Song ID change = song not showing up?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anyone experienced this before? I’m trying to change the song IDs to the “wipeproof” ID systems, however, changing ID’s is resulting in the songs not showing up, this happens with mostly older customs it seems (stuff like Stacy’s Mom, Hey Ya) and some older C3 songs from the start (although other songs from the same release will work fine, for example, I successfully changed the ID on Muse’s “Plug In Baby”, but “You’re The Best” doesn’t show with the new ID

Any way of fixing it or will I just have to cut my losses and have some songs stars delete when I rebuild cache?

Farottone
    Keymaster

Change ID and filename and make sure the ID is unique (as in you’re properly using your author’s ID).

File names are all changed to “Artist – Song Name” then packed into a custom pack (although, i’ve tried them unpacked too with the same error)

ID is unique, and for example, the top of my game currently says “Viewing all 221 songs” instead of normally when it would say something like “Viewing 220 of 221” that normally happens with a ID conflict.

I changed the ID in the same way, using my C3 author ID I entered it into magma C3 and got the format for the song ID, then I manually changed them using the “Change Song ID” function in C3 Con Tools. I went through one by one with my setlist and even changed the ID’s I assigned them incase of a conflict (I actually had an issue of one of the ID’s conflicting with some RB1 Era DLC) but that didn’t help either.

Taking “Immigrant Song” by Led Zeppelin as an example, I opened it up in C3 Con Tools, changed the ID, hit save and then packed it, song opens and plays fine in visualizer etc. but the game refuses to even see it exists even when it’s the only RB content on the drive.

To be sure your ID is unique you could try a random combination of 8 numbers, or any number of numbers that isn’t 1,2,3,7 or 10. Reason is that 1,2,3 are used by HMX, 7 are used for RBNs and 10 are used by Magma C3. Since you are on xbox (I assume?) ID is not very important due to lack of leaderboards ,online play and saving scores. As long as every song is unique it should work.

Other problems could be (I could be wrong though, I’m on wii and things might be different) the path to the song inside the DTA (where the DTA shows where are the files), or simply a typo in the DTA. Those things shouldnt happen if it was compiled by magma, unless the author tempered with the DTA,

To be sure your ID is unique you could try a random combination of 8 numbers, or any number of numbers that isn’t 1,2,3,7 or 10. Reason is that 1,2,3 are used by HMX, 7 are used for RBNs and 10 are used by Magma C3. Since you are on xbox (I assume?) ID is not very important due to lack of leaderboards ,online play and saving scores. As long as every song is unique it should work.

Other problems could be (I could be wrong though, I’m on wii and things might be different) the path to the song inside the DTA (where the DTA shows where are the files), or simply a typo in the DTA. Those things shouldnt happen if it was compiled by magma, unless the author tempered with the DTA,

ID does matter as it allows custom songs to save into the save file rather than the song cache, which then goes away on cache rebuilds (which I have to do frequently as with all my dlc/rbn/exports/customs etc on the xbox I typically sit very close to the limit.

It’s also not a song ID conflict, normally when you have a conflict, it will display at the top “showing XXXX of XXXX songs” for example, where I don’t have that as an error, and trying on a different drive with no RB data at all, they don’t show up in the setlist (although get detected by the initial loading)

Farottone
      Keymaster

Are you sure the file is being copied properly on the USB key?

I can’t see why they wouldn’t be, I did it the same way I’ve done all my other customs since the Xbox 360 hard drive update and it all shows up fine in the dashboard etc

I’m starting to think it may be due to how the files were built? The customs I’m having problems with are generally quite old (For example I’m using the Led Zeppelin 01 pack which were among the first C3 releases, along with a few other songs released among the same time period and pre C3 customs such as Gangsters Paradise, Forget About Dre, The Next Episode etc)

TBH, even on wii I’ve had songs that doesn’t show up, but packing/unpacking on wii is tedious and I didn’t really found the cause (or even the songs) and I just abandonned. It could be a number of things though, could be a missing file, wrong named file, the path to the files inside the DTA could be wrong too, or even a typo.

Since you already know which songs they are, I suggest looking very carefully in the DTA to spot anything wrong, often it’s the brackets, either one more, missing, or simply misplaced.

I think I found the error, seems to be due to them being built with the older version of Magma, can probably fix with a rebuild luckily.

Rebuilding will fix it, there’s no doubt about that, but I really wonder why an older version of magma would be the cause, unless it was a release with a nasty bug. Even the oldest C3 runs fine even though they have invalid IDs, scores/lb and online just doesn’t work because of it, but should be loadable and playable.

Oh they’re loadable and playable, just when you attempt to edit the song ID that seems to break something and they then fail to load

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button