[How-To] Playing Customs on PS3

Viewing 15 posts - 1,216 through 1,230 (of 1,262 total)
  • Author

I’ve gone back and tried con tools 4.0.0 and it’s still failing every midi encryption

Kevin_V26
    Participant

Hello,

Where can I find the updated method?

The link in the OP directs me to this thread.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the post in this thread.

16 hours ago, Shnbnto said:

I’ve gone back and tried con tools 4.0.0 and it’s still failing every midi encryption

I would suggest trying with a brand new windows install (i.e. a VM) because this is not normal.

T3HM3T4L
      Participant

Hi everyone, hoping to find a bit of help here because I have no idea what’s going on.

Had a bunch of custom songs, still have a bunch of custom songs. I tried cleaning up my song library a bit, everything custom works, all my RB1 imported tracks work but my RB2 import and certain DLC tracks (which I all bought legally in the past) suddenly stopped working. They all display fine but when I try to play them they give me the “Unable to load, skipping song” error.

I’ve tried restoring it to how I had it before but that didn’t help either. At first I thought it had to do with me screwing up the songs.dta somehow but that would make no sense. Maybe it had to do with me fiddling with the internet settings to get my FTP going through the ethernet cable? Trying to re-validate my licenses or something? I tried adding the songs the custom way, it recognizes it as a custom song but it still gives the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

T3HM3T4L
        Participant

Can’t seem to edit my post but after several hours of frustration, I got it to work again by logging into PSN and redownloading my RB2 Export Pack.
          All the other DLC that didn’t feel like working all of a sudden seemingly started working again too, so that’s great news!
          Seriously hope it never happens again. No idea if this would’ve been fixable without connecting to PSN.

I have a PS3 that can do both CFW and HEN. Which one should I go with?

Shroud
          Participant

CFW or HEN?

If all you want to do with it is play RB3 customs, I suggest using HEN because it’s easier. You can always change your mind later.

Anonymous

@TDCMark Please update the head post link, or migrate the details of that link to the head post.

THINGS HAVE CHANGED AND ARE BETTER! CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS:
              http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/10443-how-to-playing-customs-on-ps3/?p=1000049570

Anonymous
                This post is awaiting moderation.

No idea what I said there that needed to be checked out first, but okay.

joecuc
                Participant

Hello, I have a PS3 and 2 kids. They like LEGO Rock Band a lot but they don’t like the others versions of rock Band.
                  Do you know how we can play custom songs into this game?
                  I’ve read that I need the RB2 version of custom songs (I’ve converted with Onyx) and then I merged with C3CONTools whit a DLC of RB2.
                  I’ve read too that I must modify the rating to 1 for all songs in songs.dta

But I don’t know how put the songs in the LEGO Rock Band Game. There is not DLC for this game.
                  Help me please.

Shroud
                  Participant

Hello, I have a PS3 and 2 kids. They like LEGO Rock Band a lot but they don’t like the others versions of rock Band.
                    Do you know how we can play custom songs into this game?
                    I’ve read that I need the RB2 version of custom songs (I’ve converted with Onyx) and then I merged with C3CONTools whit a DLC of RB2.
                    I’ve read too that I must modify the rating to 1 for all songs in songs.dta

But I don’t know how put the songs in the LEGO Rock Band Game. There is not DLC for this game.
                    Help me please.

I haven’t heard anyone making customs work for LEGO Rock Band, but at least according to Wikipedia the game should support DLC, so it might be possible to find a way to have customs there. At least so far people have managed to get customs into Rock Band 2, The Beatles Rock Band and maybe also Rock Band 1.

joecuc
                    Participant

I’ve installed a DLC of songs for RB2 (BLUS30050) and i’ve copy the DLC folder with songs in the LEGO RB folder (BLUS30382) (and I’ve changed the rating to 1 in songs.dta).
                      It works in RB2 anf LRB! I can play the new songs in Lego Rock Band.

I’ve tried to insert more custom songs in the DLC but it doesn’t work. I do something bad.
                      In the menu (RB2 & LRB) I see the songs but when i want to play the song I see the message
                      “The song data you were accessing has become unavaliable, and the game cannot proccedd with it. Your game session has restarted”

I don’t know where I fail:
                      – convert rb3con->rb2con with onyx
                      – merge songs with C3CONTools (I’ve modify BIN\klic.txt and bin\raps\ntsc.rap with my DLC)

joecuc
                      Participant

Ok, I’ve see, the problem BLUS30050 is RB1

Jordan
                        Participant

Hey I’ve just discovered C3 & This forum, is there any chance of a step by step tutorial on converting Xbox360 RB3 titles to PS3 and installing them on my CFW PS3, I already have MM ETC, thanks in advance and I hope everyone is well 🙂

Pimp Hesus
                          Participant

I’m using rpcs3 and the 1st set of songs were working fine. However its the second set of songs that causes the game to freeze before loading the song list.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,216 through 1,230 (of 1,262 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button