Search function buggy?

Tagged: , ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’ve recently been having an issue where the search function is broken and won’t show any results for certain searches. Like today, I searched “Earth, Wind & Fire” and I get no results. But, if I search September, I get the song to pop up. I even copied and pasted the artist name to test this and it still comes up with no results. I have been able to search artist names in the past, what happened? This had happened when I was trying to find a Billie Eillish song too. I wanted to check if there were any updates for it but I can’t get to the page for it through search. I remember downloading it some time ago and I know it exists because I have it installed in my game.

Is anybody else having similar issues? Thanks

Bansheeflyer

Are you referring to searching the customs page or the forums? I just searched “Earth, Wind & Fire” and was able to find results, odd that it wouldn’t show anything for you.

The search function is a little finicky with special characters sometimes but I don’t think it would affect anything here.

FUGGNUTZ
      Participant

For the Billie Eilish song, you’re probably talking about my Bad Guy chart. It got pulled when the song became DLC in RB4.

hardcoredrummer
        Participant

never really had an issue other than for bands with special characters in their name. you have to put Mötley Crüe in with the accents or a lot of their tracks don’t come up. same with pink being spelled like P!nk. I think there are a few tracks by some authors that used the normal non special character spelling but majority did with the special characters.

there should be a best practices thing about naming so you find all the artist tracks under one heading but there isn’t…for simplicity i wouldn’t put the special characters so they can be searched easier but have them obviously show up in game….

plus some bands have changed their name over the years like matchbox twenty changing to matchbox 20

rubydanger
          Participant

John Cougar will keep you busy then

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button