Title Updates and Patch Notes

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    EzloDQ
    Participant

This was requested of me to post this on the forums, so here it goes. I’ve been on a bit of a mission to discover patch notes from base game, all the way to the 5th and final update. Mainly did this just to find out what has actually changed. I know a common change is from TU4 to TU5, where obviously, customs don’t work on 5, 2 export songs don’t work on 4 (Black Hole Sun & Dani California), and there’s a 1-lighter filter on 5. After scouring the internet, I’ve come up with, not only the patch notes, but the actual patches themselves!

Title Update 1:

As far as I can tell, this was a day 1 patch that shows no traces of patch notes anywhere online. Likely applying fixes that were made to the game between manufacturing discs, and the actual release of the game.

Title Update 2:

Arena 12 Freeze (aka The Roadie Amp Loading Screen of Death) – If the amp loading vignette occurred immediately prior to an especially resource heavy venue it had the potential to cause a freeze. Your band should now be able to load their gear uninterrupted.

Save Data Affected By Especially Long Band Names – Custom / Random Setlists specific to artists with especially long names (most notably Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Honest Bob and the Factory to Dealer Incentives, The Presidents of the United States of America, etc) that were not completed before playing through to the next auto save could result in corrupted save data.

Iron Man Eyebrow Freeze in Character Creator – The Character Creator would sometimes seize up when reselecting the default eyebrow for the Iron Man pre set face. All eyebrows are now safe.

Pause Scoring Exploit – To prevent abuse of repeated pausing mid-song to pad a score, we now disable score reporting on any song in which a player repeatedly pauses. Your crowd meter should go grey and you will not be able to complete any goals or achievements tied to score during that play through.

Title Update 3:

Gameplay Changes

The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 keyboard players experienced has been addressed.

For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.

Overdrive can now be deployed using a pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.

Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).

The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.

Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.

Online Changes

PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.

Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.

To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.

Music Library and Store Changes

Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.

Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.

The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
      Anvil – 666
      Anvil – Metal on Metal
      Anvil – This is Thirteen
      Dinosaur Jr – Pick Me Up
      Dinosaur Jr – The Wagon
      Guess Who, The – Hand Me Down World
      Guess Who, The – No Time
      Tenacious D – Rock Your Socks
      Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife

Practice Mode Changes

An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed

Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.

Crash Fixes

Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.

Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.

Title Update 4:

We’ve released a new title update today which addresses an issue with how Rock Band 3 scores certain songs with Pro Guitar/Bass parts. There was a discrepancy in how the game dealt with songs using the 17-fret Mustang controller versus the 22-fret Fender Squier controller which resulted in scores posting with no Star values. This has now been resolved with today’s update.

While we don’t have any additional title updates planned for the foreseeable future, we hope this further illustrates our ongoing commitment to supporting the new Pro Guitars as well as you all who make our community so great!

Check below for the full list of affected songs. (note: to avoid redundancies I haven’t listed a song twice if it has an RB3 version in addition to the PRO Upgrade.)

RB3 Disc Songs Affected: 21

Anthrax — “Caught in a Mosh”
      Avenged Sevenfold — “Beast and the Harlot”
      Big Country — “In a Big Country”
      Def Leppard — “Foolin’”
      Dio — “Rainbow in the Dark”
      Foreigner — “Cold as Ice”
      Jane’s Addiction — “Been Caught Stealing”
      Lynyrd Skynyrd — “Free Bird”
      The Muffs — “Outer Space”
      Night Ranger — “Sister Christian”
      Ozzy Osbourne — “Crazy Train”
      Phish — “Llama”
      Primus — “Jerry Was a Race Car Driver”
      Queen — “Bohemian Rhapsody”
      Queens of the Stone Age — “No One Knows”
      Rilo Kiley — “Portions for Foxes”
      Spacehog — “In the Meantime”
      Them Crooked Vultures — “Dead End Friends”
      Tokio Hotel — “Humanoid”
      Whitesnake — “Here I Go Again”
      Yes — “Roundabout”

DLC Songs Affected: 24

38 Special — “Hold On Loosely”
      B.B. King — “The Thrill Is Gone”
      Billy Joel — “Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song)”
      Bob Marley and the Wailers — “Them Belly Full (But We Hungry)”
      Bon Jovi — “Livin’ on a Prayer”
      Bon Jovi — “Runaway”
      Bon Jovi — “Wanted Dead or Alive”
      Caesars — “Jerk It Out”
      The Doors — “Light My Fire”
      DragonForce — “Through the Fire and Flames”
      The Gracious Few — “Appetite”
      Johnny Cooper — “Don’t Feel Like That Anymore”
      The Knack — “My Sharona”
      Lynyrd Skynyrd — “Simple Man”
      Metallica — “…And Justice for All”
      Queen — “I Want It All”
      Queen — “Killer Queen”
      Queen — “One Vision”
      Queen — “Play the Game”
      Queen — “Somebody To Love”
      Queen — “Tenement Funster”
      Queen — “We Are the Champions”
      Santana — “Black Magic Woman”
      Stone Sour — “Say You’ll Haunt Me”

Title Update 5:

Soundgarden’s Black Hole Sun and the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Dani California will now be available in Rock Band 3 to anyone that previously imported Rock Band 1.

New filter added allowing players to hide songs rated “One Lighter.”

Setlist crashes surrounding combinations of the songs Surfing with the Alien, Satch Boogie, The Hockey Theme, and Caprici di Diablo have been fixed.

Other legal/security tweaks.

Other Notes:

Not officially in the patch notes but a couple things I’ve noticed with the difference between updates.

TU2 is the last one to support fully custom song sources. TU3 and TU4 will default them to regular DLC, but will instead only pull from official, pre-selected strings from the game files to use as a song source.

TU3 is the 1st update to support ugc_plus venues. What this means is that with any custom on TU2 and below, will basically have the band just walking around not doing anything on stage. The only thing to fix this is the MiloMod tool. https://rhythmgamingworld.com/forums/topic/milomod-a-tool-for-milo-venues/ Once run through that, everything runs as it should.

The highway transparency that was fixed, only makes a difference if you do not have a maxed out streak. The highway is the same for all Title Updates if you have a full streak. Prior to TU3, the highway is pretty see-through before it gets to the point.

Base Game/TU1

TU2

TU3

TU4

Link down below for all the Title Updates (If you were to use any of them, their current names will not work, they need to be renamed to “tu00000001_00000000” but without the “”.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/qa14hijkocgif/Rock_Band_3_Title_Updates

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by EzloDQ.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Farottone.
      EzloDQ
      Participant

Top picture is Base Game/TU1 with no combo on the left, full combo on the right
        Second picture is TU2 with no combo on the left, full combo on the right
        Third picture is TU3 with no combo on the left, full combo on the right
        Last picture is TU4 with no combo on the left, full combo on the right

alucardla
        Participant

I know this topic is old, but can you upload the title updates for rock band 3?
          cant find anywhere! tnx

EzloDQ
          Participant

Updated link for the different title updates

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mfgc4uhrs3su6/Title_Updates

alucardla
            Participant

thank you very much

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button