Retaining customization and history between sessions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, or just not doing something right, but is there a way to save band customization and performance history from session to session? I can create a character and customize my band and stand-ins, and play, but once I quit the game and try to sign in again, all customization and progress is lost.

I don’t play online, nor do I have any intention to. My XBox RockBand 3 is solely for playing customs. So what I have is a 32GB flash drive which has Title Update 4 and a copy of RB3 Song Cache from the hard drive, and I injected almost 450 customs (in multiple files) into the Saved Game folder. Every time I start the game, it tells me that Autosave is disabled because I’m running an older version, and I decline updating it. Then it asks me if I want to customize my band.

The crazy thing is, a couple months ago, I had an 8GB flash drive with a small sampling of customs on it, and I was able to retain my band and my scores and ratings between sessions. I added the Genesis collection and still retained my scores and custom characters. I recently bought a 32GB stick in order to really build up my library, and since I’ve switched to this, I don’t have any retention between sessions.

What needs to be on this stick/what do I have to do in order to not start from 0 fans every time I play? I’ve tried searching and re-watching the tutorials, but I’m not sure what I’m missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you tried saving data to the console itself? Hoping something like that works. I “have” this issue when I go from TU5 to TU4 (basically from digital to hard copy). My recommendation would to disconnect COMPLETELY from the internet when playing customs, considering autosaving is turned off when you play online.

Farottone
    Keymaster

The answer is always the same: use 2 sticks, identical in structure, with all game data files for each version (one TU4, one TU5). The only difference is that the TU4 stick is gonna have all the customs songs on it. Keep nothing on the HDD (no cache, no profiles, no savegame data, no XBox accounts, etc.) except for your DLCs.

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

Is it really essential to have no XBox accounts on the hard drive? I keep my “offline” account on the stick with TU4, but my usual Live account is on the hard drive, since that’s also the account I use to play all other games. Everything else for playing RB3 online (profile, game saves, etc.) is on the TU5 stick. I haven’t had any issues.

Farottone
        Keymaster
          Is it really essential to have no XBox accounts on the hard drive? I keep my “offline” account on the stick with TU4, but my usual Live account is on the hard drive, since that’s also the account I use to play all other games. Everything else for playing RB3 online (profile, game saves, etc.) is on the TU5 stick. I haven’t had any issues.

My TU4 account is not enabled for Internet access so there is no chance the game gets updated or that I get asked everytime to update without having to change connection preferences. That’s about it, nothing more I can think of.

FujiSkunk
          Keymaster

Okay, cool. Yeah, my TU4 account is strictly offline also. During the last big RBHP update I did have some issues where the online account was saving stuff to the hard drive again, but once I forced all the saving back onto the TU5 stick, all was well.

My TU4 account is not enabled for Internet access so there is no chance the game gets updated or that I get asked everytime to update without having to change connection preferences. That’s about it, nothing more I can think of.

So you don’t even get prompted to update?

I’m not sure why I am though. I’ve never played RB online with the XBox, and I don’t think I’ve ever actually connected this console to the internet.

As is stands, I have no need to ever play TU5, since all I use the XBox for is RB Customs. (All my DLC is on my PS3.) Which is why I don’t have a need for a TU5/online stick, and figured I could just do everything with with this TU4 stick.

Farottone
            Keymaster

Nope, my Xbox account is strictly offline.

FujiSkunk
              Keymaster

Same here. When using an account created as “offline” or “local” (I forget the exact wording; essentially it is not a “Live” account), games will not connect to the Live service or check for updates. Once or twice I’ve accidentally logged in with my online account while on the TU4 stick, and I’ve been prompted for an update. All I had to do was decline the update, log out of that account, then restart the game.

Same here. When using an account created as “offline” or “local” (I forget the exact wording; essentially it is not a “Live” account), games will not connect to the Live service or check for updates. Once or twice I’ve accidentally logged in with my online account while on the TU4 stick, and I’ve been prompted for an update. All I had to do was decline the update, log out of that account, then restart the game.

Okay, I have to figure out how to do this then. I don’t have a Live account, but I have two XBox profiles that are there when I turn the XBox on. I’m pretty dense with the XBox stuff, so perhaps I need to wait until I get home tonight and take a closer look at what I’m actually doing before I continue trying to sort this out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button