How to go about adding rhythm guitar to official DLC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    dr waffles
    Participant

This really motivates me to do more rhythm guitar upgrades. I want to go about it systematically, starting with rock band 1 songs, but there are times i just think of a random lego rock band song or something and think “that song would be so fun if it had rhythm guitar”

Fat Halpert
      Participant

This really motivates me to do more rhythm guitar upgrades. I want to go about it systematically, starting with rock band 1 songs, but there are times i just think of a random lego rock band song or something and think “that song would be so fun if it had rhythm guitar”

I think this is a cool idea. If I can make a recommendation, it would probably make sense to focus on songs that don’t have keys in the actual song. There are still many authors adding key upgrades to DLC, and I definitely prioritize key upgrades over rhythm guitar. That way you don’t have to worry about someone adding a key upgrade to a song that you’ve already charted rhythm guitar for. I have a spreadsheet of a few hundred DLC songs and I sorted them into 2 groups: songs that need keys and songs that don’t have keys in the song. That may be useful to you.

You can reach me on Discord: Fat Halpert#3165

dr waffles
        Participant

I think this is a cool idea. If I can make a recommendation, it would probably make sense to focus on songs that don’t have keys in the actual song. There are still many authors adding key upgrades to DLC, and I definitely prioritize key upgrades over rhythm guitar. That way you don’t have to worry about someone adding a key upgrade to a song that you’ve already charted rhythm guitar for. I have a spreadsheet of a few hundred DLC songs and I sorted them into 2 groups: songs that need keys and songs that don’t have keys in the song. That may be useful to you.

Oh yeah I actually had that thought from the start, one of the first i wanted to chart rhythm for was electric version, but when i noticed the keyboards in the mix I thought “damn, i really wish someone would do keys for this song”. Knowing it might happen the road, i instead focused on charting rhythm for painkiller. But yeah I remember reading that keys spreadsheet you posted back when i was just lurking on the forums, i’ll be sure to look into it.

dr waffles
          Participant

i’ve run into another issue, it’s easy for me to add rhythm to songs like painkiller and afterlife because those have harmony upgrades already, so I figured I could just update the .mid and songs.dta, and then just leave the upgrades.dta as it is. essentially piggybacking off of the harmony upgrades, but what am I supposed to do with a song like Are You Gonna Be My Girl? There’s no .dta files in the RBHP package(because there’s no harmonies needed for that song), so…can I just copy the .dta file straight from the LIVE file of that song into a new folder labeled “areyougonnabemygirl’? don’t I need the exact song id in the upgrades.dta for the upgrade to work? where can I find this? thanks in advance.

i’ve run into another issue, it’s easy for me to add rhythm to songs like painkiller and afterlife because those have harmony upgrades already, so I figured I could just update the .mid and songs.dta, and then just leave the upgrades.dta as it is. essentially piggybacking off of the harmony upgrades, but what am I supposed to do with a song like Are You Gonna Be My Girl? There’s no .dta files in the RBHP package(because there’s no harmonies needed for that song), so…can I just copy the .dta file straight from the LIVE file of that song into a new folder labeled “areyougonnabemygirl’? don’t I need the exact song id in the upgrades.dta for the upgrade to work? where can I find this? thanks in advance.

You would need the updated information and song_id that can be found on the game disc. There’s information elsewhere on how to get your hands on that, but it’s against forum rules to share it here, I think.

dr waffles
            Participant

You would need the updated information and song_id that can be found on the game disc. There’s information elsewhere on how to get your hands on that, but it’s against forum rules to share it here, I think.

well that’s a significant bummer, I guess that means I have to strictly piggyback off of other upgrades, so if a song has an info fix i could theoretically add rhythm to that as well, I was hoping to add rhythm to all the foo fighters songs, but those aren’t that consistent with harmonies.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button