cPlayer – The Rock Band Customs Player v2.4.0 [9/9/15]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • Author

I am not even close to that. Are those all full band? I think cPlayer only finds around 3500 of my songs (all full band), but I am certain that there are way more cons on my hard drive.

Also, I had no idea the RB3 disc songs had been extracted.

TrojanNemo
    Participant

Most should be full band but I know that also includes all the Customs Repository files and several from the Other Customs board. I would guess maybe 1,500 aren’t full band…the rest should be.

As far as the RB3 songs…everything is out there. Those Phase Shift folks are good at what they do :-p

TrojanNemo
      Participant

So I found a data recovery lab that offered a “payment plan”. Paid $95 fee to inspect the drive. I have both hardware and software failure, so extra work than the usual failure.

Cost? $1800. “Payment plan” is $900 now and $900 after the data is recovered. I don’t think payment plan means what they think it means. Also, no way I can spend that money at the moment or in the foreseeable future.

Soooo yeah, this sucks.

Damn. Sorry man. Wish we could help you.

TrojanNemo
        Participant

So, once I came to terms with the fact that I can’t spend the money necessary to restore the hard drive, I decided to try and reverse engineer my own work. It’s a good thing I keep my programming files and the release and pre-release files in separate drives, since that meant I still had a pre-obfuscation binary of the last build. So I did what I did two years ago with HMX’s Magma, and some 5 hours later I’m 95% done restoring the changes to the code and even fixing a few bugs. If the only thing I had was an obfuscated build (what you guys get) then there is no way this would have happened.

TLDR: cPlayer lives on and there will be a small update sometime in the next few days.

raynebc
          Participant

Long live the king!

Yass!!!!! :DDD

MFX
            Participant

Good news, but still bummed about your personal files.

Had a lightning strike near the house last weekend. My video card turned up DOA: I could hear the startup and login sounds, but there was no signal to the monitor or HDMI, which meant I had no way to see if my files were intact!

Kicked myself for not backing up to the external drive lately, even after your cautionary tale. Fortunately, one video card transplant later, it seems that all the files were intact. All important projects copied to three drives now.

Anyway… Florida living, amirite?!

Oh, and screw those data recovery places. I sometimes wonder if they’d get more business if their prices weren’t so extortionate! I know I’ve always balked at it when I’ve lost a drive for just that reason, especially when they don’t even have to guarantee anything.

TrojanNemo
              Participant

Here is the first update post recovery. This should, in theory, have everything that v2.2.0 had, plus the new stuff listed in the change log below. If you notice something wrong, do point it out, it’s been a lot of work to restore it and I don’t doubt I’ve missed some things.

v2.2.1
                - Now displays drum charts using disco flip correctly
                - Song information now displays whether the playing song uses disco flips
                - Added ability to both automatically and manually check for future updates
                - Fixed broken Looping feature - now you can listen to Taylor Swift on repeat and just shake it off until your ears bleed
                - Fixed bug that would draw an empty space for Pro Keys (but not display anything) when a song had Rhythm on Keys and fake Pro Keys 'charted'
                - Fixed bug that would sometimes cause a crash if you pressed the Escape key
                - Fixed bug where the song details for some songs would indicate the song had Pro Keys when it didn't
                - Few other under the hood improvements and tweaks

sweet thanks! glad to see this project able to be updated again. i will pick it up once i get home from work tonight.

FujiSkunk
                Keymaster

Thank you for continuing this project when you had every reason not to. You da man, and I still hope you find some way to recover your other work.

TrojanNemo
                  Participant
                    I still hope you find some way to recover your other work.

That I can remember I only lost two other programming projects: one for Android smart watches, which I was also able to restore more or less 100% (but have yet to test thoroughly) and one for some internal c3 admin stuff that we no longer need anyways so nothing big.

What is missing is the thousands of photographs and my work documents but nothing serious, just sentimental value for the most part. Most of the photos should be on Facebook, so I can recover those – but of course not in their full size. But what can we do. Spending nearly two grand is not an option. So moving on :v:

Shit. 2 Grand. Making me thing I should switch gears into data recovery. I’m young. :what:

TrojanNemo
                    Participant

It’s a cool field. The expense comes from the need for a sterilized lab room and platter readers and other very expensive lab equipment. If you got the cash to set up the lab, I don’t think there’s much in the way of schooling for that. Although I may be grossly oversimplifying things.

Farottone
                      Keymaster
                        It’s a cool field. The expense comes from the need for a sterilized lab room and platter readers and other very expensive lab equipment.

I actually wrote a piece a while back on this. In fact, it can cost even a lot more to recover data if a special kind of lab is used, which has an even lower tolerance for particles in the air.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 145 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button