Rock Band 2 Customs

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • Author

You can also play online with the PS3 version, though most people find it risky to use a CFW online with custom content, but I haven’t been ban trying it. (need to use precaution though, DO NOT boot the game with anything else than the XMB, and use PSNPAtch!!!!!)

You can also play online with the PS3 version, though most people find it risky to use a CFW online with custom content, but I haven’t been ban trying it. (need to use precaution though, DO NOT boot the game with anything else than the XMB, and use PSNPAtch!!!!!)

Yeah, I meant safely though, you can also play customs online on 360 with a modded console too

Yeah there’s nothing safer than the wii, especially since Nintendo shutted down the NWFC lol. (Myself playing RB3 online on dolphin)

Yeah there’s nothing safer than the wii, especially since Nintendo shutted down the NWFC lol. (Myself playing RB3 online on dolphin)

I always tried to get dophin working but never could sadly, oh well.

Charting question: RB2 requires all Unison Bonus’s to include all instruments, to offset this i’ve simply killed the unison bonus (moving say, drums overdrive slightly before guitar), what is peoples preferences inregards to this where a complete unison is impossible (For example, the intro to Paranoid Android)?

EDIT: There is also another option

I can keep the unison in there, but it won’t function properly when a player is present on an instrument that is missing from the Unison. (for example, a guitar/drum team would get the unison, but a guitar/bass/drums combo wouldn’t), This is the way i’m leaning atm but im wondering what would be your guys preferred version?

Oddbrother
    Participant

I vote for default rules as required in RBN. Any unison phrases that don’t cover all instruments should be deleted.

Gigakoops
      Participant

So I have a question.

I worked late last night on RB2 ports for “Oh My…/Death by Glamour” and “Your Best Nightmare/Finale” from the Undertale soundtrack. I got Death by Glamour to work flawlessly, but when it came to Your Best Nightmare, it just wouldn’t load for the life of me. After fruitlessly rebuilding the con file, I decided to see if it at least loaded in RB3, and found that it actually did… but Death by Glamour didn’t. So I decided to delete Death by Glamour and reload RB2, and lo and behold, Your Best Nightmare showed up. But the weird thing is, it showed that I had already played it, and got the score I got on Death by Glamour. So I’m left to conclude that the game thinks they’re both the same song.

Is there any way to remedy this, by any chance? Both ports seem to work quite well, but I don’t want to release them, have people download both, and run into the same problems I am. I’ve tried changing the song ID to Your Best Nightmare quite a few times, though it’s never worked.

So remove one overdrive phase or just offset it enough that it doesn’t count as a unison anymore? Keeping unison bonus keeps accuracy to the original chart but has the issue with full band play.

I’m about half way done converting Radiohead’s “OK Computer” (Up to Let Down/Karma Police) but holding off releasing them until I find a answer for this issue.

Rocker1999
        Participant

So I have a question.

I worked late last night on RB2 ports for “Oh My…/Death by Glamour” and “Your Best Nightmare/Finale” from the Undertale soundtrack. I got Death by Glamour to work flawlessly, but when it came to Your Best Nightmare, it just wouldn’t load for the life of me. After fruitlessly rebuilding the con file, I decided to see if it at least loaded in RB3, and found that it actually did… but Death by Glamour didn’t. So I decided to delete Death by Glamour and reload RB2, and lo and behold, Your Best Nightmare showed up. But the weird thing is, it showed that I had already played it, and got the score I got on Death by Glamour. So I’m left to conclude that the game thinks they’re both the same song.

Is there any way to remedy this, by any chance? Both ports seem to work quite well, but I don’t want to release them, have people download both, and run into the same problems I am. I’ve tried changing the song ID to Your Best Nightmare quite a few times, though it’s never worked.

Sounds like an issue with the random string name for the files and songs.dta. https://youtu.be/pIpuP4gUR-s?t=15m27s

So I have a question.

Not really relevant to the question, but how are you getting them to show up in RB3? Are you using a modded Xbox and LIVE files or putting them in a different folder than 45410869/00000001?

Even trying the port you released, it only shows up in RB2 for me, it doesn’t show up in RB3 at all.

So I have a question.

Only thing I can say is try reloading the song cache, same way you do for rb3 but in rb2 obviously

Gigakoops
          Participant

Sounds like an issue with the random string name for the files and songs.dta. https://youtu.be/pIpuP4gUR-s?t=15m27s

I was actually using the literal song IDs that the RB3 versions have, was thinking it’d save me the trouble of using a random code string generator, and would be more authentic. I’ve tried changing Your Best Nightmare’s song ID by increments of 1, though it seems I should go for something entirely different.

Not really relevant to the question, but how are you getting them to show up in RB3? Are you using a modded Xbox and LIVE files or putting them in a different folder than 45410869/00000001?

Even trying the port you released, it only shows up in RB2 for me, it doesn’t show up in RB3 at all.

I just use RBtoUSB to put the files on the flash drive, wonder if it has some sort of way of sorting it so it shows up in RB3 as well. It’s worth reiterating that I am using the digital on-demand version of the game, and as thus can’t play them even if they show up in my songs library.

Only thing I can say is try reloading the song cache, same way you do for rb3 but in rb2 obviously

I’ve tried that, and ran into the same issue. I even tried not creating a song cache, and only after I deleted Death by Glamour did it work.

It seems I should change the song ID for one of the two songs to one I get from the string generator. I’ll report back with how that all worked.

I don’t know, I tested it recently and letters in the id should work…although i never tested multiple at the same time though. That might be an issue…

Letters in songid on wii would prevent online functions, even if the song is working fine outside that.

Yeah from the sounds of things, the game treats all letter ids as though they’re the same. Try to avoid using them in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TrojanNemo
            Participant

You guys are a missing a crucial point there. The game is designed to take numeric IDs within a certain range (if RB2 is designed in any way like RB3, which I think so). In RB3, whenever the song ID is alphanumeric, the game converts that to a numeric value based on the string. If that string is used twice, the resulting numeric values should match, and so you get an ID conflict even then. That’s why Magma: C3 and C3 CON Tools’s Phase Shift Converter have the option to replace IDs with proper numeric IDs in the range the game expects. It may be that RB2, instead of converting to a unique numeric value based on the string, it just says “fuck this ID that I don’t understand, I’m going to make it be 999999” and if it does that for every song with an invalid ID, then you’ll have conflicts.

So you’ll have to figure out the valid ranges for song IDs and make sure the songs have numeric IDs within those ranges. When I get home I can provide the valid ones for RB3, but I don’t know that they will work with RB2.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button