music game i’m working on for mac – Noice

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    moc_os
    Participant

thank you TrojanNemo. Means a lot coming from you.

SanicStudios
      Participant

The only criticism I have with your highway is that the cymbal icons are fairly slanted which could make it difficult to accurately predict when they’re going to hit the strike line. Other than that, amazing work!

moc_os
        Participant

The only criticism I have with your highway is that the cymbal icons are fairly slanted which could make it difficult to accurately predict when they’re going to hit the strike line. Other than that, amazing work!

thanks. yeah, i got that comment before. i’ve decided to not revisit gem designs till i get all the other stuff worked out. so far for me, the yellow cymbal is the only problem because i can’t tell it apart from the tom when it goes white.

Anonymous

wow a very legit game :o

moc_os
            Participant

thank you caserol23. i really appreciate it. it’s encouraging.

i haven’t touched it in a while again. having issues with distribution. my mac certificate keeps getting revoked. i think i have it figured out but it takes days/weeks to know if i have it working right.

so last thing i did is i added Random Song play. That’s usually how i like to play or else i end up playing the same songs over and over.

moc_os
              Participant

new minor updates for the instrument select screen. last week i added a new octopus to show instrument changes and it looks like this

instrment selection v1

and last week i updated the animations to this. both styles can be swapped with different models and amounts of tentacles.

instrument select screen v2

i also made an overview video of the latest changes for the menu select screens

moc_os
                Participant

more tentacle animations. this is for the highway background and just a placeholder again. i reused the same tentacles from the menu screen, but this time animated them with bones – it is something i was having issues with in scenekit because most things are done in code and don’t have a visual editor. like you can make ik constraints, but not in the editor and you can’t import skeletons with constraints either.

so this is just a quick test to blockout the composition and i also have to consider how it works with the perspective of the hwy camera and UI elements.

pentapus animation

moc_os
                  Participant

a little more progress. this is everything put together. now i need to work on the final models and animations.

background animation

moc_os
                    Participant

more animation tests. the amount of ways this can go is making it hard to nail down. but it’s also possible to allow the background animation to be custom themes people make on their own or download

animation test

moc_os
                      Participant

some material directions for the tentacles. I’m leaning towards the stamped metal. The final product will be more custom and there needs to be some lighting element.

pentapus materials

moc_os
                        Participant

i don’t think anyone is paying attention but i’ll just keep posting progress. i finished the design for the bottoms of the tentacles. this is just the normal map applied. color and roughness will help the design pop. not sure if i’m doing color as a texture yet because i want to be able to animate it. the top of the arms will be more sculpted.

metal stamp texture

moc_os
                          Participant

while my previous post is still waiting for moderation (i forgot what it even said) i’d like to say i posted a new update (0.4) with a few fixes to manu inconsistencies and updated animations on the background. hopefully this post doesn’t stay “awaiting moderation” forever.

moc_os
                            Participant

here is an update for the top of the tentacles. i still have plans for a flatter pattern to go in the flatter parts of the design, but that has to be designed still

moc_os
                              Participant

it’s been a while but i’m slowly workin up new updates.

Today i added ogg file support. i ended up using the FFmpeg library which is way overkill for my purpose and it did bloat my app bundle a bit.

I’ve also added Discord Rich Presence support. it displays browsing status, song being played, instrument and diffulty and when the song ends, how much stars you got

still working on art for the stars. the startup image changes randomly every time you start the game

i haven’t made an icon for FCs yet. i worked on some, but didn’t land on anything. instead for now FCs for expert makes the record in the selection menu gold and silver for the other difficulties.

i fixed a bunch of bugs but created new ones with the ogg support.

FujiSkunk
                                Keymaster

Nice work (and no pun intended)!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button