tempo mapping troubles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DGD

i need help with tempo mapping. im trying to tempo map a song called Taking Time For All the Wrong Things by jonny craig.(

).i understand what downbeats and upbeats are by definition but i dont understand how to identify them and where to place my tempo markers.

pic below, i have my song starting on 3.1. also i have watched pksages’ twitch video where he talks about peaks in each measure and stuff like that but i still dont get it and drummerrockbands tempo mapping tut but i still dont get it. please explain it to me like im a noob (cus i am)! thank you to anyone who replies!Screenshot_3.png

Try tapping along with the song. When you’ve got the tempo down, try to accent your taps, such that louder taps make sense with the music. Usually accented taps will fall on downbeats. That’s most likely your cue to start a new measure. If several measures keep (almost) the same BPM, you’ve probably got it right.

As far as I can tell, this song is in 4/4, so it shouldn’t be too hard, but not every measure starts with a kick, so be sure to tap along and start a new measure every 4 beats.

Let us know how it goes!

Farottone
      Keymaster

Find the snares, align them to the 2 and the 4 of each measure and you’re good to go for the first minute I’ve listened to. Kicks are on the 1 only one every 2 measures.

bsbloom
        Participant

A website like song_bpm helps. That says that the beats per minute is 75. If you set this up with 4/4 75 bpm in Reaper, the mapping should be easy – I gave it a quick try and found snare drums at 3.2, 3.4, 4.2, 4.4, and so on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button