RBPH fork with new keyboard bits, and more!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    ThatsGooodJason
    Participant

We’re back with more keys for legacy RB tracks, and this time we have three artist packs to show off! The following are now available in my fork of the Rock Band Harmonies Project:

• R.E.M. – “Driver 8” – keys by FujiSkunk
      • R.E.M. – “It’s the End of the World as We Know It (and I Feel Fine)” – keys by FujiSkunk
      • R.E.M. – “Stand” – keys by TheSheepQueen
      • Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Dani California” – keys by TheSheepQueen
      • Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Snow ((Hey Oh))” – keys by TheSheepQueen
      • Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Under the Bridge” – keys by TheSheepQueen
      • Go-Go’s – “Our Lips Are Sealed” – keys by FujiSkunk
      • Go-Go’s – “We Got the Beat” – keys by TheSheepQueen

The Standard Spiel: What Is the Rock Band Harmonies Project?

For those who might be new to the project, the original project announcement by espher, founder of the RBHP, still has plenty of good info. Besides the files hosted on GitHub, the most important bits are the RBHP Custom Packager, and espher’s tutorial on how to use it. The tutorial is still on YouTube. The packager is available here.

For those who have purchased pro-guitar upgrades for legacy DLC, note that these cause conflicts with RBHP upgrades, and so you should not use the RBHP Custom Packager to add keys and harmonies to tracks with pro upgrades. In particular, “Under the Bridge” has a pro upgrade, so be aware if you decide to update that song for keys and harmonies.

Hold Up…

“Wait a minute, Fuji,” I hear you saying. “You can’t have an artist pack with just two songs!” Right you are, so here’s another Go-Go’s track, “Vacation”! Originally charted and released by Nunchuck and Sygenysis, this new version has genuine pro keys, plus some polish for the 5-lane keys track. The audio now includes a count-in as well.

So there you go, three packs from three artists with three songs each, all waiting to be played on your favorite keyboard. Enjoy!

Good to see this is still going. Though I haven’t had a Rock Band Night in over a year now, for obvious reasons.

Did you ever figure out what was going on with One Way or Another and Wonderwall?

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

Did you ever figure out what was going on with One Way or Another and Wonderwall?

Yes, and I added a fix to the repo, so those songs should be okay now. Of course let me know if you see otherwise!

Ultrace
        Participant

A little late to the party… Actually very late to the party, but I do have a question. Where does one get their hands on the RBHP Custom Packager? The only references I can see to it is at keepitfishy.com which appears to be defunct. (Apparently the installation guide was also stored at that website, although at least there’s a [long] YouTube tutorial on how to add these.)

FujiSkunk
          Keymaster

Yes, you can find a link to the bundler in my latest announcement post. Look in the “standard spiel” section. You’ll find a link to the tutorial on YouTube there too, but it sounds like you have that already.

Ultrace
            Participant

Unbelievable — I read your post and misunderstood your link to the packager. I have it now, thanks very much!

TheWalrus
              Participant

First of all, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to the amazing talent involved in this project. I’ve been pulling RB3 out of mothballs for parties and we’re getting more use out of the keytar than ever. It is so nice to just have the keytar out for party members and not have to worry about explaining “yeah you can hear the piano in Don’t Stop Believin’ but you can’t play it because…” These are amazing and I’m so happy to see that even over ten years after launch these tracks are getting some love.

That being said, a few songs are giving me issues. They come into play when launching either the harmony part or the keys part–they cause the console to freeze up and shut down.

One Way Or Another
                Call Me
                And She Was
                Once In A Lifetime
                Caprici Di Diablo
                So What
                I Heard It Through The Grapevine
                Wonderwall

Also, I’m having trouble getting the keys and harmonies upgrades for to take on Stand. Other upgrades in the pack went through. Same issue with No More Tears, Mala Gente, Yerbatero and Welcome to the Black Parade. Any idea why those aren’t taking?

EDIT: looks like it’s an issue with getting RBHP to take–harmonies on songs like Your Decision, Weightless, and a handful of other songs in the A’s and B’s aren’t taking either. Gonna try redownloading the RBHP and rebuilding.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by TheWalrus.
                • This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by TheWalrus.
                FujiSkunk
                Keymaster

They come into play when launching either the harmony part or the keys part–they cause the console to freeze up and shut down.

Well that’s no good. Thanks for letting me know. I’ll take a look at those and see what’s going on.

Shroud
                  Participant

On what console?

FujiSkunk
                    Keymaster

My apologies for how long this took, but the good news is I’ve just committed a number of updates that should fix most if not all the songs reported by TheWalrus. To everyone who was having issues with those upgrades — which likely was everyone that tried them — please try those songs again.

Note that not every song in the list got an update, but due to the way upgrades are bundled, an issue with one song tends to cascade and affect other songs as well. Of course let me know if you still see hiccups with these or any other songs.

Link to the repo: https://github.com/FujiSkunk/rbhp/

Link to the finer details of the latest changes: https://github.com/FujiSkunk/rbhp/commit/77746ee2c318bfd2588f1f8ccbfa06a0624299a6

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by FujiSkunk.
                      usta95
                      Participant

Thanks for updating 🙂

But some MIDI files have mistakes:
                        Lego Rock Band – A-Punk: In harmonies, I think there is empty notes, because sometimes game is showing empty parallel lines in lyrics.
                        Rock Band – Cherub Rock: Optional Upgrades – Pro Guitar midi file does not includes harmony parts.

FujiSkunk
                        Keymaster

Lego Rock Band – A-Punk: In harmonies, I think there is empty notes, because sometimes game is showing empty parallel lines in lyrics.

I’m not sure what you mean by empty parallel lines. The “harmonies” are actually when the singer overdubs himself with one and later two parts. They all sing the same pitches, so they all get mashed together in-game, looking like lines with different blue and orange colors around the edges. The fact that there are no “harmonies” in the sense that different parts get different pitches to sing, is probably why the song didn’t get a harmony upgrade before now. Still, I felt the overdubs were artsy enough to justify charting them.

Rock Band – Cherub Rock: Optional Upgrades – Pro Guitar midi file does not includes harmony parts.

Whoops, now that was a genuine mistake. Thank you for the catch. Now fixed!

usta95
                          Participant

Sorry for misunderstanding. I mean empty vertical lines not parallel. I think, harmony parts includes some empty phrase markers. (maybe tamborine leftovers, if song has tamborine parts.)

FujiSkunk
                            Keymaster

Sorry for misunderstanding. I mean empty vertical lines not parallel. I think, harmony parts includes some empty phrase markers. (maybe tamborine leftovers, if song has tamborine parts.)

I understand what you’re saying now. However, I don’t know for sure what could be causing that. I can only guess that the phrase separators (the vertical lines) are craeted based on the phrase bars in HARM1, which have to cover all vocals in all three harmony parts. HARM2 has to have phrase bars that cover any vocals in both the second and third harmony parts, and those are the only phrase bars in HARM2 for “A-Punk”. If you don’t see this in other songs and you have other suggestions on what it might be, I’ll take another look.

usta95
                              Participant

Here, I’ve cleaned up empty markers. I’ve think it’s fixed now.
                                apunk_plus.mid

Will the harmonies project continue? Or Pro Guitar/Bass charts? Too many RBN songs has (still) doesn’t have harmonies.

FujiSkunk
                                Keymaster

Thanks! I’ve grabbed your file and when I get a moment I’ll compare and see what’s going on.

Will the harmonies project continue? Or Pro Guitar/Bass charts? Too many RBN songs has (still) doesn’t have harmonies.

Yes, other updates including more pro guitar/bass updates are in the pipe!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 152 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button