The new database is in beta version, new Internet address!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Shroud
    Participant

Also be aware you don’t have to log into the new database just to download customs. You should be able to download to your

[quote quote=519102]Also be aware you don’t have to log into the new database just to download customs. You should be able to download to your heart’s content just from the new DB’s search page:

https://db.c3universe.com/songs

That’s not true. On mobiles, every single time I try to go to db.c3universe.com/songs I get redirected to https://cp.c3universe.com/login?security_errors even though they are 2 different things. I have to enter my token and go back to the other page. It’s very annoying.

There is similar problem from a PC.

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

That’s not true. On mobiles, every single time I try to go to db.c3universe.com/songs I get redirected to https://cp.c3universe.com/login?security_errors even though they are 2 different things. I have to enter my token and go back to the other page. It’s very annoying.

There is similar problem from a PC.

I’ve seen that too, after I made my reply. I believe if you have stale cookies from an old login session, C3DB tries to use them, then redirects you to the login screen when they’re found to be invalid. The temporary solution would be to erase the cookies from c3universe.com and try the page again. The long-term solution will be for the server to flush the cookies and treat the session as not logged in, at least for pages that don’t require a login.

FujiSkunk
        Keymaster

…can we have it where in the search field for looking for songs, you can just type into it again, and it will start a new search? As it stands, you have to X out of the previous search, wait for a reload and then try the next search. kinda feel like that would cut down on some serious searching time.

You should be able to do a new search without clearing the old search first. Just type in your new search, hit the button and that will replace the current search.

mrmet2087
          Participant

I Can’t believe almost a year later and the database still moves painfully slow and times out half the time. I wish you guys wouldn’t have changed it, it was perfect the way it was.

GossamerSolid
            Participant

I Can’t believe almost a year later and the database still moves painfully slow and times out half the time. I wish you guys wouldn’t have changed it, it was perfect the way it was.

It’s especially painful lately.

It’s always been really slow since the update, but at least usable. Constant 504 timeouts lately.

cleverest
              Participant

I love the visual (basic) enhanced look of the new site, but it’s unreasonably slow and clunky…will this be improved with time? I don’t want to be negative, but I really preferred the old site, it actually worked well, at least for what I did… I’ve stopped making customs for now until things are more optimized…it’s been like a year since my last ones were uploaded to the site. (I think I have 11 on here) – is there any way I could help? I’m not coder, but maybe in some other way to get things progressing faster with the new database/site?

ferry34
                Participant

What a disaster.

Been away for 2-3 years and wanted to play my rockband again on my Xbox 360…was not reading discs.
                  Bought another one.

Unfortunately one of my usb-stick had got corrupted songs.

Turned my Windows XP pc on and the c3 tool did not start up.
                  Went to the site…everything is gone.

Redirected to this site pfff. Nothing works.
                  Download song gives a clock time error?

Tried party Buffalo but that doesn’t see my usb-sticks

WTF
                  Luckaly I got 1200 songs but I have 1800 on pc with no luck moving Them on a USB and I cannot download any songs.

I am very sad about this.

FujiSkunk
                  Keymaster

Sorry to hear about the troubles you’ve been having with discs and USB sticks. I can sympathize. I recently had to throw away one of my RB3 discs after a hub crack moved too far up the disc.

Depending on where and when you formatted your USB sticks, Party Buffalo may not recognize them because they’re using FAT32, not the XBox 360’s old method of proprietary formatting. In that case you can use C3 CON Tools to move songs to and from your sticks. PM me for more details if you need them.

As for the website and download links, we are still working to address the slowdown issues, but we do ask for patience. Everyone involved in tending to the DB and website has other jobs, ones that actually pay money and so demand more attention. I’m not giving that as an excuse, just as a reason why we humbly ask for patience. That said, the time-out issues are temporary most of the time. Often you can click the same DL link again a few seconds ore minutes later, and it will work. If you are getting consistent time-out issues or other errors, reply back here with more details and we’ll see what we can dig into. Just please be aware it may not be something we can solve immediately.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by FujiSkunk.
                    Brian
                    Participant

Hi! I’m trying to join the Discord to learn more. Can we have an updated invite link? Thank you!

MrPrezident

I sent you an invite, and anyone else reading this who would like to join us — please send me a message. Cheers

Keeping the content Canadian since 2017!

SomeOldGuys: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/someoldguys
                        MrPrezident: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/MrPrezident

danewayne
                        Participant

I’ve seen several people ask for an updated discord link, is this available?

I’m also having tremendous difficulty in restoring my Rock Band 2 exported songs to my song list in Rock Band 3. Given that Harmonix has allowed these licenses to lapse, can someone explain to me why these songs aren’t fair game to be added to the custom songs library at this point? You can’t purchase the songs any more, and Rock Band 1, 2 and 3 are over 10 years old. Is there a statute of limitations on the restrictions against custom songs that are NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE OR DOWNLOAD?

FujiSkunk
                          Keymaster

Harmonix can and often has relicensed songs from older games to make them available as Rock Band 4 DLC. They have often licensed songs previously released through the Rock Band Network as well. So, as long as Harmonix is promoting and offering content for the platform, we do not want to do anything that might hamper their business. This includes offering songs that were ever officially released for the game, even songs that aren’t available now. It’s frustrating, I know, but this is what keeps us on good terms with the company and allows the RB3 customs community to exist and thrive.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by FujiSkunk.
                            Christian Villa
                            Participant

hi

mrmet2087
                              Participant

So can we please have a discussion on what’s happening with this site and the database? This is ridiculous. I really miss the old C3 site. I was there almost day 1 and can’t believe how frustrating and painful this new site and DB is. Constant 504 timeouts like it’s 2001, everything takes minutes to load if you’re lucky, it’s completely sluggish and nothing is being done about it. It’s been 2 years with that notification on the top saying the DB is in beta so have patience, but 2 years later? Just bring back the old C3 website that actually worked. I never understand why people wish to improve on something that isn’t broken. From a long time contributor and maker of hundreds of widely played customs and someone who at one point had the most interacted with thread in all the forums, I can’t with this anymore. I’m still making some banger Video game and soundtrack related customs but I refuse to put them here until something is done about this site to make it close to what it once was: an actual functioning site. Thank you.

cleverest
                                Participant

I completely agree. This site is really sad compared to how it used to be.It’s a pain to use it at all, and I really loved it before.How many more years until it works again? Surely people can help more somehow? Donations for multiple servers, or coders, or something?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by cleverest.
                                  • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by cleverest.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button