One year of C3: the celebration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    That is a horrible, horrible, horrible idea. The likelihood that you will isolate harmonies out of a full mix cleanly is abismal. And the likely result is that the CD mix and the Jammit mix will be of different lengths, tempo, or composition, as it tends to be.

The best option (and if it were up to me, only – but don’t worry, I don’t make decisions anymore), is to chart only what is in the audio you’re working with. If this version of the song has no harmonies, then chart without harmonies.

There’s no point in doing the song without the harmonies (it would be like a song with no chorus). I still have hope though. I just opened the song up in Jammit again and listened to the “Band” stem that’s included on every track and that has the harmony parts included (also what sounds like some maracas). There’s gotta be a way to isolate those parts and they would be in sync with the rest of the stems.

TrojanNemo
    Participant

If they’re in the backing track, the instructions you’ll get from farottone will tell you how to isolate that very cleanly. There may be hope for it yet then.

If they’re in the backing track, the instructions you’ll get from farottone will tell you how to isolate that very cleanly. There may be hope for it yet then.

You guys rock! Jammit does as well. These stems sound amazing and I can’t wait to chart using them. I think it may spoil me though not having to struggle to hear parts buried deep in the mix. Also, the sheet music that’s included with the stems may come in very handy.

Gigakoops
      Participant

Since we have no songs outside of the mainstream (or at least really popular with Rock Band fans, such as Dream Theater), I will submit the first song to step into the “RBN Material” mold for the multitrack pack:

OH. MY. GOD.

Jammit is amazing. I’ve always wanted to see some of these songs in RB, namely:

Volcano Girls – Veruca Salt

Crystallized – The XX

Sometime Around Midnight – The Airbourne Toxic Event

Fly From The Inside – Shinedown

You Think I Ain’t Worth A Dollar – QOTSA (I know there’s a custom out there, but this could have multis!)

Too Young To Fall In Love – Motley Crue

Walk With Me In Hell – Lamb Of God

Redneck – Lamb Of God

God Of Thunder – Kiss

La La Land – Demi Lovato :excited:

Bad Day – Daniel Powter (Acapella is better than nothing)

Hate Me – Blue October

Call To Arms – Angels & Airwaves

I know also that Angel Of Death – Slayer was supposed to be on Guitar Hero Metallica but was pulled due to lyrical content, it would probably be a HUGE chore to chart but would be interesting to have.

On the topic of that covers pack, I don’t know if any of you are familiar with the mostly disgusting “Punk Goes Pop” series, but one of their more recent releases had some genuinely good covers, specifically these:

Even though two of these song’s original versions were released by Harmonix, I still think the covers are great!

Not to be rude, but you really should check that “earmarked songs” thread, also the playtesting forum and scheduler if you are allowed in there, before planing on doing songs that might already be in the works. Then again Angel of Death seems to be more or less abandoned by the author, so…

Holy shit, how did I not see that Sometime Around Midnight was on there? That is one of my all-time favourite songs. Sadly it looks like the string parts aren’t available, but still – if no one gets to that before I’m done with my current queue, then I’m definitely charting that.

Farottone
        Keymaster
          Holy shit, how did I not see that Sometime Around Midnight was on there? That is one of my all-time favourite songs. Sadly it looks like the string parts aren’t available, but still – if no one gets to that before I’m done with my current queue, then I’m definitely charting that.

If the strings are in the song, they are probably in the backing track that you can create by subtraction.

Nyxyxylyth
          Participant

I just realized Radiohead – Reckoner was scrapped, because I was doing vocals, and Drihscol was handling the rest. Since he’s wandered off, I’ll finish that up instead of Tears For Fears – Pale Shelter.

Probably a good thing, because Pale Shelter stems needed a lot of work to make it sound like the album mix.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button