[How-To] Playing Customs on PS3

Viewing 15 posts - 1,201 through 1,215 (of 1,262 total)
  • Author

You didn’t need to do that, all the files for PAL are now included with C3 CON Tools, the OP just wasn’t updated and the dude that made the post is long gone.

On 6/12/2019 at 12:05 AM, TrojanNemo said:

Added a link to the OP directing to the new instructions back here. Thanks.

The link on the first post simply directs me to the first post again, can this be corrected? 

Also I have followed all steps in the new directions for ps3hen hfw as best as I can figure and am getting zero songs showing. I ran through converting and merging with a blank songs.dta, created the hmx****/songs directory and dropped everything in there. Does this dta/folder structure look okay? 522120094_Screenshot_20201104-235026_TotalCommander.thumb.jpg.dbda2a1a129f595d175c69beaf29e88c.jpg

+ songs.dta file

songs.dta

From the OP `/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR`

You are not using the right folder.

21 hours ago, Alternity said:

From the OP `/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR`

You are not using the right folder.

I’m using the game install folder, that’s where the USRDIR folder and all the assets and game files are. My set-up with HEN requires that folder, but the ps3 runs RB3 the same way as it would if it was in the “game” folder so I don’t think this is the issue.

The folder you are using is used for game ISOs, that is not where the PS3 reads DLCs.

`game` folder is where the PS3 reads DLCs but you used the `GAMES` folder which is used for game ISOs by various homebrew softwares.

39 minutes ago, Alternity said:

The folder you are using is used for game ISOs, that is not where the PS3 reads DLCs.

`game` folder is where the PS3 reads DLCs but you used the `GAMES` folder which is used for game ISOs by various homebrew softwares.

Copied merged folders and songs.dta to “game” and preserved the folder structure, am I overlooking something else here because I’m still only getting only the base songs. The blus30643 folder didn’t exist in game so I had to create it.

https://imgur.com/ExCtPac

I don’t know how HEN works, since I use an actual jailbroken console, but normally you have to either download the RB2 Free Pack 01 or install its RAP file. I don’t know if HEN actually need the RAP file, but one thing for sure, using HEN won’t change where the DLCs are stored.

Also that is the path where the songs needs to go `/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR` while your path is `/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/PS3_GAME/USRDIR`. Your path is still wrong.

I don’t understand why that folder wouldn’t be there to be honest, that is also where the update for 1.05 is stored. Are you sure you are using the NTSC version of the game?

I was able to install the tubthumping DLC and get the songs showing up, I thought I had read that I could just create the folder structure

I now have all my new songs showing up, but they all say “unable to load song, skipping..” and boots me back to the library. I know I’ve seen a common errors explanation somewhere with this, but searching around now I’m finding little. Saw that they might need Type 2 encryption but have no clue what that means or how to accomplish it, if anyone could provide a link would be very appreciative.

I also think it might be noteworthy that it seems to be all 123 songs I added. When I went into a setlist that included all of them it threw that error repeatedly until I was back at the song list. Anythoughts

You can change the encryption type when you convert to PS3 from Xbox CON files with C3 CON Tools, one of the options in the drop down menus at the top of the window.

That error happens usually when the game can’t read the midi file, I think Type 3 uses some sort of general key so you might want to try that instead of Type 2. Also as far as I understand HEN must be enabled to use the custom songs.

Last reply didn’t update, trying above post now

Okay so it’s looking like I auto-fail the midi encryption instantly (except for the imposed wait on type 2) on every song without exception. I can find any other settings with con tools to tinker with so very confused as to why everything is failing

Did you try with Type 3 as I recommended?

59 minutes ago, Alternity said:

Did you try with Type 3 as I recommended?

Yes, all types of encryption fail immediately in con tools on all con files

Try with a brand new copy of C3 CON Tools, this should not happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,201 through 1,215 (of 1,262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button