was completely out of tune. It’s possible he made the chart with a non standard tuning but I have charted it to E standard.

I can revise and release it here, right now I’m kinda slow because I’ve been very ill lately, and I didn’t have the time to release anything new by now, but you can send me if you want.

RainbowDash321
        Participant

More releases. Thanks Ruggy. =)

I can revise and release it here, right now I’m kinda slow because I’ve been very ill lately, and I didn’t have the time to release anything new by now, but you can send me if you want.

I am so sorry I didn’t see your reply sooner. I will send you what I have! Thanks for wanting to check it out!

genaro227
          Participant

Thanks so much for continuing to support Pro Charts and Players. I’m trying to understand how Rock Band’s file structure and other stuff work and soon I’ll try charting songs. So to be sure: I add your pro upgrade midi tracks to the the RBHP midi tracks using reaper and then put your Pro Upgade metadata on the RBHP upgrades.dta? This means you are only charting PRO upgrades for songs that have RBHP upgrades right? I’m just trying to fully understand how this works before I add them to my game. Thanks again.

Ruggy
            Participant

Thanks so much for continuing to support Pro Charts and Players. I’m trying to understand how Rock Band’s file structure and other stuff work and soon I’ll try charting songs. So to be sure: I add your pro upgrade midi tracks to the the RBHP midi tracks using reaper and then put your Pro Upgade metadata on the RBHP upgrades.dta? This means you are only charting PRO upgrades for songs that have RBHP upgrades right? I’m just trying to fully understand how this works before I add them to my game. Thanks again.

Almost there. On the RBHP, you have two .dta files (“songs.dta”, and “upgrades.dta”).

– The songs.dta file contains all info about the song (song title, artist, mixing info, diffs, etc.). ALL songs (Customs, on-disc songs, DLCs) have this file to be read in-game.

– The upgrades.dta file contains PRO G/B metadata (diffs and tunings) and points the midi file with the additional MIDI tracks.

All RBHP songs need to have both .dta files.

And why?

The game won’t read any additional info than PRO G/B diffs and tunings if you place them on upgrades.dta. So if you place the Keys/PRO keys diffs or the info that the songs has harmonies on the upgrades.dta the game will ignore and you will hit the wall that is the NO PART on said instruments.

That’s why we need the songs.dta on the pack.

If we place the Keys/PRO Keys/Harmonies info on the songs.dta the game will read it properly.

My post-RB3 upgrades only have the upgrades.dta file because they already have Keys/PRO Keys/Harms and all technical info used for PRO G/B (Like the vocal tonic note/song tonality, that changes the default shown accidental chords symbols in-game).

Ruggy
              Participant

Also, I really want to apologize for another release delay, I’ve been very ill these days and with a PC that is not helping me.

RainbowDash321
                Participant

Any updates yet on new Pro Guitar/Bass yet?

Ruggy
                  Participant

Any updates yet on new Pro Guitar/Bass yet?

Sorry, man. I can do anything atm because I don’t have any PC to work on new upgrades. “Nine in the afternoon” and “That’s what you get” (from the GreenPanda’s pack) are already done but I can’t access my HD to get the upgrade files.

Thank you for your work, Ruggy. Can anyone explain how I can extract the midi and dta files from these files so I can convert the upgrades to use on PS3?

Shroud
                    Participant

Thank you for your work, Ruggy. Can anyone explain how I can extract the midi and dta files from these files so I can convert the upgrades to use on PS3?

I think you can use C3 Tools to *first* add upgrades to an XBox CON, and *then* convert the result to PS3.

All you need for a PS3 upgrade is the midi file (that you can convert to edat using C3 CON Tool’s PS3 converter) and the upgrades.dta file which you can use any upgrade to base yours on, you don’t need to do anything with CON files, unless it’s to extract the files. It’s the same for wii, minus the edat encryption.

You can extract CON files simply by dragging a CON file into the main window of C3 CON Tools.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button