[How-To] Playing Customs on PS3

Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 1,262 total)
  • Author
    Spike1958
    Participant

Thanks guys. Double check the songs.dta file, all looked good. Went into the PS3 file system and found I had named everything correctly, except the songs folder was SONGS, not songs. Renamed that and we were good to go.

Again many thanks to everyone who has made customs and the tools required.

Now to find the authoring tools and get to work on… Tubular Bells

there are two custom’s, that i believe, froze my ps3. fortunately, i could recognize them and separated it to make the test. and… i was right. the thing is i dont know exactly the one who is causing the system to freeze but the name of the two is “TDGTimeDying” and “TMSGiveMe_rb3con”.

Spike1958
      Participant

So everything is running great. Actually took a leap of faith that just having HFW on the PS3 would not cause any problems logging into PSN, and it did not. Redownloaded all my DLC and RB1,2,Lego,Green Day,AC/DC exports so everything is now like it was with the addition of all the customs. Now if I could figure out a way to transfer all my band data over.

Now this is probably the wrong thread to ask. But I noticed that when I loaded the customs, even though the song count was in the hundreds, because there was only the one song.dta file, RB3 took no time getting them loaded. After adding back in all the DLC and the exports, the load time and count has gone up. I guess this is because there are now loads of separate song folders and multiple song.dta files that the system now has to look at.

Is it possible to move all the song folders into the HMX0756 folder and combine all the song.dta files with the one created for the customs? This would have to be done by only copying the song.dta files over to a pc and using the CON Tools to merge them. I don’t want to have to copy all the song folders to a USB stick and then back again. Can CON Tools merge song.dat without having the actual folders containing the song data available?

Or is this much more trouble than it is worth. It’s not like it takes a long time for the loading to occuer.

thanks again

I’m having a hard time understanding where each file should be copied to – I have created the subdirectory /HMX0756/songs. I then went ahead and converted a song from Xbox to PS3 using the C3 conversation tool, which created a folder named “Nine Inch Nails – Somewhat Damaged”

Within the Nine Inch Nails – Somewhat Damaged folder are two items, a folder named “somewhatdamaged” and a file named “songs.dta”.

Do I just directly copy both somewhatdamaged and songs.dta into /HMX0756/songs? I did that and the songs didn’t show up in-game while reviewing the track list. I’m on the current version of Rock Band 3 too.

Not really. Every .mid.edat file is encrypted to be used in their specific HMX/UGC folder. If you try to load these files in any other folder they will not work. The process you’d have to go through to make that work is not worth it.

Spike1958
        Participant

Not really. Every .mid.edat file is encrypted to be used in their specific HMX/UGC folder. If you try to load these files in any other folder they will not work. The process you’d have to go through to make that work is not worth it.

Ahh, OK. Thanks for that information.

baconaneggs
          Participant

So everything is running great. Actually took a leap of faith that just having HFW on the PS3 would not cause any problems logging into PSN, and it did not. Redownloaded all my DLC and RB1,2,Lego,Green Day,AC/DC exports so everything is now like it was with the addition of all the customs. Now if I could figure out a way to transfer all my band data over.

Now this is probably the wrong thread to ask. But I noticed that when I loaded the customs, even though the song count was in the hundreds, because there was only the one song.dta file, RB3 took no time getting them loaded. After adding back in all the DLC and the exports, the load time and count has gone up. I guess this is because there are now loads of separate song folders and multiple song.dta files that the system now has to look at.

Is it possible to move all the song folders into the HMX0756 folder and combine all the song.dta files with the one created for the customs? This would have to be done by only copying the song.dta files over to a pc and using the CON Tools to merge them. I don’t want to have to copy all the song folders to a USB stick and then back again. Can CON Tools merge song.dat without having the actual folders containing the song data available?

Or is this much more trouble than it is worth. It’s not like it takes a long time for the loading to occuer.

thanks again

I actually am interested in how you were able to redownload your DLC and exports. I have no issue installing using the c3 tools and importing customs but after I redownloaded my purchased DLC from the store, I was not able to find them in my song list. Any troubleshooting ideas? I am assuming that the game is not reading the .dta files from the redownloaded official dlc. Does that make sense?

Any help would be appreciated.

MasonPox
            Participant

I actually am interested in how you were able to redownload your DLC and exports. I have no issue installing using the c3 tools and importing customs but after I redownloaded my purchased DLC from the store, I was not able to find them in my song list. Any troubleshooting ideas? I am assuming that the game is not reading the .dta files from the redownloaded official dlc. Does that make sense?

Any help would be appreciated.

DLC packages are on separate folders in console files and have separate .dta files. Check your files list in console. Customs are in “/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs/ but dlc songs are in “/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMXxxx (where HMX folders are dlc’s.songs. Maybe try to download the dlc first and then, when you see they are there, try adding customs

DLC can also be in /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs/.

Don’t forget that this folder is the home for Rock Band 2 Free Pack 01. So if you redownload that pack, you will overwrite your custom song’s dta entries.

Shroud
              Participant

I have updated the instructions at thread post http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/10443-how-to-playing-customs-on-ps3/?p=1000049570 to the latest version of HEN 3.0.0.

baconaneggs
                Participant

DLC packages are on separate folders in console files and have separate .dta files. Check your files list in console. Customs are in “/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs/ but dlc songs are in “/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMXxxx (where HMX folders are dlc’s.songs. Maybe try to download the dlc first and then, when you see they are there, try adding customs

I will look at folder structure when I get back to my PS3. If I do find the downloaded content and the seperate .dta files are in there, I am assuming that the game is not reading them? Would it be possible to utilize any of the C3 tools to update the custom .dta file to include the .dta information in the DLC folders? If not, would it be as simple as copying the .dta information in notepad and pasting it in the existing custom one? My next troubleshooting tip was to try to reinstall all of the customs after the DLC but didnt know if there is an easier way to add the DLC.

Thanks!

When you download DLCs they should show up, there is zero reasons why they wouldn’t.

The game will read DTA files from any valid DLC folder, even if you didn’t buy them and don’t have the rap file, the game will see them. Them getting to load is another story, but anything in a dta file that is correctly placed will show up in the song list no matter what so I’m really not sure what your issue is. Are you sure you’re downloading from the store or are you trying to pirate DLCs using another method?

Another thing to take into account here: NTSC and PAL folders are separate. If you load the NTSC version of the game it will only read the NTSC folders.

baconaneggs
                  Participant

When you download DLCs they should show up, there is zero reasons why they wouldn’t.

The game will read DTA files from any valid DLC folder, even if you didn’t buy them and don’t have the rap file, the game will see them. Them getting to load is another story, but anything in a dta file that is correctly placed will show up in the song list no matter what so I’m really not sure what your issue is. Are you sure you’re downloading from the store or are you trying to pirate DLCs using another method?

Another thing to take into account here: NTSC and PAL folders are separate. If you load the NTSC version of the game it will only read the NTSC folders.

I am talking about DLC that I got from the PSN store that I had already loaded into my RB2 and RB4 games. Specifically the Who track pack, Boston track pack, etc. I will double check the folder structure and try to redownload them. Thanks.

If you really downloaded them from the store and the account you used to download them is unlocked on this PS3 (make sure it is via the account control options, one account can only have 2 PS3s unlocked for it) the only thing I can think of is that you’re downloading wrong region DLCs or you have wrong region disc.

baconaneggs
                    Participant

If you really downloaded them from the store and the account you used to download them is unlocked on this PS3 (make sure it is via the account control options, one account can only have 2 PS3s unlocked for it) the only thing I can think of is that you’re downloading wrong region DLCs or you have wrong region disc.

– gosh this was it. I had them locked to another account, I fixed that and they showed up. Interestingly enough there we also a few that were in Package Manager under Playstation Network Content. I must have mistakenly HEN on or something. Sometimes the answers are right there in front of you. Appreciate the help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 1,262 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button