cPlayer – The Rock Band Customs Player v2.4.0 [9/9/15]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 136 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • Author

I have some information for those that are having cPlayer crash on startup with errors like

Error Message:
    Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

and/or

Description:Stopped working
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

It seems that cPlayer needs “Windows Media Player” or specifically two dlls (wmp.dll & wmploc.dll). So if you removed or did not install media player this maybe your problem, so here is my solution.

I tested this on Windows 7 x64 SP1 and Media Player 12

1. Use “Turn Windows features on or off” in control panel to install “Media FeaturesWindows Media Player”
    2. Then try cPlayer.

If you really don’t want media player installed:

1. Find the two dlls in %windir%SysWOW64 or probably %windir%System32 on x32
    2. Copy these two files to a temp location
    3. Then use “Turn Windows features on or off” in control panel to remove “Media Player”
    4. Now, the two files can be put back in the original location or if you want the bin folder of cPlayer. They just have to be together.
    5. You have to register the wmp.dll
    6. open a command prompt and change to the path where the two dlls are and type:

regsvr32 wmp.dll

A message should display the dll was registered.

Then try cPlayer.

If this doesn’t fix it then try the register dll part (above) or install/repair media player and/or .net framework 4.x

I hope this helps.

TrojanNemo
    Participant

WMP is only used for playing back videos in Phase Shift mode. I didn’t even know this was a thing that people were having problems with…

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Menacex911
      Participant

Is there a way to preview a chart on the PC aside from Reaper? Like to watch the actual drum track?

TrojanNemo
        Participant

REAPER with the RBN plug-in is the best way I know. Once you have it compiled into a CON file, you can get a sort of preview using cPlayer or using Rok Drummer (http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/13196-rok-drummer-v150-91215-play-your-game-drums-on-pc/) but I wouldn’t use that as a means of testing the final product…that should always be done in game.

Menacex911
          Participant

What is the Autoplay feature I’ve seen. Is that with a purchases microsoft license on Rock Band? The issue for me is that I dont have a capture card, let alone a good enough one to use. And unless i have bad plug ins and its just me, Reaper playback is pretty laggy

samjjones
            Participant

From the “better late than never” files…

I finally got around to downloading and trying this piece of software.

Holyfuckingshit…this application is pretty damned awesome!

You really outdid yourself, Nemo. Not only are the controls extremely intuitive, but the various modes and displays are really well thought out and practical. I probably shouldn’t be surprised, but yeah…it’s great. You deserve more love for this one. Very well done.

TrojanNemo
              Participant

Thanks. It’s my favorite piece of software so far. It’s one I use often to listen to songs, specially cool new customs that I download even though I don’t really play anymore.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

TrojanNemo
                Participant

I’m officially ending support for the program. It’s been obvious, but putting the fine point on it.

Read more here:

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/15804-the-source-code-to-all-my-programs/

Jerry1gman
                  Participant

And here’s a thing. If no big bugs are found, I want to think I’m done with this until at least next year. With one exception. I want to add stage kit support…and I need your help.

See, I know how to read the song files. I know how to operate the stage kit. But what’s missing is very important. How do I combine these two? Do you know how HMX uses the venue track to operate the stage kit? I don’t mean “it reads it and it uses it to guide the stage kit” – I know that. I mean, when do they decide to turn on red led 3? When do they decide to turn on the strobe or fog?

So, can one of you very smart and creative people help me out with this? I need a write up of a way to make this happen. No code, just what in the chart should do what on the stage kit.

If one of you wonderful peeps does this, I will add it to cPlayer.

Then you’ll have a music player than can handle thousands of customs at once, that can do karaoke in 4K resolution AND will liven up your party with stage kit goodness. This could easily be the next reason for your house party alone :v:

So, who’s up to the challenge?

It’s never too late to share, I experimented with some of the lighting cues and noted the results

Word Doc https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gBws7Z9ylZCpBrHCjpc5AYRipMNmKDLd

Image https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bNbNabsuuJHWFmu1JaBp9wZcQ5ap7P-P

Just wanted to say thanks for this, this is really cool. I think the karaoke mode alone makes this worth having. What would I do if my Xbox 360 dies? Maybe I could pick up another one at a pawn shop, but with this, I can play the customs on the PC as karaoke tracks and at least have that. I was never a good rhythm gamer. I sucked at Guitar Hero. When I play Rockband, I only sing. I can play bass up to hard up to about tier 4 and expert up to tier 1 or sometimes 2, guitar a bit lower, and I really don’t have the endurance to do drums at any level. But I can do vocals and I can pass just about anything on expert and do fairly well on anything on hard. My skills are nothing to brag about, except maybe to children. But I love music, and something that will play music in a different way like this is at least interesting.

Also, I can put this on a flash drive with a handful of customs, and take it anywhere. So that’s neat, too.

Viewing 10 posts - 136 through 145 (of 145 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button