R.I.P. Chris Cornell 1964-2017

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

We’ve lost yet another amazingly talented musician, I can’t believe Chris Cornell is no longer with us.

Was fortunate enough to see him with soundgarden and even more luckier to meet him with audioslave, he was very humble and gracious but when the stage lights came on WOW! what a singer/performer/musician. Truly a sad day. My thoughts and prayers go to his family.

TheSheepQueen
    Participant

Update: Cause of death has been determined, he took his own life by hanging himself

Now it’s even more surprising than his age…

apricot
      Participant

God damn we just had to lose another one

MissingElements
        Participant

It’s a shame he had to go. He was such a talented and beloved musician

This news is so devastating…one the most talented vocal artists on earth, gone far too early.

a fantastic artist such a voice R.I.P Chris

samjjones
          Participant

Horrible news and situation. I feel very badly for his family and friends.

Such an incredible talent.

AJFOne23
            Participant

GUITAR: Puppetz

DRUM ANIMATIONS: MrBurpler

“Face Pollution” is a brief, angular heavy metal assault that is extremely catchy, fast (*drum roll* FACE PO–LU–TION!! *drum roll* FACE PO–LU–TION!!), and has a lot energy.

GUITAR/BASS/VOCALS: Colonel 32dll

DRUM ANIMATIONS: MrBurpler

Cornell had a specific death in mind when he wrote the seven-minute coda of “Superunknown.” “I was writing the music to that in may basement when I heard this loud thump from above,” Cornell told Melody Maker in 1994. “When I got to the door, there was this beautiful female robin writhing on the ground. She’d broken her neck flying into the window. It was obviously broken, flipped back…” Cameron’s drums start out front, marking time, bass is next, growling, cresting guitars follow, finally Cornell comes in with a steady tenor, singing, “dazed out in a garden bed with a broken neck lays my broken gift.” Thayil and his ax go on full attack from there. Later, as the music swirls, he sings, “She lived like a murder but she died / just like suicide.”

UPDATE note: if you already DL’ed the old version, this one will not replace it. Please delete the old one.

I love the song “arms around your love” and ” i am the highway” and I would like more if I was in the rock band

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button