XBOX360 RB3 Pro Drums recomendations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Shroud
    Participant

Granted, it’s a pretty tight fit getting the crash cable to the ride, as the cable lengths are specifically tailored for a standard acoustic setup

Why not swapping the cables at the entry of the processing unit?

regularjphn
      Participant

Why not swapping the cables at the entry of the processing unit?

Well, in the Nitro model at least, all the cables connect to one head.

j4dyfhsbpg4bdnbevgvv.jpg

Shroud
        Participant

Well, in the Nitro model at least, all the cables connect to one head.

j4dyfhsbpg4bdnbevgvv.jpg

Aha, ok! When I also tried to switch ride with crash, I noticed the other cable was very short and tight just like in your case, but my older model has separate cables each one going into a different hole.

regularjphn
          Participant

Aha, ok! When I also tried to switch ride with crash, I noticed the other cable was very short and tight just like in your case, but my older model has separate cables each one going into a different hole.

Ah, that would definitely make it easier! In the adapter instruction book, it says that crash is tied to 49 while ride is tied to 51, so I’d imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to program and save a kit in the module that simply swaps those numbers.

rubydanger
            Participant

Ahhhhh. The drums arrived today. Got it all put together but neither the drum kit nor the midi adapter came with a midi cable. Looks like I’m running to guitar center.

Just had the worst Guitar Center experience ever. I got to my local one at 2PM. it was closed due to covid, I understand that. An employee outside told me. just order it online and request curbside pickup, you will have it in 2 hours or less. So I go online and they didn’t have the cable at that location, but had one about 30 minutes away, so I ordered it and headed to the store. Sat in the parking lot for 3 hours, no notice at all. Then an employee is delivering to another curbside customer, I ask him how long this should take. He says – if you payed attention to the website, it says it can take up to 4 hours. Fine – be a dick and I will wait another hour. 5 hours later, I call customer support to check on my order, and it is still being processed online, I look up and they turn the closed sign. Order cancelled – never using them again. Amazon will deliver it Friday.

Oh well, the drums look pretty

rubydanger
              Participant

I am getting frustrated. I keep double hitting the toms – I am assuming it is registering the mesh and the rim. I have the sensitivity set as low as it can go but cannot find a way to simply disable the rim.

Shroud
                Participant

Does it happen only in the game or also when you play the eDrums by themselves?

I also have a problem that might be related to sensitivity or cross-talk: I seem to miss a lot of snare notes when they are combined with hihats. I thought I just had a bad/old snare sensor, but when I have snare only or snare + toms/crash, it seems snare notes are detected properly even when hitting VERY softly :/ Anybody else has this issue? I haven’t actually tested this outside the game yet, but I was wondering if it’s has something to do with snare and hihat being mounted close to each other.

hardcoredrummer
                  Participant

probably have to look at the sensitivity settings and cross talk settings…

also there is a sensitivity wheel on the mpa itself that works as well…

rubydanger
                    Participant

Didn’t know about the midi adapter sensitivity, that did indeed help but I still have an issue.

I actually had a spot where there were no drums, as I was waiting for the next hit, I lost my multiplier so I definitely have an issue, will play with settings over the weekend.

hardcoredrummer
                      Participant

Didn’t know about the midi adapter sensitivity, that did indeed help but I still have an issue.

I actually had a spot where there were no drums, as I was waiting for the next hit, I lost my multiplier so I definitely have an issue, will play with settings over the weekend.

yeah if you have some pads turned down and then turn the wheel on the mpa down it will turn some off as it turns them all down together same amount….i mentioned cross talk only because the vibrations in the rack and trigger events somtimes. at least for my yamaha kit but it’s not mesh…i would think mess is more sensitive.

Shroud
                        Participant

So do you mean that you were hot hitting anything, but the game somehow registered a hit? That would sound to me like the sensitivity was too high, in the sense that it was catching very small vibrations even when not hitting.

I am not even sure if sensitivity and cross-talk can be adjusted separately (in the eDrums brain I suppose, since there is only one wheel on the MPA).

Intuitively, I would guess that cross-talk occurs when you hit a pad, and the vibration is caught also by the sensor of another pad which you didn’t hit. Lowering the sensitivity should help in that case, because the second sensor would now require a stronger vibration to register a hit. However, with a lower sensitivity you may now need to hit the first pad stronger, although this perhaps only means you can’t play too quietly.

My problem instead would suggest to actually increase the sensitivity, since in my case the snare fails to register a hit sometimes. But what I noticed, is that I can hit the snare VERY quietly and hits always register, unless I also hit the hihat at the same time… So I was wondering if there might be anything in the eDrums brain which is trying to actually prevent cross-talk by ignoring a hit on the snare when the nearest element (hihat) is hit, assuming that if the snare hit is not strong enough then it might be cross-talk.

hardcoredrummer
                          Participant

So do you mean that you were hot hitting anything, but the game somehow registered a hit? That would sound to me like the sensitivity was too high, in the sense that it was catching very small vibrations even when not hitting.

I am not even sure if sensitivity and cross-talk can be adjusted separately (in the eDrums brain I suppose, since there is only one wheel on the MPA).

Intuitively, I would guess that cross-talk occurs when you hit a pad, and the vibration is caught also by the sensor of another pad which you didn’t hit. Lowering the sensitivity should help in that case, because the second sensor would now require a stronger vibration to register a hit. However, with a lower sensitivity you may now need to hit the first pad stronger, although this perhaps only means you can’t play too quietly.

My problem instead would suggest to actually increase the sensitivity, since in my case the snare fails to register a hit sometimes. But what I noticed, is that I can hit the snare VERY quietly and hits always register, unless I also hit the hihat at the same time… So I was wondering if there might be anything in the eDrums brain which is trying to actually prevent cross-talk by ignoring a hit on the snare when the nearest element (hihat) is hit, assuming that if the snare hit is not strong enough then it might be cross-talk.

yeah my yamaha kit does that. you set it up in the brain to ignore hits from other drums at what is probably milliseconds or something after so the initial hit so that vibrations etc doesn’t count as a hit. also you can have it ignore other pads too that you hit at the same time. that could be the issue. you can also assign an order of importance for pads trumping other pads when hit at the same time etc. but i’m not sure with your module if you can do this

Shroud
                            Participant

yeah my yamaha kit does that. you set it up in the brain to ignore hits from other drums at what is probably milliseconds or something after so the initial hit so that vibrations etc doesn’t count as a hit. also you can have it ignore other pads too that you hit at the same time. that could be the issue. you can also assign an order of importance for pads trumping other pads when hit at the same time etc. but i’m not sure with your module if you can do this

Thanks for the tip, I’ll check out my module instructions.

rubydanger
                              Participant

Printed colored cymbal knobs and Tom cap covers

hardcoredrummer
                                Participant

Putting that 3d printer to work nice. Do you actually like playing in that rb drum kit setup? Move the snare below the toms…lol

Also what arcade game is that in the background?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button