Kamotch’s Indie Rock (And Other Genres, Too) WIPs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Kamotch
    Participant

Thanks, Han. Since we have similar tastes, maybe we can collaborate at some point as well!

Edit: And Froogzer, like I told DemonUnicorns, I got portions of the song ready if you want in on it as well.

DemonUnicorns
      Participant

Well I’ll just say it then because I agree with everything Froogzer just said, I will have Stars by Hum out by this time next week.

Kamotch
        Participant

Sweet lemme know if you want what I’ve got so far as a starting point.

DemonUnicorns
          Participant

Sweet lemme know if you want what I’ve got so far as a starting point.

That’s alright I prefer to just start from the beginning.

Kamotch
            Participant

Ouch. Well I guess some folks just prefer to work alone. Good luck, then! I look forward to it!

BornGamerRob
              Participant

I’d hate to stir the pot or cause tension or anything but I’ve wanted to do Hum – Stars for the absolute longest time. In fact, I said I’d do it well before Gigakoops’

I have no idea what this song is, but with all the fuss, I will DEFINITELY be checking it out when it releases. ;-)

BornGamerRob
                Participant

Ouch. Well I guess some folks just prefer to work alone. Good luck, then! I look forward to it!

I think once you are established and people become familiar with your releases, it’ll change. I could be wrong, maybe some people just prefer to work alone (each their own), but I have seen a lot of collaboration so I wouldn’t read much into it.

DemonUnicorns
                  Participant

I think once you are established and people become familiar with your releases, it’ll change. I could be wrong, maybe some people just prefer to work alone (each their own), but I have seen a lot of collaboration so I wouldn’t read much into it.

That’s partially true. To be fair I didn’t give Kamotch’s chart a look, but I’m very particular about tempo maps; it’s the first step to chart quality.

If I create the tempo map, I always love to do callaborations for my projects. But that doesn’t mean I won’t contribute instruments for other people’s tempo maps. I just need your credibility is all. Plus, I had already started a tempo map on this one a long time ago.

Kamotch
                    Participant

Yeah tempo maps are very important, so I understand being hesitant considering I don’t have anything to show for myself yet. Regardless, since I had a full drum chart all ready, I just figured rather than going through and charting it over again from scratch you could save time by using mine as a quick reference. No need to even credit me since I don’t really care; I was just trying to speed the process along.

But it doesn’t matter really. Your chart will probably be better overall due to your experience so it’s all good. The only reason I’m a little bummed is it means I wasted time on this chart I could have been spending on other songs. But that’s entirely my fault because I hadn’t read through the rules at the time, so I guess I’m paying for that haha.

naginalJJ
                      Participant

The only reason I’m a little bummed is it means I wasted time on this chart I could have been spending on other songs.

Welcome to being a customs charter lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

DemonUnicorns
                        Participant

That’s also why it’s best practice to have a minimal WIP list, multiple projects are less likely to happen on the same songs. Sorry that this situation is happening to you, it’s just that you’re a little late to the party for this particular song.

Anyways, I really am looking forward to your other tracks! Always nice to see a new author join the fold.

Kamotch
                          Participant

Well I knew this was a hot track since that fake DLC leak all those years ago (which is actually how I found out about the song), that’s why I was surprised when I saw it wasn’t in the database. If I had known the various amount of red tape involved I would have stayed out of it of course.

Everyone keeps commenting on my massive list. I suppose since there’s no clear distinction between the songs I’m definitely gonna get to and the ones that are just wishful thinking, I understand. But really here’s the deal if it wasn’t made clear in the original post:

I really enjoy all of these songs and would love to be a part of every song’s inclusion in the database; however, I acknowledge that that’s not exactly a realistic expectation. Think of it more as both a To-Do list AND a wish list. It’s just that the line between the two is blurred a bit. I’m going to separate the list to distinguish between actual WIPs and the rest. Outside of the WIP section, I don’t claim any of those songs and anyone who wishes to start on a song does not need my permission to do so, especially on songs of lower priority. However, the plan is to keep going through my list until something stops me from doing so, so if someone starts one of the songs without my knowledge then I may end up charting something someone’s already close to finishing, which I’d like to avoid. But the benefit of me putting all of these songs out there let’s everyone know which songs I’m willing to work on, and therefore if someone wishes to chart a song from this list but would like someone to collaborate with, they can contact me like what happened with Banshee for example. So yeah, I know it’s an insanely long list, but I’m gonna try my best to put as big a dent into it as I can, and anyone else is welcome to as well.

robypal
                            Participant

Yay for all the Pavement songs!!! We need much more of this band on RB3!!

As soon as I get decent enough at making customs I’d be happy to help you out with these, but that’s probably still far away haha

BattlePenguin
                              Participant

Nice list! I see a few that I would be down to colab with you, Ill reach out to ya once I finish some personal customs I was planning. Do you chart all instruments? Which would you say are you strongest at?

Kamotch
                                Participant

I’ve dabbled in all instruments though I’m definitely strongest at drums. Chords for guitar kind of trip me up on occasion, but if there’s a tab available online, that makes it much easier. I have fun matching the pitches for vocals and I’ve gotten pretty good at that recently, but I’ve been avoiding syncing it to anything smaller than 1/16ths.

I haven’t watched through all of the tutorial videos yet nor gone through all of the documents outside of the initial RBN charting ones, so I hope to learn even more tips and tricks to help me out.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button