[How-To] Playing Customs on 360

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    FujiSkunk
    Keymaster

Not entirely sure I understand your question, but if you’re asking whether customs can be stored in an XBox hard drive or in the internal storage of an XBox 360 Arcade model, the answer is yes. Customs can be stored anywhere official DLC can. USB sticks are easier since they can be formatted with FAT32 and therefore don’t need anything special beyond C3 CON Tools to copy customs onto them.

Vinny Reed
      Participant

Yeah that’s what i was talking about thanks for the info

Hey everyone,

I’m not super technical but I’ve been looking everywhere ( i think) for a link to download a new version of C3ConTools. I had it installed on my old PC but the CPU on it bit the dust and anyway have a new computer now and I wanna redownload it. Anyone wanna help? sorry for the noob question. I just need the program I have the title update, og flash drive all that.

TrojanNemo
        Participant

Four posts above yours is my post. With my signature. With a link to download C3 CON Tools. So, you’ve been looking everywhere???

I am so sorry for resurrecting this dinosaur thread! Does this process still work? I am trying to install and use c3 con tool for custom songs but I cant even get the rb to usb option to show anywhere. Ive looked at several forums and videos but I have had no luck. I recently downloaded a few hundred songs onto c3 (using RAR). Again I apologize for this but any help with this frustration would be most appreciated!!

FujiSkunk
          Keymaster

The RB2USB option is typically in the upper left corner of the C3 CON Tools’ main window, unless you’ve customized the program to show it elsewhere. If you do not see it there, let us know exactly how you installed and run C3 CON Tools, and maybe someone can help figure out what’s going wrong.

I installed C3 CON tools from the link on this forum provided by TrojanNemo. I also installed RAR from the provided link. I believe the C3 is running from RAR because it will not open at all unless that program is active. I have seen the page on this forum with the rb to usb and other option boxes. That is the whole issue i’m having, I can never get to that page at all. It just takes me to a file location with setlist and other download options and that is it. I can try to post an image of what i’m seeing if that helps… It just seems like the initial C3 Tools page that is supposed to open automatically never does.

You need to extract the files from the rar files, and then run C3 CON Tools outside of the rar file.

Excuse my ignorance but that is the part I have no idea how to do. How do I properly extract them, what do I extract them to? How do I run C3 separately? I cant get it to open or do anything at all outside of the rar menu..

TrojanNemo
            Participant

Use WinRAR, 7zip, Winzip etc. Extract files. Double click on c3tools.exe or whatever i called the executable. It will be a .exe file and it will have a C3 icon. This only works on Windows. If nothing happens make sure your antivirus isn’t deleting my program because it thinks its a virus. If it runs then you’ll have the many options to click on for whatever you want to do. Problems once the program starts are program problems. Problems before it starts are your computer problems and not something we can help much with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think i’ve got it figured out now. Thanks For the responses guys!! :rock:

pumpkinpie
              Participant

hey all – I am contemplating buying a JTAG’d xbox – is there any benefit to having one for customs over a regular 360 other than not requiring the disk everytime you want to play ?

are you able to increase the song limit ?

I don’t think there is. As far as I know the only platform where you can break the song limit is Wii/Dolphin.

Though a JTAG’d console has some benefits: You will most likely be able to use FTP to transfer files, as opposed to always unplug and re-plug a USB drive. You will be able to play custom songs on Rock Band Blitz. I’m not sure if there’s other benefits on xbox.

Hamiltron
                Participant

Hey, is it possible to just load other songs on a separate flash drive and use both flash drives full of custom content at once?

Hamiltron
                  Participant

Hey, is it possible to just load other songs on a separate flash drive and use both flash drives full of custom content at once?

Never mind I’m stupid, just moved it all to my hard drive.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 178 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button