Kamotch’s Indie Rock (And Other Genres, Too) WIPs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Kamotch
    Participant

0nKMbQj.jpg

Released! And now that I have 5 songs added to the database, I think I’ll make a separate topic in the Custom Song Discussion section of the forums. I’ll split the discussions of my future songs (here in this topic) with the ones I’ve already released (the new topic).

Update(9/30): Just released “Brave As a Noun” by Andrew Jackson Jihad. I was working on “Hate My Way” by Throwing Muses for a decent portion of the week but kept getting stuck on the guitar chart. The only resources available online are a fairly half-assed guitar tab. If I knew the chords I could probably whip something up more efficiently. I may just bullshit it a bit to get it out sooner, but it’s tough. There’s like 3 guitars layered on top of each other and without stems I don’t know which guitar is playing which notes. After I get over that hurdle, I can probably finish it pretty quickly. I was also working on another song that I couldn’t finish this week, but that’s a song for a later release. Gonna put off timing out the vocals on that one just because it’s such an ominous task, but everything else is charted and reductions are completed.

Edit(10/2): Working on Bomb the Music Industry! – Everybody That Loves You. Should be out within the next couple days.

Seil
      Participant

@DemonUnicorns, : I’m sorry, I never knew you guys wanted to do Hum – Stars for so long! I originally got the idea to do it from this post (I see your reply on there too, Froogzer). I actually finished it full band, LONG before I made my WIP thread and started releasing customs, so I just made it for myself to play… By the time I made my WIP thread I had lost the custom and the Reaper project, so I just started recharting it but kinda forgot about it cuz I didn’t realize how much people like you guys wanted this song… I would’ve totally been cool with either of you taking over if you PMed me about it or something. Please forgive me :doh:

Holy crap, you’re charting Built to Spill? You’re a god.

Kamotch
        Participant

Hey since Gravity Rides Everything was just released by another author despite it being in my WIPs since the beginning, I figured I’d bump this topic to let people know the WIPs are still active. I still chart regularly and have even put out a few releases recently. Despite not commenting with updates for a while in this topic, just know I make a consistent effort to stay on top of editing the original post to reflect my current charting statuses for all of my WIPs. I just updated the OP to better emphasize my policies for my To-Do/Wish List.

Also might as well tell you guys what I’ve added to my WIPs since I last posted here:

Built to Spill – Car

Built to Spill – Carry the Zero

Chvrches – Empty Threat

Chvrches – The Mother We Share

Daft Punk – Contact

Dinosaur Jr. – They Always Come

Jeff Rosenstock – …While You’re Alive / Perfect Sound Whatever

Jeff Rosenstock – X-mas Card (MU330 Cover)

Jimmy Eat World – Believe in What You Want

Laura Stevenson – Torch Song

Lemuria – Chihuly

Lemuria – Oahu, Hawaii

Mitski – Francis Forever

Modest Mouse – Shit Luck

ROAR – I Can’t Handle Change

Shinobu – Shoot the Sky Down

Superchunk – Learned to Surf

The Brave Little Abacus – 45 Minutes from “Somewhere Out There”

The Cribs – Glitters Like Gold

The Thermals – A Pillar of Salt

They Might Be Giants – Don’t Let’s Start

All are at various stages of completion. Check out the OP for specifics. If you would like to contribute vocal charts for any of the songs listed here and/or in the OP, please PM me about it!

beard216
          Participant

Hey since Gravity Rides Everything was just released by another author despite it being in my WIPs since the beginning, I figured I’d bump this topic to let people know the WIPs are still active. I still chart regularly and have even put out a few releases recently. Despite not commenting with updates for a while in this topic, just know I make a consistent effort to stay on top of editing the original post to reflect my current charting statuses for all of my WIPs. I just updated the OP to better emphasize my policies for my To-Do/Wish List.

I’m really sorry. The other 2 MM tracks I have aren’t on your list. I’d rather remove what I posted last night, in lieu of yours. I literally did not see “Gravity Rides Everything” in your WIP.

Dangus
            Participant

Love The Mother We Share! So excited for that custom! :rock:

Kamotch
              Participant

So I’ve been working on this and that here and there, updating the OP whenever I can. I’ve added two songs to my WIP:

Modern Baseball – Re-Do [GBDV]

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists – Under the Hedge [GBDV]

As you can see, I’ve already completed most of both of these songs, bass charts usually don’t take me long to do. If anyone is familiar with either of these songs and wants to jump in for vocal duties, let me know! The vocal charts are mostly done anyway.

And these songs are remain in the same category of “Nearly-finished”, so the request applies to these as well:

Jeff Rosenstock – I’m Serious I’m Sorry [GBDV]

Laura Stevenson – Torch Song [GBDV]

Pavement – Elevate Me Later [GBDV]

Superchunk – Detroit Has a Skyline [GBDV]

The Cribs – Glitters Like Gold [GBDV]

The Strokes – Razorblade [GBDV]

The Thermals – A Pillar of Salt [GBDV]

Throwing Muses – Hate My Way [GBDV]

P.S. There’s a song on my WIP list that is nearly done, so expect it sometime in the next week or so!

Andrew etg
                Participant

Are you working on Glamourous Indie Rock and Roll of Hot fuss or Sawdust? Because I working in the original Glamourous Indie Rock and Roll of Sawdust.

So… I have Midi files of the song of The Killers that you working, If you need that I can bring the Midi files

A simple charter whit spectacular customs

Kamotch
                  Participant

I was actually going to do the Hot Fuss version which is the original recording of the song; it was re-recorded for Sawdust. If you want to do the Sawdust version, it won’t technically conflict with mine (though I don’t know how many people would want to download the same song twice). But nevertheless I still intend to eventually chart the song myself. Maybe when the time comes, I can get some resources from your version?

Andrew etg
                    Participant

Yes, you can use it if you need

Andrew etg
                      Participant

I have a Midi file of Tranquilize and Under The Gun, If you need that i will give the midi files

Damn, you were already my favorite charter, doubly-so after that huge Rosenstock drop!

Kamotch
                        Participant

Thanks it means a lot! Handfulls of people have downloaded most of the songs in the pack, but I don’t know how many people were already fans or if they just gave it a shot. Regardless I mostly chart for myself, so any lack of interest in one of my releases doesn’t bother me much. But It’s nice to hear other people being excited about my efforts!

Sr.Moog
                          Participant

I’d be happy to collaborate with The Smiths songs and The Zephyr Song”.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button