Rock Band Rivals: The Expansion Pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    samjjones
    Participant

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-rivals-announced-plus-fendertm-jaguartm-guitar-controller-revealed/

Thoughts?

The guitar looks sexy. Will any of these “brand new modes” be needle movers?

Kemiroch
      Participant

Rivals makes it sound PVP related. If so, that’s a big No from me.

Perhaps they will surprise me, though.

The hardware all looks cool. Great news for drummers. But if I don’t want to play the game, even a solid gold guitar means diddly squat.

Sideshow
        Participant

Disappointed that Rivals mode wasn’t revealed in more detail. Why hold back this info at E3 unless they still don’t have it all fleshed out yet. I’m more hyped for the XboxOne Scorpio. Microsoft is being very aggressive towards Sony after such a shitty launch of the XboxOne.

Gigakoops
          Participant

All we know is the name, the price ($30 for an expansion pack!!!!!), that it’s releasing around the holidays, and that it’ll somehow incorporate online multiplayer. I’m not altogether impressed by this yet, though I know pretty much next to nothing about what it actually is. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

As for what I’m predicting, I’m thinking the title may refer to some sort of competitive element. Perhaps they’ll implement some sort of score competition mode, similar to that in RB2. They may also add things similar to Blitz, where you can challenge a friend to beat your high score. The high price makes me think some songs will be included as well. Perhaps we’ll see some challenging songs, or maybe some hits? Either it’s that or it’s more HMX bands.

Bansheeflyer

All we know is the name, the price ($30 for an expansion pack!!!!!)

That’s the price most expansion packs run for. Civilization V, World of Warcraft, EVE, Fallout 4, even Call of Duty: United Offensive was about the equivalent of that when it first launched.

TrojanNemo
              Participant

For some reason I expected it to be $10 or $15 at most…for twice that much it better be a real expansive expansion and not the shitty add-on I expected it to be.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

That’s the price most expansion packs run for. Civilization V, World of Warcraft, EVE, Fallout 4, even Call of Duty: United Offensive was about the equivalent of that when it first launched.

Yeah. Those are games that have many different things to do.

Rock Band you play music. That’s it.

FujiSkunk
                Keymaster

Tell that to the people constantly asking for more story modes, character editor options, venues and expansions for anything besides songs.

Kemiroch
                  Participant

Tell that to the people constantly asking for more story modes, character editor options, venues and expansions for anything besides songs.

I will admit to being one of these people (not asking per se, but wanting this).

Rock Band 3 already has the best band simulation aspect, with pro g/b/k, and a ton of great songs that 4 will NEVER have (not even including customs). They gotta go a different direction to get people like me. Why do they need people like me? I dunno.

FujiSkunk
                    Keymaster

Rock Band 3 already has the best band simulation aspect, with pro g/b/k, and a ton of great songs that 4 will NEVER have (not even including customs). They gotta go a different direction to get people like me. Why do they need people like me? I dunno.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, by any means. I’m in it for the music, but I’ve read plenty from people who are just as passionate about the potential RPG and character-driven elements of the game as I am about the music. Those people are just as ready to give money to Harmonix as I am. Therefore, they (and you) matter.

soulkeeperx
                      Participant

Sounds like they’ll be adding some competitive modes, which is right up my alley, I haven’t touched RB4 in months because there’s no online play even for people not looking to go head-to-head

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button