Ruggy’s PRO Upgrades Project

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Ruggy
    Participant

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL RBHP PROJECT, IT IS JUST A FORK FOR REVISED PRO UPGRADES AND NEW RELEASES FOR IT.

When RBHP was created, a few PRO Guitar/Bass upgrades were included on the package, but back then charters have little knowledge to chart PRO Guitar/Bass charts directly on REAPER, leaving the duty to EOF/Ziggy’s PRO Editor. Unfortunately, Both programs let many waste on the MIDI track, and most of them doesn’t even have EMH difficulties charted.

Nowadays, I took the challenge to update every RBHP PRO Guitar/Bass upgrade and re-release them, polishing and revising the MIDI tracks and placing auto-generating EMH difficulties and recently discovered markers and features.

Going far from this, I’m also releasing new PRO upgrades for PRO players to enjoy even more of this epic mode!

>>>> RELEASE FORMAT:
      I’m releasing all upgrades on CON format, ready to be placed on your XBOX! (scroll down to find the download link)
      • For Wii users, follow this guide (written by StackOverflow0x).

• For PS3 users, follow this guide (written by grubextrapolate).

PS: It’s strongly recommended not to bundle these PRO upgrades with CON Tools’s Upgrade Bundler, since all these upgrades have special songs.dta with additional metadata that the Bundler won’t replace.

You can extract all CON files (songs.dta, upgrades.dta, and MIDI file) using C3’s CON Tools.

>>>> FEATURES:

• Revised tracks polishing: It can save a few kbs cleaning the mess EOF and Ziggy’s place on the MIDI files (like cleaning and placing proper authoring index finger positions (populary called fret hand positions) and root notes for chords).

• Auto-generated EMH difficulties: Lower difficulties are auto-generated using Ziggy’s PRO Editor (may be innacurate, nothing’s perfect).
      • Technical workarounds discussed and approved with PRO Guitar/Bass players: At the moment, Pinkymilo and GreenPanda12 enter on the project as part of the official council to discuss chart workarounds, especially when it comes to playability. Nothing better than these PRO players masters to help making these charts accurate and playable for other PRO players!
      • PRO Trainers placed on every song: Everybody needs some good training sometimes, so…

>>>> COMPATIBILITY WITH RBHP AND KEYS UPGRADES:

By default, these PRO upgrades won’t have any metadata of harmonies or keys on their songs.dta files, so you must simply copy the upgrades.dta of any PRO upgrade, paste it on the designed RBHP song folder (You must use RBHP songs.dta ’cause it has the keys and harms metadata) and merge all tracks from both PRO upgrade MIDI and the RBHP MIDI using REAPER.

>>>> FAQs:
      • Q: Why does your upgrades has a songs.dta file if its not needed for PRO Upgrades?

PRO Guitar/Bass charts use the vocal tonic note and the song tonality metadata to choose which accidental note symbol should be used by default, and these metadata won’t be read if they’re placed on upgrades.dta, It has to be on the songs.dta file.

• Q: Why are the freezing on the loading screen with certain songs like “Foreplay/Long Time”?

Probably you should have bundled the PRO upgrade with the original CON file. Do not do this. Just place all PRO upgrades separately from the original CON file and they should work file. This happens because certain RB1 songs has a “short version” on the original CON file, the upgrade bundler reads the short version as the main one and place all PRO MIDI tracks on the short version’s MIDI file, but the game tries to find these tracks on the normal version and crashes beucase it can’t find the MIDI tracks…

>>>> DOWNLOAD:

All released and revised upgrades can be found on this folder.

A spreadsheet with a release history can be found here.

>>>> SPECIAL THANKS:

For all C3 members who gave me support on charting.
      espher, by creating RBHP and accepting me on this challenge.
      Fuji and Sheep, who owns the Keyboard Project’s fork (kinda like my project but focusing on Keys/PRO Keys, totally worth to give a look and download them all as well).

Pinkymilo, who discovered some new PRO features alongside me and helps me testing.
      GreenPanda12, who helps me on the upgrades charting and testing.

raynebc
      Participant

I’m a bit curious about what mess you think EOF leaves in the RB3 formatted pro guitar tracks.

Ruggy
        Participant

I’m a bit curious about what mess you think EOF leaves in the RB3 formatted pro guitar tracks.

It places fret hand positions and root notes on every note, which is totally unnecessary for the chart.

Ruggy
          Participant

March 9th, 2019: Rock Band Pack 01 (6 songs):

• Blue Öyster Cult – (Don’t Fear) The Reaper ✪
            • Boston – Foreplay/Long Time ✪
            • Freezepop – Brainpower
            • The Killers – When You Were Young
            • Queens of the Stone Age – Go with the Flow
            • Ramones – Blitzkrieg Bop

= Originally from Rock Band: Harmonies Project

raynebc
            Participant

It places fret hand positions and root notes on every note, which is totally unnecessary for the chart.

No remotely recent version of EOF adds FHPs on every note unless you define fingering that requires moving the index finger between every note. If you’re using a release from several years ago, it might write a FHP for every single note in general. I hadn’t noticed that RB3 don’t require the root note to be repeated for repeated chords, but that does make the MIDI a tiny bit smaller (since running status encoding already removes almost all the note event overhead). I’ve updated EOF to make use of that. Thanks for that information.

Ruggy
              Participant

No remotely recent version of EOF adds FHPs on every note unless you define fingering that requires moving the index finger between every note. If you’re using a release from several years ago, it might write a FHP for every single note in general. I hadn’t noticed that RB3 don’t require the root note to be repeated for repeated chords, but that does make the MIDI a tiny bit smaller (since running status encoding already removes almost all the note event overhead). I’ve updated EOF to make use of that. Thanks for that information.

Are you in charge of EOF? I’ve discovered new features and how slide markers really work in-game, If you want me to help you, just PM me.

Sliver
                Participant

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but if I wanted to use these with Phase Shift, where would I go to do so?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but if I wanted to use these with Phase Shift, where would I go to do so?

Your best would be REAPER. Load in the midi you’re using in Phase Shift, then import the new midi with just the new pro tracks, export it all and replace your old midi file. Be sure to keep a backup the first time, in case something goes wrong.

genaro227
                  Participant

So if I already added RBHP add-ons like keys or Pro G/B to a song would I simply add these upgrade files the same way? Using the C3 upgrader?

Yes, you could.

Ruggy
                    Participant

So if I already added RBHP add-ons like keys or Pro G/B to a song would I simply add these upgrade files the same way? Using the C3 upgrader?

You just need to merge the RBHP MIDI tracks with my PRO upgrades MIDI tracks using REAPER and place my PRO upgrades’ metadata on the RBHP upgrades.dta

RainbowDash321
                      Participant

Can you also chart Pro Guitar/Bass for the songs that don’t have it?

JDK_13
                        Participant

He’s done songs like Brain Power. There is also a new pro author named Jawnintendo who started charting because he didn’t like the inaccuracy in the existing pro upgrades. But he’s also charted his own songs. Once Ruggy finishes all the fixing and polishing, maybe the new upgrades with get released.

Ruggy
                          Participant

Can you also chart Pro Guitar/Bass for the songs that don’t have it?

I’m intending to keep releasing new releases alongside the revised ones, right now I’m finishing RB1 songs on the RBHP, and then I’m thinking of revising RB2 songs, and so on.

I’m also asking apologizes for the delay on the release of the next pack. I’m having a mix of health issues, a lot of homework to do and I’m also without a PC at home…

RainbowDash321
                            Participant

I’m intending to keep releasing new releases alongside the revised ones, right now I’m finishing RB1 songs on the RBHP, and then I’m thinking of revising RB2 songs, and so on.

Awesome, I’ll wait until you complete RB1…so I can upgrade my Pro Guitar/Bass pack.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Back to top button