Yesyears: The Yes Chronicles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Sideshow
    Participant

If the tempo map of Tempus Fugit was fixed I would be willing to help full band it.

bsbloom
      Participant

Looks like there hasn’t been much progress in a while.

I have started on Perpetual Change and Astral Traveller. Hopefully done by February.

nsw1-6
        Participant

Looks like there hasn’t been much progress in a while.

I have started on Perpetual Change and Astral Traveller. Hopefully done by February.

Do you mean upgrading Astral Traveller? It has drums and guitar already.

To my knowledge with talk amongst collaborators, Perpetual Change is mostly done it just needs bass at this point.

bsbloom
          Participant

I had done a bass chart, until I lost my data. There are several time signature changes in the song, and I was about halfway through a new tempo map (using my bass and Oscar’s drums to guide me). I will be happy to supply my bass and a new tempo map, if that helps, if, and when, I recover my data.

Likewise, there are time signature changes in Astral Traveller. I have done bass for that, and am working on a new tempo map now.

Drum chart is fine (except for the missing TS changes). Guitar seems over-charted, and I plan on doing that from scratch. I will also do keys and vocals.

ejthedj
            Participant

Hello all. I have Tempus Fugit completed on all instruments. If its alright with everyone, Im ready to release it.

I also have I Am A Camera completed on all instruments as well, though I was saving that one to be released as a bonus together with Into The Lens.

nsw1-6
              Participant

I also have I Am A Camera completed on all instruments as well, though I was saving that one to be released as a bonus together with Into The Lens.

Just go ahead and release it if you have it ready. I haven’t touched Into the Lens for a while but only drums and some of the bass are done. I’ll likely swing back around to my Yes tracks next month.

Sideshow
                Participant

Hello all. I have Tempus Fugit completed on all instruments. If its alright with everyone, Im ready to release it.

I know NSW1-6 mentioned there were tempo map fixes to be made for Tempus Fugit. Just be aware before releasing that one. You may have already done changes yourself.

ejthedj
                  Participant

Just go ahead and release it if you have it ready. I haven’t touched Into the Lens for a while but only drums and some of the bass are done. I’ll likely swing back around to my Yes tracks next month.

Sounds good. You’re welcome to use my I Am A Camera chart to help with Into The Lens. I Am A Camera is a **very** watered down version of Into The Lens, so it might make the individual parts easier to single out

AJFOne23
                    Participant

Updated this project OP with everything released to date

Fw2376K.jpg

GUITAR: ghostbyob

VOCALS: EchoOfMystery

DRUMS: MrBurpler

The world’s greatest progressive rock band takes on the Beatles with a 1969 update of the John Lennon, Paul McCartney composition “Every Little Thing.” Peter Banks even adds a lick or two from “Day Tripper.” The addition seems very appropriate, as Yes’ trippy version of “Every Little Thing” seems ready to almost fly off the rails at any second. Here, Banks shines in a way none of his successors could, with a bluesy, yet psychedelic storm coming from his guitar. Peter Banks’ flash is undeniable and fitting. Jon Anderson, meanwhile, provides an almost tender reading of “Every Little Thing,” which is propelled by an aggressive backbeat from Bill Bruford and the maestro, Chris Squire. While this is a great interpretation of a good song, it also points out the power of the group’s original compositions.

JY0cJBM.jpg

GUITAR/VOCALS: nsw1-6

A grandiose ballad from the first Yes album, “Sweetness” was also selected as the group’s first ever single – an “absolutely ludicrous” idea, insists guitarist Pete Banks, and one that only exacerbated the group’s belief that Atlantic didn’t have a clue what the band was all about. “I presume the idea was to make Yes the next Bee Gees,” he continued, before adding that, Jon Anderson aside, the rest of the band weren’t even that keen on the song in the first place. Period reviews were no more encouraging – one English paper described the performance as “pretty, almost sugary, and unlikely to happen,” and the single was indeed a flop. However, Anderson’s vocals are outstanding, as wistful and delicate as the lyric, and supported by what were already shaping up to be the trademark “classic Yes” harmonies. The band, too, are lushly understated, and “Sweetness” has since emerged among the very best of Yes’ early recordings.

MbZL4Vt.jpg

GUITAR: ghostbyob

VOCALS: EchoOfMystery

DRUMS: MrBurpler

“Something`s Coming”, taken from Leonard Bernstein`s “West Side Story” musical, has a very good arrangement, with Bill Bruford playing some Jazz drums and the rest of the band playing heavy in some parts. It also has very good vocal harmonies, which became a “trademark” for the band.

AJFOne23
                      Participant

image.jpg

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button