Vocal Slide?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shaky Jake
    Participant

Just getting started on authoring songs… Learning little by little every day. Had been satisfied with doing vocals only as “talkies” but have decided to put in some work doing pitches. I’m not great at it, but I’m trying. I’ve taken a close look at the wiki, and through several pages, but I don’t exactly understand how to make vocals slide. I’m trying these lyric events: “li+” “ng+” “er” but it’s displaying in-game with the plus symbols and not making it a slide. Anyone who could give me a hand here would be much appreciated!

Shroud
      Participant

You need to use the minus “-” sign, not the plus “+” sign.

Also, search for the “Making RB3 Customs: Charting Vocals” tutorial video by Nyxyxylyth on YouTube. It’s not very long and it’s definitely worth watching before charting pitched vocals.

Shaky Jake
        Participant

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me. I have actually watched that video a couple of times now, plus a few others. Perhaps I just misunderstood, but this excerpt comes straight from the Wiki:

“Plus signs are also used for slides, bends, and trills, using a new MIDI note with a new plus sign event for each note:”

Shaky Jake
          Participant

Ah jeez, this is pretty embarrassing. While I have watched the video by Nyxyxylyth several times, I guess I um… Never watched it all the way through. That’s my mistake, sorry about that, Shroud. I’ll make sure to do PROPER research before I post again.

(Also, forgive the double post here. Not sure how to edit my previous post.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button