December 31, 2014 – Groove into 2015 with more New Year's Eve dance hits!
Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander.
Extra bonus note: Wordpress is currently having SSL issues with Dailymotion embeds. If the video below shows as an empty space, click the shield icon (or similar, depending on browser) near your address bar and choose to allow this type of content.
C3 releases for December 31, 2014:
New! New Year’s Eve Dance Party C02 5-pack
- Ace of Base – “All That She Wants” (farottone)
- Dead or Alive – “You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)” 2x (farottone)
- Fischerspooner – “Just Let Go” X (Nyxyxylyth)
- Michael Jackson – “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” (farottone)
- Michael Sembello – “Maniac” (Nightmare Lyra)
New! Scratch21 – Scratch21 (Arcanon)
- “Sorry Jack” M
- “The Rhyme” X M
- “Butterflies” M
- “Untitled” M
- “Strangers (ft. EileMonty)” M
- “Untitled/Strangers” M
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charts, a blue M denotes full multitracks, a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals), and a rusty 2x denotes that a 2x Bass Pedal version is also available. FtV denotes a song previously released by a C3 author outside of C3.
What’s your favorite kind of New Year’s Eve party? Is it one where you do a little dance, or make a little love? Do you tell the DJ to play your favorite tune, and you know it’s okay? Or is it SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHSDJHWKEJWsdfdfsd? Whatever your party, we hope you’ll find time for a little Rock Band, with five more dance hits to build on last year’s hot pack. And if you’re still running high on energy from those, try some pop-punk hits from Scratch21, previously of RBN vocals fame!
It’s been a wonderful year, and we look forward to seeing all of your bright, smiling faces (that only sometimes post horrible vitriolic things on our forums) in 2015. It’s your downloads that keep us going — thanks for a great 2014!
Authors’ comments for this week’s songs:
- “All That She Wants” – farottone writes, “A classic from the 90s, this reggae fueled pop hit is definitely fun to sing!”
- “You Spin Me Round” – farottone writes, “One of the most iconic songs of the 80s has very entertaining bass and pro keys charts, and obviously is made for party singing.”
- “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” – farottone writes, “The dance hit from Off The Wall will pose a challenge to singers while keeping it doable on all other instruments.”
- “Maniac” – NL writes, “An 80’s classic that should go perfect for parties, as well as sporting great Keys, Vocals and a face melting Guitar solo.”
- Scratch21 EP – Arcanon writes, “Scratch21 is the new pop punk project from Blake Swift (ShadyVox) and is one of the most diverse EPs of its kind, evoking a late 90s pop punk feel reminiscent of Blink-182 and similar bands.I’ve been working with Blake since the RBN days, and he’s a big supporter of the customs scene. We were originally going to release “Sorry Jack” on RBN, but when that didn’t work, I approached him to clear a C3 release. Not only was he on board with that, but he gave me full multitracks to the entirety of the EP, sometimes as soon as a song was fully recorded! He even provided instructional videos on how to play “The Rhyme” so we could offer you Pro Guitar and Bass charts on that song!
This is a project that has been in the works for months, and we tried to time this as close as possible to the actual release of the EP, which was December 23, 2014. If you would like to support Blake and his project, the album’s out on Bandcamp and many other digital music stores now! Also make sure to check out “Wha-Chow Theme” on the RBN store and “I’ll Drink to That” in the C3 database, both featuring Blake’s (credited as ShadyVox) vocals!
I hope you all enjoy this release. Please make sure to send your thanks to Blake for allowing this to be a thing (and for making the music!), and also send thanks to PikminGuts92 for authoring “The Rhyme” on Pro Guitar and Bass!
Happy New Year!”
- “Sorry Jack” – Arcanon writes, “The first single and most well-known song from the EP about a loser who just can’t win at love. It missed out on the RBN boat, but you now get it here on C3!”
- “The Rhyme” – Arcanon writes, “This is a very personal song that anyone who’s ever been bullied can relate to. Features a spoken word section written and performed by Shane Koyczan.”
- “Butterflies” – Arcanon writes, “A very fast, very pop punk, very Blink-like track that will give drummers and vocalists a hell of a time.”
- “Untitled” – Arcanon writes, “This song needs no title. Its rebellious lyrics, powerful guitar, active bass and intense drums are enough to get the point across.”
- “Strangers” – Arcanon writes, “An amazing duet featuring the talented voice actress and singer Eileen Montgomery, this is a great choice to sing with the significant other and an excellent closer to the EP.”
See you next year (and next Friday!)
New! New Year’s Eve Dance Party C02 5-pack
Download 2x Bass Pedal version
Additional authoring credits: Pro G/B by columbo777
New! Scratch21 – Scratch21
Download full album as one CON package
Additional authoring credits: Pro G/B by PikminGuts92
As always thanks soo much! What a great list Michael Jackson, Ace of Base, Flashdance, Dead or Alive….all brilliant (not sure on the Scratch21 thing but it’s someones hard work charting so well done) our band ‘RockyRambos’ is going to love em 😀 #HappyNewYear
I swear farottone must spend a lot of time in Starbucks. Every time I see a song on here that plays at work it’s authored by him.
Thanks again for a great week, team. You’re doing great work.
Woo, awesome work as usual guys! Happy New Year and thanks for all the awesome songs! 🙂
Thanks for the Dance Party pack, some real gems in the there. Avoided the Scratch21 pack though, my ears were bleeding lol. I appreciate your hard work though, keep it up!
AWESOME Farottne !! 80’s tracks Please keep’em coming your are the best 🙂