R.I.P. Neil Peart

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    AJFOne23
    Participant

I was so sad to see this news. Neil was one of the greatest drummers of all time. Too all those who got to see him live I envy you.

https://pitchfork.com/news/neil-peart-drummer-and-lyricist-of-rush-dead-at-67/

Hamiltron
      Participant

Oh this is sad news…

THE greatest drummer in all of music history! He will be missed dearly… RIP Neil Peart

mrcoupdetat
        Participant

Yeah, this was a bit of a gut punch for me too. He was a beast behind the kit.

Sideshow
          Participant

Hope your in a better place Peart.

Bansheeflyer

He’s with his wife and daughter now.

Thank you for everything, Neil.

The Other Side
              Participant

I nearly fell off my chair when I heard the news. Greatest drummer of all time, gone. Just like that.

The Aftermath
                Participant

I need to do something… oh yes a Phase shift FC of his best song!

MrBurpler
                  Participant

Brutal. Three years battling cancer apparently. Best drummer ever! He’ll be missed 100%

beard216
                    Participant

Supposedly, the brain cancer was the actual reason behind Rush retiring as a band.

ws54
                      Participant

Saw Rush in 1975 around the time Caress of Steel came out. I didn’t know who they were at the time. I’ve had the privilege of seeing them 15-20 times over the years up until 2015 and they kept getting better. It is still hard to believe someone so strong could be silenced like this.

Bansheeflyer

Supposedly, the brain cancer was the actual reason behind Rush retiring as a band.

That was actually one of my first thoughts as it was around three years ago they decided to stop. I can’t imagine how difficult it must have been to keep that quiet for so long and hide all that from everyone.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button