Rock Band 2 Customs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • Author

Yes, you read that title right. Rock Band 2 Customs were found recently. And I’m not talking audition mode or something like that. Customs much like how we do with Rock Band 3. Except with one added thing… Online!

It was original discovered in this video by Acai28. A couple days later, he made this video giving further details on how you get them and how they work.

Basically, the current (after fine tuning some of Acai’s methods and modernizing them) process is generally this:

Take midi and fix it up for RB2 (i.e remove keys and other extraneous tracks, remove non-rb2 compatible notes)

Rebuild song in Magma v1

Extract files from the produced RBA

Do some more fixing up, prepare to build file

Build file

Put onto flash drive (usually via RBtoUS:cool:

Plug flash drive into xbox and load up RB2

Now, as mentioned before, this works online, which is the main selling point for me and a bunch of other people.

Over on Team Triggy Stardust, we have gone for a few custom Full Band FCs. Now, we have a few people doing conversions whenever we feel the desire to. However we’re still encountering lots and lots of Magma v1 errors (shocking I know), but we’re able to get around them with enough time.

Except the issue of Magma v1 not allowing you to do anything longer than 10 minutes. None of us are coders, so we can’t really do much with that.

Now there are two reasons I’m making this post:

1: Obviously, so anyone who WANTS to know about this can.

2: I want to know if anyone here has any desire to try to help us find ways around stuff. A C3 (or at least updated) version of Magma v1 would be very helpful, as the current Magma v1 is just a chore.

So, is there anyone here who is interested in this and/or would like to help us?

Here is a link where you can find any conversions we’re already done thus far, as well as where you can make a request for a conversion.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G90FZZVwHt3O_t9Wr0NH5BY64fnKCb1-dpXQHnWi81E/edit?ts=574caa7d#gid=0

(If you feel this is in the wrong forum section, feel free to move it to where you feel it fits most)

Here is a link to a video on how to convert (with the method to get multiple at once as well as section names). It’s mostly updated now. We’re still discovering new stuff so if enough gets found that we decide warrants another video, another shall be made (likely by me that time, as we seem to be going in a cycle of who makes the video).

If you do any conversions, PLEASE PM a download link of them to me, and keep them somewhere on your file host that you won’t delete them from! I will add them to the spreadsheet and use the link you sent me for them! Just please make sure you use to process for making them compatible with others as used in the video above.

TrojanNemo
    Participant

Good work. Wish I could dedicate time to help with this, but I really can’t. Good luck!

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

You shouldn’t be having a problem with multiple customs, I have converted a few myself and they all work in RB2 fine, although I haven’t actually been able to test online due to being unable to find someone who is willing to play customs and owns RB2., infact, a decent custom i’d say is impossible to tell apart in my setlist screen (I even have album art etc, not sure if you all figured that out?)

What error are you having? If the error is only happening online let me know, provided I can have someone to test with i’m happy to look into any problems.

Also, the 10 minute should be able to be worked around using a combination of Magma v1 and C3 I believe, the limitation is only in magma, so maybe if you get the charts in a RB2 usable format first and build the mogg with C3 it may work? The problems I encounted with my experiments was more due to the DTA files than anything else…

If you want to PM me any of the con files you are having trouble with, feel free to and i’ll try take a look

Can someone shoot me a link to magma v1?

You can choose in what folder the song goes in RB3 inside the DTA (RBN, DLC, RB1, etc), can’t you do the same on RB2? RB2 customs has been a while (I’Ve played them on wii before RB3’s release) but IIRC you can even create folders, something you can’t do on RB3.

Oddbrother
      Participant

I’m surprised that people still have MAGMA v1.

GHisFozzy
        Blocked

i still have it but you can still Download

The Other Side
          Participant

That’s so rad. Thanks to Açaí, if he’s reading this.

edit: does anyone have a RBN 1.0 Reaper template? I’d like to convert some of my customs to RB2.

The rbntools reaper install thingy actually includes the rbn1 reaper template.

Although technically you don’t need any template to do it. You can do it all just importing the midi directly into REAPER (how I usually do it).

Sideshow
            Participant

Pretty cool exploit. Has anybody tried to see what the song limit is for RB2?

Pretty cool exploit. Has anybody tried to see what the song limit is for RB2?

Back in the days on wii people have had over 6-7k customs without a problem. I don’t think RB2 has a limit.

Someone needs to start converting all C3 songs and add them to the database or a seperate one. The ability to play any custom in a full band with friends is astonishing and a remarkable achievement to say the least. The whole converting phase will be a daunting task for some though.

Sideshow
              Participant

If only RB2 had pro drums I’d be all over this. Very cool achievement none the less.

You can choose in what folder the song goes in RB3 inside the DTA (RBN, DLC, RB1, etc), can’t you do the same on RB2? RB2 customs has been a while (I’Ve played them on wii before RB3’s release) but IIRC you can even create folders, something you can’t do on RB3.

I haven’t had success with changing the folders, it’s set to RB2 as game origin by default which sorts as a download song, but typing in my own string there results in the game still sorting as a download song, I assume anything the game doesn’t recognise it sorts into DLC, Green Day Rock Band’s songs (which sort correctly in RB3) origin is classed as “greenday”, Lego Rock Band sorts under DLC too despite it’s origin being listed as “lego”

Someone needs to start converting all C3 songs and add them to the database or a seperate one. The ability to play any custom in a full band with friends is astonishing and a remarkable achievement to say the least. The whole converting phase will be a daunting task for some though.

This may not be possible for all sadly, I have tried to convert the custom of The Mars Volta’s Cassandra Gemini which is 30 minutes long (and such, is a manual conversion process missing out Magma and manually creating most files), and the vocal chart keeps crashing despite instrument charts being fine… I believe this may be due to skipping out the lipsync and weights generator?, Magma C3 also has different stands to Magma V1 so charts require quite a bit of manual fixing to pass. I also have to downgrade any multi track songs down to single track too.

I’m trying to work around the 10 minute limitation, but I’m having trouble figuring it out.

All that being said, if anyone is interested in RB2 customs, drop me a line. I’ve been running little tests of my own for the last few months so I’m happy to help anyone whos curious or assist anyone in getting customs to the level they are with RB3, same with i’d like any help to figure out why Cassandra is crashing.

If it’s fine with the admins here, I can post a quick conversion I made of “F.C.P. R.E.M.I.X” and “Paranoid Android” if anyone wants to try out RB2 customs for themselves, I can also attempt to convert anything specific people want (admins, should I open a thread for that if its okay, since I understand if you guys want to keep everything RB3 related to avoid confusion)

If only RB2 had pro drums I’d be all over this. Very cool achievement none the less.

I wish RB2 had pro drums too, I’ve settled for just playing the Pro Drum chart without the notation.

We’ve actually started on customs conversions and have about 20 done. Some are from Legacy C3 but majority of the others are from the current customs database.

The main issue is it’s very time consuming to convert them (more than like not as much as making them originally obviously, but it’s an annoying process to say the least.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button