C3 Universe is here!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • Author

Hi. Me again. I updated a song 3 days ago and before the update I forgot to include album art. The update added an album art to the con file but it’s not being updated by the database. I have downloaded it myself and in the visualizer it shows it having album art. I decided to wait a couple days because I thought it was another one of those ‘wait a day to let the database update’ thing.

Farottone
    Keymaster

One last time please: open a thread to report issues.

Well I’m pretty sure that hotfuzz (and I’m not speaking for him) doesn’t chart his own stuff, he’s ONLY reposting old, lost and forgotten customs. So there’s no worry about getting mixed with his own. If and when the authors return they can reclaim them under their own name. Until then, you are more than welcome to do the same if you have any that are not in the DB and the author isn’t active here anymore. Otherwise I don’t see the issue, like you said he’s doing a great service (and a fantastic job of it as I’ve said before).

Correct. I do not chart. If people return, I am glad if they reclaim their customs. I was re-posting to help because its nice to search the database, I suspect many people missed out on the earlier work, and so the songs get preserved and not end up as dead links. I try not to post an active members custom, I might send a PM request that they post it for the enjoyment of their work (but not normally because I know people work at their own pace).

Farottone
      Keymaster

We’re gonna hit pause for now with uploading other people’s work because for one someone else is taking stats from the original author, and also because “they reclaim their customs” is not even remotely as technically easy as saying it.

Atruejedi
        Participant

What happens once we go live…

If you’re a user, meaning you don’t author, you need to be patient for a little more. When we will go live with the final version, which is soon, you can just go to the c3universe.com login page and log in. You can find your password in your My Profile page here on the forums, it’s called Unique token.

If you’re a C3 original author, you will find all your files and stats from the beginning of our time (April 2013).

If you’re an author, you need to first make sure you posted a song in the Customs database. If you have, when you log in you will be assigned the Unverified account. Request an upgrade from the File Manager and if we don’t find anything wrong with your request you will be given the upgrade quickly.

HOW DO YOU BECOME AN AUTHOR???

My account is “user” and my class is “beginner.” In order to upload a custom into the database, I need to do this:

Download URL (360) – The primary (and required) download URL. This should be a Magma-generated Xbox 360 RB3 CON file, ready to play in-game. Avoid archives (rar, zip, etc.) if possible. No LIVE files.

It does not say you have to upload to a third party hosting service. In fact, it heavily implies you’re supposed to use the C3 hosting service. Yet no where have I seen (and I’ve resurrected many posts at this point) any, any guide or directions.

Shouldn’t this be covered in the OP???

And yes, I’ve logged in successfully. I’m not a complete idiot.

qQPnfCm.png

So often on this forum I’ve seen smarty-pants replies with a single line of “read the FAQ” or “read the rules” or “read the documents” or “search the forum” or something else snarky and unhelpful. Yet the cornerstone of this website does not even explain how to use the website…

Atruejedi
          Participant

Correct. I do not chart. If people return, I am glad if they reclaim their customs. I was re-posting to help because its nice to search the database, I suspect many people missed out on the earlier work, and so the songs get preserved and not end up as dead links. I try not to post an active members custom, I might send a PM request that they post it for the enjoyment of their work (but not normally because I know people work at their own pace).

I found this very helpful and appreciated it. And you always gave full disclosure. Thank you!

Farottone
            Keymaster

So often on this forum I’ve seen smarty-pants replies with a single line of “read the FAQ” or “read the rules” or “read the documents” or “search the forum” or something else snarky and unhelpful. Yet the cornerstone of this website does not even explain how to use the website…

Don’t worry, with this attitude you’re not going to be hosted on C3U. You seem to feel entitled to something when the opposite is true:

be respectful when you use the system and always remember that all those of had a hand on it did so because of their passion to give you something to enjoy. Remember that you are using entirely for free something that took months to develop and requires daily maintenance, on top of the aforementioned bills.

I have no idea why you chose to be annoying instead of simply asking for a clairification but that was a free choice you made and that comes with consequence. Don’t even think of escalating this if you want to be part of this community. Change your behaviour and I might reconsider my position; turn the volume up and you will not be welcome anymore.

Atruejedi
              Participant

Don’t worry, with this attitude you’re not going to be hosted on C3U. You seem to feel entitled to something when the opposite is true:

I do not care about statistics and downloads. I just want to get my custom hosted in the database. I never logged in to C3U before yesterday and I’ve never used it. There isn’t even a link to it on the front page of the website.

I have no idea why you chose to be annoying instead of simply asking for a clairification but that was a free choice you made and that comes with consequence. Don’t even think of escalating this if you want to be part of this community. Change your behaviour and I might reconsider my position; turn the volume up and you will not be welcome anymore.

Annoying? Consequence? With all due respect, this is a legitimate criticism with a provided suggestion: the C3U does not explain how to use the C3U. But it should. And it should have a link on the front page. I feel like you are “escalating” this by implying I will be banned. I’d rather you didn’t, but I will not apologize for my post. I have done nothing wrong. I just want to upload a custom.

Farottone
                Keymaster

I do not care about statistics and downloads. I just want to get my custom hosted in the database. I never logged in to C3U before yesterday and I’ve never used it. There isn’t even a link to it on the front page of the website.

No one is stopping you. And why in the world would you post in the C3U subforum if you don’t want to use C3U? Just upload to the database like every one of the other 330 authors who already used it have done. You’re awfully confused for a guy who seems to know everything.

Atruejedi
                  Participant

No one is stopping you. And why in the world would you post in the C3U subforum if you don’t want to use C3U? Just upload to the database like every one of the other 330 authors who already used it have done. You’re awfully confused for a guy who seems to know everything.

Okay, I’m going to put all my cards out on the table…

You are the administrator. You have all the power. I have no power. This is an unbalanced situation. I feel that even responding to you is dangerous because of your veiled threat to ban me, but if you are going to call me out publicly in this thread for ‘behaving badly,’ I am going to defend myself publicly.

In what way have I given you the impression that I know everything? Or that I think I know everything? I think we have interacted once or twice before, and I don’t know why there would be animosity between us. I do not believe I know everything. In fact, I am regularly approaching authors for advice and assistance. I am always kind and gracious. If you don’t believe me, I invite you to ask around.

You, in your previous post, implied I have a bad attitude. Again, with all due respect, I see myself as an exemplary community member. In fact, on multiple occasions, I’ve been told just that. I challenge you to find a newer community member (less than a year) that has worked with more authors or made more thoughtful comments in the database.

I don’t understand what I’ve done to deserve threats of banishment. If you do not want to host my custom that I made to share with everyone in the community, that is fine. I will upload it elsewhere. But I would rather use the system provided on this website. I am honestly shocked to find you imply I don’t deserve to have my work hosted here. You are acting like a bully, and it is upsetting.

This will be my final post in this thread. I have said my piece. Thank you.

Farottone
                    Keymaster

You, in your previous post, implied I have a bad attitude. Again, with all due respect, I see myself as an exemplary community member.

So, let’s square these 2 things:

be respectful when you use the system and always remember that all those of had a hand on it did so because of their passion to give you something to enjoy. Remember that you are using entirely for free something that took months to develop and requires daily maintenance, on top of the aforementioned bills.

and your

If you use C3U (and I have the impression you don’t even know what it is, since you’re confusing the customs database with C3U), you are expected to be respectful for the reasons explained above. You could have just said: “I don’t understand exactly how to become an author, can you please tell me where in the docs it’s explained?” But obviously you chose to make it a point to lament that you get asked to read the docs and that basic things are not explained. I’m paying hundreds of dollars over the course of a single year for C3U and have spent a lot of time coding it, I only request respectful messages in return. How you fail to even do that is beyond me.

I don’t understand what I’ve done to deserve threats of banishment. If you do not want to host my custom that I made to share with everyone in the community, that is fine. I will upload it elsewhere. But I would rather use the system provided on this website. I am honestly shocked to find you imply I don’t deserve to have my work hosted here. You are acting like a bully, and it is upsetting.

You clearly have no idea what a bully is, but then again you think you’re an “exemplary community member” so there you go. I honestly can think of less than a handful of members who didn’t respect my request to remember that C3U is a free service that costs me a lot before posting, and you are one of them, you can imagine how exemplary you are.

You also went ahead and misunderstood, again, what is posted. I have not said you can’t share your songs with the community here. I don’t think I have ever prevented a single user to release a legitimate custom, I don’t know from where you would get that. I said you won’t be *hosted* on C3U, which means I’m not interested in paying for the cloud space for your customs. Have you even read what C3U is and what it provides? C3U hosting is not an open service, there are conditions for its use, because it has costs attached. If you plan to upload unplayable customs, I’m not paying for that. If you plan to not be thankful for free cloud hosting, I’m not paying for that. And I even said I would reconsider giving you free hosting, the bully you think I am… What I DID say is that if you escalate this you’re gonna be suspended, and I say this from experience because some users decided to freak out and go the insults route, and that by rules results in a suspension or ban. What you said until now contains no insults and at worst is misguided, so why would I suspend or ban you?

This is the summary: you went to upload to the DB and didn’t understand what almost any user did. It’s ok, we tried to make it easy to use but anyone can have brainfarts or genuinely not understand something. So you posted in the C3U section not understanding what it is, probably because you didn’t read about it. You then proceeded to freak out instead of asking politely what to do. Finally, even after I pointed this out, you kept going your stubborn route in the belief that you are an example to the whole community. I sincerely hope you will now take a step back, understand where you went wrong and correct course. Not for me, I don’t care, but for you, so that you can upload your work.

I know this is an extremely stupid question, but I’m brand new to all of this.

I really like the c3 universe platform and when I find a user it makes it super easy to see all of their songs.

However, looking through the main stickied post it appears there should be a whole “user” dashboard experience that I’m not seeing. I’m assuming you could sort users by top downloads (finding the most active contributors) and all types of things, but the only pages I can get to pull up are direct user pages.

Do you have to sign up somewhere to become verified?

If I just go to http://p.c3universe.comit gives me an “access denied” error page.

Thanks!

Bansheeflyer

However, looking through the main stickied post it appears there should be a whole “user” dashboard experience that I’m not seeing. I’m assuming you could sort users by top downloads (finding the most active contributors) and all types of things, but the only pages I can get to pull up are direct user pages.

Hey there! It looks like you’re missing the “p”, it should read: http://cp.c3universe.com. p.c3universe is specifically for profiles/users, cp.c3universe.com is for the control panel which has the dashboards you want. That will also bring you to the login page where you just sign in with your C3 username and the user token (the login page shows you where you can find that).

Let me know if you’re still having trouble.

LkProd
                        Participant

So, uh… Is this supposed to happen?

sfxvk7.png

I hadn’t logged into my account in quite a while, but as soon as I logged into the C3U Control Panel I saw a few files already uploaded (which I assume were migrated automatically from my previously updated customs).

I saw the “maxed out account” warning, and thinking they were the cause, I deleted all the files, but the warning remains. Is there any specific reason for this to be happening? Did I fuck something up before even using the file hoster itself?

DemonUnicorns
                          Participant

So, uh… Is this supposed to happen?

sfxvk7.png

I hadn’t logged into my account in quite a while, but as soon as I logged into the C3U Control Panel I saw a few files already uploaded (which I assume were migrated automatically from my previously updated customs).

I saw the “maxed out account” warning, and thinking they were the cause, I deleted all the files, but the warning remains. Is there any specific reason for this to be happening? Did I fuck something up before even using the file hoster itself?

No you must first request an upgrade to be able to upload.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 136 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button