Why can’t I fix my tempo map?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    FUGGNUTZ
    Participant

I’m charting a song at the moment, and I’m having issues with my tempo map. Basically, I mapped the entire song, but then decided that the count-in was too fast, so I decreased the count-in from 130 BPM to 128 BPM, which seems like a drastic drop, but I think it fits much better.

The issue is that a certain section of the song is now giving me problems. There is a section which I mapped as one 4/4 time signature, followed by a 2/4 measure, followed by a return to 4/4. When I changed the count-in, this section went out of sync. The first 4/4 measure starts at the correct time, but since the measure is too fast, the 2/4 section and the rest of the song starts too early. When I try to manually edit the BPM of the first 4/4 measure, nothing appears to happen. The actual beats in the measure get longer, but the 2/4 measure starts at exactly the same time. When I try to delete my tempo marker for the 2/4 measure and re-map it, my second 4/4 measure effectively disappears. It gets incredibly small even though it doesn’t have a tempo marker on it. I don’t know everything there is to know about tempo mapping, but that probably shouldn’t be happening and it’s starting to piss me off.

I’d like to resolve this without making the first 4/4 measure 6/4 and getting rid of the 2/4 measure because if I do that, I’ll have to move all of my tempo markers back one measure, which isn’t easy unless there is a command I don’t know about. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? https://mega.nz/#!0mhGnYCB!BLi9Mf3jSblBfouG49SBaKhHxGlU6-tceqiyJ6vaddk Here is my project file. The song is RADWIMPS – Oshakashama. The first 4/4 measure is measure 6, with the 2/4 measure being measure 7, and the second 4/4 measure being measure 8. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Farottone
      Keymaster

Go back to a previous version of the file, then Project settings > Timebase… > Beats (position only), and change BPM. If that doesn’t work, you’re stuck with an annoying bug in Reaper with time signatures, which to fix might need remove the time signature changes and redoing them (only the signatures, not the BPMs)

FUGGNUTZ
        Participant

Go back to a previous version of the file, then Project settings > Timebase… > Beats (position only), and change BPM. If that doesn’t work, you’re stuck with an annoying bug in Reaper with time signatures, which to fix might need remove the time signature changes and redoing them (only the signatures, not the BPMs)

Worked like a charm. Thanks! Kinda weird how that works.

EDIT: Kinda eating my words here, but it should be mentioned. For some reason, after editing the BPM of the 2/4 measure using this method, my marker for the second 4/4 measure stayed in the correct place, but all of my other tempo markers moved down two beats, putting them all on the third beat of the measure. From what I can tell, my chart is still somewhat in sync, but it still confuses me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button