Upgrade Error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    suburbia
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

I’m trying to add JUST the Pro Guitar/Bass tracks into my game. I use the upgrade bundler, follow the on screen instructions and when I get into the game, the upgrade shows and the music previews. But when I start the song on any instrument, it gives me the “Disc Unreadable” error.

When I load the “bundled” file onto my USB, it isn’t corrupt but appears as a “saved game”. Is that normal? After a bit of searching here on the forums I’ve wondered if it’s failing to load because of the song ID?

I’m pretty stumped on what’s causing this. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

If you’re using Title Update 5, all of this is normal behavior. You’ll need to use Title Update 4 in order to play legacy tracks that have been bundled with the C3 CON Tools upgrade bundler.

The reason bundled tracks don’t work in TU5 is the same reason they appear as “save files” when using using the XBox 360’s browser. This is all related to a quirk in the game that also allows customs to work, a quirk that was “fixed” in TU5.

In order to use TU5 and still have legacy tracks upgraded with RBHP bits, you need to instead use RBHP packager. The official download link for the packager has been dead for some time, but I’ve uploaded a copy of it here, and you can watch a video tutorial of how to use the packager here (second part here). The files you feed into the packager are the same that you feed into the upgrade bundler, but you will need to make sure they’re all in the right directories for the packager to process. The tutorial will explain this.

Note that if you have a Mad Catz disc of Rock Band 3, TU5 is baked in, and so your only option is to use the packager. The process is a bit more involved, but the good news is, when you’re done you’ll have all your RBHP upgrades in the latest version of RB3, with no “unreadable” disc errors.

JDK_13
        Participant

You don’t even have to use the bundler, you can just write custom pro guitar upgrade files as customs. In fact, you can even play them on tu5.

suburbia
          Participant

If you’re using Title Update 5, all of this is normal behavior. You’ll need to use Title Update 4 in order to play legacy tracks that have been bundled with the C3 CON Tools upgrade bundler.

The reason bundled tracks don’t work in TU5 is the same reason they appear as “save files” when using using the XBox 360’s browser. This is all related to a quirk in the game that also allows customs to work, a quirk that was “fixed” in TU5.

In order to use TU5 and still have legacy tracks upgraded with RBHP bits, you need to instead use RBHP packager. The official download link for the packager has been dead for some time, but I’ve uploaded a copy of it here, and you can watch a video tutorial of how to use the packager here (second part here). The files you feed into the packager are the same that you feed into the upgrade bundler, but you will need to make sure they’re all in the right directories for the packager to process. The tutorial will explain this.

Note that if you have a Mad Catz disc of Rock Band 3, TU5 is baked in, and so your only option is to use the packager. The process is a bit more involved, but the good news is, when you’re done you’ll have all your RBHP upgrades in the latest version of RB3, with no “unreadable” disc errors.

Thank you for the info! I’ll be sure to try this!

You don’t even have to use the bundler, you can just write custom pro guitar upgrade files as customs. In fact, you can even play them on tu5.

How would I go about “writing” the custom pro guitar upgrade? Would I just pack it into a con file and load it onto my USB?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button