[How-To] Playing Customs on PS3

Viewing 15 posts - 1,231 through 1,245 (of 1,262 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hey Everyone! The recent tutorial on exploiting the PS3 and getting custom songs installed can be found in this post:
      https://rhythmgamingworld.com/forums/topic/how-to-playing-customs-on-ps3/page/72/#post-505558

I do NOT have a PS3, but I noticed that this thread incorrectly uses the customscreators.com link in the head post. For anyone who wants to find this tutorial in the future, you can find this post on page 72 of this thread.

The head post still needs updating. Somebody please fix it!

Shroud
      Participant

Thank you HarvHouHacker!

I strongly suggest anyone using my instructions to first check what is the situation with HEN at psx-place.com because in the meantime the PS3 has received more firmware updates since I wrote those instructions for 4.84/4.85.

Deurces
        Participant

I tried to add a few songs to my PS3.

I added three Ariana Grande songs, a few Linkin Park songs and one Ariana Grande song always crashes at a certain point. This happens in both Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz. Furthermore, I encountered two LP songs that also crash. Do I just remove them or is there a way to fix this?

Ariana Grande song just stutters suddenly and I can pause and exit the song. The Linkin Park song just repeats a certain part in the song over and over and just makes the PS3 freeze. From the 13 songs I added two of them don’t work. I want to know if someone has experience with fixing this.

Shroud
          Participant

I tried to add a few songs to my PS3.

I added three Ariana Grande songs, a few Linkin Park songs and one Ariana Grande song always crashes at a certain point. This happens in both Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz. Furthermore, I encountered two LP songs that also crash. Do I just remove them or is there a way to fix this?

Ariana Grande song just stutters suddenly and I can pause and exit the song. The Linkin Park song just repeats a certain part in the song over and over and just makes the PS3 freeze. From the 13 songs I added two of them don’t work. I want to know if someone has experience with fixing this.

In my experience so far I have encountered about 3% of customs which go into a loop at the end, and less than 1% which crash the PS3.

Both problems have a known cause and possible solutions some of which require a small amount of work (a few minutes, once you’re familiar with the process). In the absolute worst case, you might have to accept losing the multitracks.

You can find more information in these threads:

[PS3] Customs not working due to multiple drums tracks

[PS3] Customs not working due to multiple drums tracks

boatvid
            Participant

Never mind I see what the advanced users section was meant for now. Can anyone download the free pack 01 and upload it? w3toys

boatvid
              Participant

It’s nice to see PS3 users getting customs but the process is just so risky and costly really vidmate

xoxidine
                Participant

I tried this again and it looks like I’m stuck at the same place.
                  Rock Band 3 gets stuck on “LOADING NEW DOWNLOADED CONTENT… 351/351 LOADED”

Shroud
                  Participant

I tried this again and it looks like I’m stuck at the same place.
                    Rock Band 3 gets stuck on “LOADING NEW DOWNLOADED CONTENT… 351/351 LOADED”

You must have an error in your songs.dta file.

How many custom songs did you add? If it’s not a huge number, we can check your songs.dta and figure it out.

Pspman
                    Participant

I’m receiving the unable to load song, skipping error for every custom I try to load. They show up and preview without issue. I used all 3 encryption types and nothing seems to resolve it. I also verified everything was NTSC. I’m completely stumped. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

WeApOn
                      Participant

Freshly-homebrew’d PS3, updated RB3 game, trying to copy my customs collection back over to RB3. Do I need to install the Free Pack in order for it to work?

I made the HMX0756/songs folder and copied some in with my songs.dta, but it’s freezing as soon as I load the “choose a song” screen.

Any other prerequisites I need to do before putting my collection back on?

Pspman
                        Participant

I’m in a similar situation as you. However my songs doesn’t freezes my ps3. I just get the unable to load song error. This is what I found directly from the help doc from the ps3 converter. Maybe it’ll help you? PS3 freezing in the song setlist when hovering over a song, seem to be caused by too many channels in the audio (mogg) file. This requires a bit of elbow grease on your part, as I can’t automate what needs to be done to fix it, but we have a solution! Follow the steps in the following post to fix this issue:
                          http://www.pksage.com/ccc/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1678&start=320#p25631
                          Sadly the link doesn’t work. If anyone has an updated link it might help

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Pspman.
                          • This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Pspman.
                          WeApOn
                          Participant

Thanks for that info. I think I’m just missing something. I’m coming from a previously working console and I’m just missing steps on how to initialize the RB3 setup in general. Trying to find out if I need that free song pack or something else in order for any of these to work. Or maybe my songs.dta are referring to some that I hadn’t yet copied over; so I’m pulling the entirety of my backup now.

For your issue, I feel like I’ve seen that before in the past. Can you confirm the song is in songs.dta?

WeApOn
                            Participant

I think I’m all set, may have just been that I didn’t copy the entirety of my library over, so songs.dta was likely referring to songs that weren’t there and crashing the game. After a full copy, it works fine. Gonna give a look through tomorrow to confirm everything runs like it used to. This process to recover was almost too easy. Time to make an image of the disk.

Pspman
                              Participant

Glad to hear that your issue was resolved. I checked the songs.dta file and everything looks good. I see the songs in game and when I hover over them it previews the track. I reconverted and removed all my songs, even tried a song that was verified to work on ps3 and still get the same error. I just can’t figure it out…

Shroud
                                Participant

“Unable to load song, skipping” almost certainly has something to do with the MIDI files. Either they are not found at the location indicated by the DTA file, or they are not encrypted correctly.

I would have thought that you just copied all files to the wrong folder, but you mentioned that you can hear the audio preview, right? If you can HEAR the songs while scrolling the list, then they are in the right location. If you on the other hand cannot HEAR them, you copied them to the wrong place. They should be under /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs/ if you have the NTSC version of the game, and under /dev_hdd0/game/BLES00986/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs/ for the PAL version. Note that it must be “songs”, NOT “song”, “SONG” or “SONGS”. And in case it’s not clear, under this target folder you shall copy the songs.dta file and the folders generated by the PS3 converter (don’t take the files out of their folders into the parent folder, and don’t rename the folders), basically everything you find under C3CONToolsv400\ps3\Merged Songs, after running the PS3 converter.

Always use Type 3 encryption, and make sure your PS3 is really NTSC (have you tried PAL?). Renaming files also causes them not to be found, but I don’t think you’ve done something like that (why would you?). The fact that ALL customs give you this error means they share the same reason however, so once you nail it they will all work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,231 through 1,245 (of 1,262 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button