Xbox 360 multiplayer ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jerrylive365
    Participant

I read in another thread that customs multiplayer is possible on WII and PS3, but never saw anything for Xbox360. Is this in the works or something we can do already?

I know going through Microsoft servers would not be possible so not sure how this would work, but any feedback is appreciated =)

It is possible, but I’m not sure if it’s worth the hassle or not. As far as I understand you can use a RB1’s tempo map on your customs to use them on TU5, not sure about which song and whatnot, but useless to say this is very finicky. Doing this makes your chart look not on tempo, since the tempo line in the background of the highway will not match the song you play. If you want to do this I strongly suggest to find people who are doing this (or did this).

The difference with Wii and PS3 is that both of these work out of the box, you don’t need to do anything special other than having valid song IDs.

It’s possible, but it’s a lot of effort and it’s really not worth the hassle imo.

Here’s a video of me playing an online custom song on Xbox 360.

If you wanna play online, just buy a PS3.

jerrylive365
      Participant

Thanks for the info!!

The only reason for me to play online would be I have a friend who is in another state and no longer has people to play in person with. So this would be an ideal situation if it was simple enough.

Besides, she is so not tech savoy and trying to explain how to customize this in order to play online would be more trouble than I am willing to commit to. Hmmmm maybe she wants to buy a couple PS3s to solve the problem instead )

Thanks for the heads up !

If you both have a PC maybe Phase Shift would be viable, you can play online and it runs on pretty much any PCs at this point.

jerrylive365
        Participant

According to posts I’m reading, Phase Shift is dead. Was available on Steam so you could play multiplayer, but its been pulled and no response from the devs for months.

Mr. Person
          Participant

I read in another thread that customs multiplayer is possible on WII and PS3, but never saw anything for Xbox360. Is this in the works or something we can do already?

I know going through Microsoft servers would not be possible so not sure how this would work, but any feedback is appreciated =)

If you convert your customs to be playable in RB2 (I think there’s some program that lets you do this, but I don’t remember what it’s called), then you’ll be able to play customs online in that game. No hacking required.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button