[How-To] Playing Customs on 360

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 178 total)
  • Author

Hey so I downloaded the title update #4 and my customs work excellent. However, I deleted the Title Update 5 and was wondering, how do you obtain title update 5 without losing your customs? Do I need to get another flash drive and put title update 5 on it?

FujiSkunk
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s the easiest way. Also make sure not to use a “Live” account when playing with TU4, otherwise it will keep bugging you to download TU5.

i can’t even run the downloaded song… it’s getting saved to my flash drive as a saved game instead of a downloaded song

i can’t even run the downloaded song… it’s getting saved to my flash drive as a saved game instead of a downloaded song

That’s how it’s supposed to be.

That’s how it’s supposed to be.

well then how am i supposed to play it? The game keeps crashing when i load the song…

well then how am i supposed to play it? The game keeps crashing when i load the song…

Are you running Title Update 4? Customs don’t work with Title Update 5, unless your console is modded.

If it still won’t work, there’s something wrong with the custom you’re using. You could use C3 CON Tools’ Quick DTA Editor and see if anything looks wrong.

Are you running Title Update 4? Customs don’t work with Title Update 5, unless your console is modded.

If it still won’t work, there’s something wrong with the custom you’re using. You could use C3 CON Tools’ Quick DTA Editor and see if anything looks wrong.

I know for a fact I don’t have Title Update 5, and i dont know what would look wrong in the DTA Editor, because this is my first custom i tried playing… I followed this tutorial’s instructions to the T and i still didnt get it working

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

Title Update 5 will error out when you try to start a custom, but (normally) it won’t crash outright.

When exactly is the game crashing? Is it at the beginning when the cache is being loaded and updated, is it when you highlight the song in the song menu, or is it after you’ve selected the song and are about to play? Also, what custom are you trying to load? Are you having the same problem with other customs?

I love your customs, the While My Guitar Gentely Weeps on Ukelele was amazing.

I wanted to ask if there was any chance you could post the files in a regular zip format, so that they could be used on Clone Hero. The only place I’ve found them, they are in Xbox 360 CON format, and that is just about impossible to extract.

Thanks for making great customs :-)

TrojanNemo
        Participant

You are absolutely wrong. Use Phase Shift Converter in C3 CON Tools. That will make the CON files into Clone Hero playable files in seconds, all automated.

I was approaching it from the wrong angle — I was looking to find something to extract data from the Xbox 360 con files. In the course of that, I did come across the source for C3 CON tools and I’m going to see if I can get that to build for my sons Mac so that he can start discovering new songs.

I think it might be a better solution to simply use Wine (if it works fine?). The public source does not deal with encrypted songs so these will be able to be converted using the public source.

Well, if I wanted the easy way, I could just start a VM ;-).

But I’m not going to manage this process forever. It is my young, someone less technical son, who is interested in playing Clone Hero, so I need a least complicated solution. If I showed the kid a bash shell he would need to run to a safe space.

Still, I’ll look at Wine as an option as well, it’s been a few years since I’ve used it and it might have gotten better and/or simpler.

TrojanNemo
          Participant

You definitely want to run the official release version. That is the only version that will be able to process encrypted files, which most C3 customs are. If you compile the source code I released it will not be able to process encrypted files as that was stripped out.

Unfortunately I can’t even promise that it will work on Wine. It was created and tested only on Windows and some things might break in any other environment.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

Vinny Reed
            Participant

I’m curious about storing customs

Can you dump customs onto the Xbox and save them there or does the drive need to be in the Xbox? (not intending to use TU5 for online usage)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 178 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button