Please Help – just got dups for all songs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    And one more question on profiles ;-)

Right now my customs USB (w/TU4) has a (new offline) xbox profile. Can I move it back to the hard drive?

I am concerned that something will corrupt the USB as I will be updating with new songs every friday :excited:

You can, but having a USB stick for all things customs makes it easier.

Or you can back it up using one of those “personal computer” gizmos I’ve been reading about in Popular Science.

OFTEN.

Thanks, my thought is that using the USB explorers is “risky”, so don’t risk the profile. In XBox, you can only MOVE profiles. I have not tried to move a profile with a USB explorer as there look to be many files/folders necessary…

I did have a backup of my saved game, but since the profile was corrupted with a USB explorer, I couldn’t recover the saved game (at least that is what I think after much trials…)

thx!!!

Sorry to keep this thread going-and-going…but I am going to practice the backup/restore process tonight. I have see lots of posts that say to backup, but none that exactly describe the process…

Do you mind mentioning what you backup and how?

I assume I should backup “songs.cache” in the “Rock Band 3” -> “00000001 Saved Game” directory.

Also guessing that I should backup “band3” in the XBox Profile “45410914 Rock Band 3” -> “00000001 Saved Game” directory.

Is this what you do to backup?

And then restore is the opposite? (Assuming that the profile is working…)

thx again for being patient and answering so many questions!

Nyxyxylyth
    Participant
      Sorry to keep this thread going-and-going…but I am going to practice the backup/restore process tonight. I have see lots of posts that say to backup, but none that exactly describe the process…

Do you mind mentioning what you backup and how?

I assume I should backup “songs.cache” in the “Rock Band 3” -> “00000001 Saved Game” directory.

Also guessing that I should backup “band3” in the XBox Profile “45410914 Rock Band 3” -> “00000001 Saved Game” directory.

Is this what you do to backup?

And then restore is the opposite? (Assuming that the profile is working…)

thx again for being patient and answering so many questions!

Been a while since I bothered, but that sounds right.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button