The new database is in beta version, new Internet address!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    duknine2
    Participant

I understand well the frustration you feel about how the site is still, it took a while for me to accept this new reality, the downgrade is not predictable, that’s how it will be until possibly the next phase as a whole. But while that doesn’t happen, you can still enjoy a little, discover new customs, browse the forums, read new articles and so on.

cleverest
      Participant

I appreciate the encouragement, it’s just a bummer. I was on a role creating customs, got over a dozen made…then this happened, ugh. Hopefully it can improve greatly soon..it’s unbearable to use as it is.

Hadock
        Participant

is it just me or is the side bugged? i can only see old releases, i hit on database or is that not the right place anymore if you want to check custom songs?

BornGamerRob
          Participant

Ya, definitely feels like the community, for trying to expand to include other communities, collapsed on itself. The daily postings, the long-time custom authors, the tip sharing and the ease of use all dried up. I know all my customs were impacted as the comments were all deleted, the song details were all obliterated, old links are the new link again (restoring old, busted versions) and most of the information is just now placeholder text that has no meaning (0.00 for time of song length). Manually correcting it is near impossible since you can’t really complete fixing anything. And the time it takes to do it would cost a lot since there are quite a few to update. I know we lost some pretty steady charters that I used to collaborate with. The taste of the new site was/is sour in their mouth as well. I think better to be great for the few than mediocre for the many.

Such a pity. I realize it’s all at no cost to anyone, but I do agree about opening it up and letting others pitch in and attempt to bring it back to when it was thriving. I miss those times. If anyone’s organizing a way to a revival, hit me up. Happy to help where I can.

For what it’s worth though, there are still quite a few people that download when I post new stuff. More so here than anywhere else. I do miss people commenting though. It used to be pretty easy and people would do it as a thank you, which I really enjoyed. Now, you’re lucky to get a comment with every 5 or so you post.

DrumsMeep
            Participant

I want to comment on someone’s chart but it’s so difficult to log in, I gave up.

mrmet2087
              Participant

Frets on fire is still up and running and has remained unchanged for no joke almost 20 years. I want the old site back.

Shroud
                Participant

I don’t have any problems with the new database…

The forums however have indeed dried up, but in my opinion that’s primarily because most discussions have moved to discord. I do have a couple of technical gripes with the new forums: not being able to edit old posts, and new posts often going into “awaiting moderations” for no reasons.

moc_os
                  Participant

when there is more than 1 version of a song, i can’t tell which one of the links is which. also i haven’t been able to download anything for 2 weeks now. timeout error.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by moc_os.
                    acidfrehley
                    Participant

New guy here. Just saw some of you complaining about the lack of comments on the uploads.

I guess this is totallye due to the difficulty to login to c3. I already tried to get the damn token on 3 browsers and 2 computers. The screen just flashes and nothing happens. No adblocker, incognito tab. Nothing works.

How can we comment if we cannot login?

Shroud
                      Participant

Someone suggested to clear the cookies if you keep being redirected to the token request

Gryffindor
                        Participant

cant even upload songs on here this new db is rubbish

soulkeeperx
                          Participant

Is the new database up at all anywhere? I’m still getting directed to the “C3 is not self hosting anymore” page

MacDuff20
                            Participant

Yes the new database is at https://rhythmverse.co/songfiles/game !

soulkeeperx
                              Participant

you’re a real one, tyvm

Sid Kafizz
                                Participant

Hi! I’m a former C3 customs user who has been spurred into action by the recent announcement of the [impending] end of official HMX DLC. I just dug my old 360 out of its hiding place and have verified that it still works, and now I’m trying to recreate my old “get new customs” workflow. Unfortunately, my old PC is gone and I need some help getting that moving. I’ve found the RhythmVerse and the old Score Hero instruction page, but I still have some need for experienced user help. I see that there may be a Discord Server, but I’m having trouble finding it. The link at the top of this post no longer works. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button