RB4 online multiplayer not confirmed…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    TrojanNemo
    Participant

Is it going to support online play at all? In case you can’t get your mates over or you have some awful disease or something.

We’re still working through those details, but that sort of asynchronous multiplayer set-up is very compelling, and we know that people do want it, but it’s very expensive. We’re weighing that feature up against some of the other stuff that we’re doing.

http://www.vice.com/read/rock-band-4-pr … encore-822

Wat.

Ultimate_MANG0
      Participant

I just. What? That’s quite a big feature they’re thinking of leaving out. I didn’t play much online but can’t think it being gone completely

Kemiroch
        Participant

As someone who has never played, nor wanted to play, online Rock Band, I still see this is a strange and potentially disastrous omission. Kids these days, they want their onlinez and their smart phonez and their z’z everywherez.

Even as a “kid” who was 16 when the first rockband game released, i played it once online, after playing Coming Home for 3 of the 4 songs played, I never went back to online again.

If head to head was introduced, that’d probably change though. I probably sank 60 hours into GH3 online.

mrmet2087
          Participant

The “expensive” part are the servers and structure is assume. Pitfalls of being a self published game I suppose.

I can’t imagine they’d leave that out… it’s like the core feature of the series

raynebc
            Participant

You can stop cutting major features of the game any time now, Harmonix.

TrojanNemo
              Participant

Well, give them a chance to announce that future DLC won’t have stems.

Farottone
                Keymaster

Well, give them a chance to announce future DLC.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

samjjones
                  Participant

*We* all know that RB is a great party game, but can you really sustain a franchise on the party aspect? Now that I’m in my 40s…it’s a heckuva lot harder to get people my age together to play drunk RB. Do kids even want to play console games when they get together anymore? I thought it was all mobile phones and no consequences sex nowadays.

If they are punting on online play, it sounds like they are banking on RPG elements and “party play” to drive this thing forward. I just don’t know…

Nyxyxylyth
                    Participant

Online is the only reason I’d buy it.

Harmonix obviously has WAY less money right now then what they had making RB2 and RB3. I’ll be surprised if it ships without online play, but subsequently, I won’t be surprised at all if they patch it in later.

doesn’t surprise me. It seems to me the game was developed on a shoe string budget compared to previous rock band games.

Kemiroch
                      Participant
                        doesn’t surprise me. It seems to me the game was developed on a shoe string budget compared to previous rock band games.

Yeah, I think we just don’t see that as fans. I think HMX is really banking on the income from initial sales and DLC to fund future additions to the game, but if they’re not careful they will omit some feature that will hinder sales more than they realize. Online multiplayer might be that feature. Not for me, but perhaps someone else.

i love playing online so i would be bummed if we don’t see it included.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button