The C3 Hint Thread March 13, 2015

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hey there Rockers,

I’m back for another week’s fun and games. Here are the hints for tracks to be released this week. I hope you enjoy playing along. Last week you guys did great, with some pretty tough clues. I knew there were some big brains out there out there in Rock City. That’s enough talking on with the show.

Let’s play,

– This track used another band member for lead vocals, not the lead singer. No wonder he keeps ending up back in the band.

– Despite sounding live this angry song is never played live. It was all effects added to a studio recording.

– This song has something in common with 3 of my favorite 100 movies of all time. It also has something in common with Romania.

– A rock and roll journalist co-wrote this track with a band member and a friend of the band. He also directed the video.

Thank you for checking these out. I’ll be back soon with more trivia. Have a nice week.

Rock out… Life is Short

i think the journalist who co wrote the song is del james and my guess is we will be seeing guns n’ roses. Garden of Eden or yesterday perhaps.

FujiSkunk
    Keymaster

Hmmmm…

This track used another band member for lead vocals, not the lead singer. No wonder he keeps ending up back in the band.

“He.” That rules out “These Dreams” by Heart. Complete and total long shot: “Starrider” by Foreigner?

Despite sounding live this angry song is never played live. It was all effects added to a studio recording.

Angry song that sounds live but isn’t played live. Well, “Bennie and the Jets” isn’t angry and “Run like Hell” gets plenty of concert exposure, so it’s not those. Does Weird Al ever do “Alimony” live?

This song has something in common with 3 of my favorite 100 movies of all time. It also has something in common with Romania.

As coincidence would have it, I recently contributed to a free concert by Sarah Vienna, an upcoming artist who also heads a relief ministry for Romanian orphans and abandoned children. I’m betting it’s not any of her tunes, but that’s my closest guess.

A rock and roll journalist co-wrote this track with a band member and a friend of the band. He also directed the video.

The closest I got is the Art of Noise which used to have a journalist as a member, but I don’t think he directed any of their videos.

As usual, I don’t have any guesses as my musical knowledge isn’t nearly as good as some here, but I do love reading through these hint threads. I hope they continue!

Wanted to redo my guess. Not Garden of Eden, the Garden I meant. Always get those two mixed up. The Garden and Yesterday was co-written with Axl Rose and their band friend Wes Arkeen. On his bio for Del James it says hes directed music videos for GNR, but didn’t allude to which videos. I think because the clue made no mention of guest vocalists like Alice Cooper or Shannon Hoon, my guess is Yesterday. There was a drums only custom floating around here a few months back.

This track used another band member for lead vocals, not the lead singer. No wonder he keeps ending up back in the band.

This is a long shot, but I’m going to say Stone Temple Pilots – Out Of Time (Feat) Chester Bennington

Hey there Rockers,

– Despite sounding live this angry song is never played live. It was all effects added to a studio recording.

This wouldn’t possibly be GnR’s “Get in the Ring”, would it?

Hey there Rockers,

This wouldn’t possibly be GnR’s “Get in the Ring”, would it?

yeah, i think it’s get in the ring. They added the crowd effects from their 1991 concert in new york. So that makes two GNR songs yesterdays and get in the ring as my guesses.

mcatrn
      Participant
        This song has something in common with 3 of my favorite 100 movies of all time. It also has something in common with Romania.

I’ll guess Civil War to round out the GNR pack. And I’ll take a stab at the movies…Glory for sure. Gone With the Wind seems safe. Gettysburg as number 3?

Anonymous

I hope one of them is alcoholic related, haha. Joking ofcourse, just would be amusing to me since my birthday is this weekend (21st one).

Anyways. I really have no idea honestly.

RBPUK
          Participant

Something to do with Dracula and Transylvania?

No idea what song though :confused:

Hard this week!

Civil war by GNR. Cool hand Luke is one of your favourite movies and the song was included in a compilation to benefit Romanian orphans prior to coming out on the bloated use your illusion albums

I call three pack of GNR.

Yesterday’s or The Garden (probably yesterdays)

Civil war

Get in the ring (aka why do you look at me when you hate me)

Couple hours before the songs are announced. I want to take a stab at the first clue

My guess: It’s either 14 years, So Fine, Attitude or Dust N’ Bones. Technically Izzy and Duff keeps making guest appearances but i don’t think he’s officially back in the band. GNR 4 pack?

Hey there rockers,

Good job this week. Just so it is clear, the hint about films was referring to Strother Martin. Strother Martin did the clip about a failure to communicate in Civil War. That clip was from “Cool Hand Luke”. It is one if my favorite films. He was also Chong’s father in “Up in Smoke” and the team manager from “Slap Shot”. Both are amongst my favorite films as well. Good detective work this week. Thank you for playing. Next week will be more difficult.

Rock out… Life is Short

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button