Rename + Change Artwork for Custom Songs [XBOX 360]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tom Hanks
    Participant

Hello,
      I downloaded some custom songs from this page today. When I put these on my XBOX 360, I’ve seen that some songs have a much too long name or a pixelated album cover.

(Some song names are so long that you can not read them anymore)

Is there a way to rename downloaded songs and change the cover so that the name and the cover are displayed in the game as well (RockBand3 XBOX 360)?

Thank you in advance for all the information.

change the dta file..but ya have to be cautious you dont make a conflict or break said dta file..its safer to let it be authors know what they are doing

Shroud
      Participant

Changing a song’s title is easy, just edit the “songs.dta” file. There, you can also change artist name, instruments difficulties, instruments volumes (only negative values though) and a few other useful things.

Changing a custom’s cover art may not be as simple as replacing the xbox_png file, at least I am not sure, but there are probably some formats requirements. Instead, you can create a new valid cover art file using Magma.

Tom Hanks
        Participant

Changing a song’s title is easy, just edit the “songs.dta” file. There, you can also change artist name, instruments difficulties, instruments volumes (only negative values though) and a few other useful things.

Changing a custom’s cover art may not be as simple as replacing the xbox_png file, at least I am not sure, but there are probably some formats requirements. Instead, you can create a new valid cover art file using Magma.

change the dta file..but ya have to be cautious you dont make a conflict or break said dta file..its safer to let it be authors know what they are doing

*!*! Thank you for your feedback !*!*

This was very helpful and it worked very well.

I used it on this song, which i bought from the Store:

Giraffes? Giraffes! – I Am S / H (in) e [r] As You Am S / H (im) e [r] As You Are Me And We At I And All Are Together: Our Collective Consciousness’ Psychogenic Fugue

If someone want to listen to this song:

https://giraffesgiraffes.bandcamp.com/track/i-am-s-h-im-e-r-as-you-am-s-h-im-e-r-as-you-are-me-and-we-am-i-and-i-are-all-our-together-our-collective-consciousness-psychogenic-fugue

That was really too long for me, now i can read such songs easier (At the Game).

Thanks

TrojanNemo
          Participant

Just replaced the png_xbox with another valid png_xbox. Album Art Converter can make it for you.

Tom Hanks
            Participant

Just replaced the png_xbox with another valid png_xbox. Album Art Converter can make it for you.

Thank you for your answer and thank you for your tutorial video on Youtube. This helped me a bit.

I read the following Sentence from you in the Forum on Page 45 (C3 Forums → Authoring Auditorium → Authoring Tools, Support, & Advice).

** When you drag/drop the song to it and it opens in CON Explorer, just drag/drop the replacement *.png_xbox file over the PNG_XBOX button. Click yes to overwrite. Click Save. That’s it. Use Advanced Art Converter to create the *.png_xbox file **

So.. i use C3CONToolsv400 and i cant find the *Con Explorer*. I uploaded a Picture, where you can see what i have.

https://imgur.com/a/mD5t0kg

btw. Can you tell me, how to create a png_xbox. File ? I tried to find the Advanced Art Converter on google,

without success.

Thanks in advance and hopefully it helps one or the other, who is also looking for such a solution.

Update: 15.08.2019

1. Renaming the songs was successful, thanks for that. Now I can make everything a bit more personal.

2. → I tried replacing the album cover with MagmaC3v332. I have used the following steps:

1. Drag and Drop a Con File to Magma. For Example (3 Doors Down – Away From The Sun)

2. I got a Folder (3DoorsDownAwayFromTheSun_Project) with some Files in it (Audio Folder, MILO, MOGG, PNG_XBOX) etc.

3. I downloaded a PNG Album Art and *drag and drop* it on the Album Art whats shown in Magma, then i got a

* sd69away02ftsun3doors_keep.png_xbox * and replaced it.

4. I have inserted the finished song in the (visualizer C3 Con Tools) and get there the old cover art displayed.

Is this going in the right direction or is it all just nonsense?

P.s. Would it be possible to make a new video tutorial extra for these two things?

That would be really nice and would certainly help one or the other.
              You can explain things 100 times, but I will not get it until the 101st time :doh: :awesome:
              TrojanNemo
              Participant

Thank you for your answer and thank you for your tutorial video on Youtube. This helped me a bit.

I read the following Sentence from you in the Forum on Page 45 (C3 Forums → Authoring Auditorium → Authoring Tools, Support, & Advice).

** When you drag/drop the song to it and it opens in CON Explorer, just drag/drop the replacement *.png_xbox file over the PNG_XBOX button. Click yes to overwrite. Click Save. That’s it. Use Advanced Art Converter to create the *.png_xbox file **

So.. i use C3CONToolsv400 and i cant find the *Con Explorer*. I uploaded a Picture, where you can see what i have.

https://imgur.com/a/mD5t0kg

btw. Can you tell me, how to create a png_xbox. File ? I tried to find the Advanced Art Converter on google,

without success.

Thanks in advance and hopefully it helps one or the other, who is also looking for such a solution.

Update: 15.08.2019

1. Renaming the songs was successful, thanks for that. Now I can make everything a bit more personal.

2. → I tried replacing the album cover with MagmaC3v332. I have used the following steps:

1. Drag and Drop a Con File to Magma. For Example (3 Doors Down – Away From The Sun)

2. I got a Folder (3DoorsDownAwayFromTheSun_Project) with some Files in it (Audio Folder, MILO, MOGG, PNG_XBOX) etc.

3. I downloaded a PNG Album Art and *drag and drop* it on the Album Art whats shown in Magma, then i got a

* sd69away02ftsun3doors_keep.png_xbox * and replaced it.

4. I have inserted the finished song in the (visualizer C3 Con Tools) and get there the old cover art displayed.

Is this going in the right direction or is it all just nonsense?

P.s. Would it be possible to make a new video tutorial extra for these two things?

That would be really nice and would certainly help one or the other.
                You can explain things 100 times, but I will not get it until the 101st time :doh: :awesome:

The tutorial is very outdated. I will not be making an updated tutorial but anyone is welcome to do so!

CON Explorer was removed as a button, but it’s in the program. Just drag/drop the CON file anywhere that isn’t a button on C3 CON Tools and it’ll open the file in CON Explorer. Advanced Auto Converter is one of the many programs in C3 CON Tools, so you don’t need to Google it, just explore the many features of C3 CON Tools. Although it hurts my pride a little bit that Google doesn’t give you anything when you search for it :-(

Lastly, don’t use Magma to do anything to a CON file. That’s advanced level stuff for re-authoring or making advanced edits to file. Stick to C3 CON Tools. It does everything you’re trying to do.

Tom Hanks
                Participant

Thanks for all your help! Today I finally made it.

For all those who would like to change their songs a bit because the name is too long or a
                  pixelated cover is displayed, i write down the path for you here.

Backup your data every time before changing anything, just in case

English

Rename – Rockband Custom Songs
                  01 First download C3CONTools http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/9095-c3-con-tools-v400-012518/
                  02 Open (Quick DTA Editor) and pull in a Song. In the Text File that opens, you can change the Names.
                  03 → Close + Save.
                  04 → Finish.

Cover Change – Rockband Custom Songs
                  01 Download a (.PNG) Album Cover or create one in Photoshop etc..
                  02 In
                  C3CONTools open the blue button (Advanced Art Converter). There you need to create a (.png_xbox) File.

03 Drag the new cover into the window and click (Convert all input files to * _png.xbox).
                  Now you have the following Things in your Folder → 1x Con File, 1x New Cover (.PNG), 1x png.xbox File.
                  05 → Drag your song (Con File) into C3CONTools (on no Button, but on the Background of the Program).
                  06 → It opens a Window with 2 Tabs (Information) + (Contents) Click on (Contents).
                  07 → Then go to Root Songs * Songname * Gen.

08 Replace the (keep.png_xbox). Make sure that you give the new file the same name.
                  09 → Click on the Tab at the top (Information) and below on the green Button (Save).

10 Finish.

Info:
                  If you clicked on (Save) and everything is saved, you can click on (Visualize!) To the right of it.
                  A window opens, the visualizer from C3CONTools, there you can see where the cover is shown.
                  Otherwise, song on the XBOX and check.

Sichert eure Daten als Backup, bevor ihr irgendetwas ändert, nur für den Fall

Deutsch

Umbennen – Custom Songs Rockband
                  01 Als Erstes C3CONTools herunterladen http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/9095-c3-con-tools-v400-012518/
                  02 Öffnet (Quick DTA Editor) und zieht einen Song rein. Im neuen Textdokument kann man die Namen ändern.
                  03 → Schließen und bei Abfrage speichern.
                  04 → Fertig.

Cover ändern – Rockband Custom Songs
                  01 → Ladet euch ein Albumcover herunter (PNG-Format) oder erstellt euch eines mit Photoshop usw..
                  02 In C3CONTools öffnet ihr (Advanced Art Converter). Dort müsst ihr euch eine (.png_xbox) Datei erstellen.

03 Zieht euer neues Cover in das Fenster und clickt auf (Convert all input files to * _png.xbox). In der blauen Box.
                  Jetzt habt ihr folgende Dateien in eurem Ordner → 1x Con File, 1x Neues Cover (PNG), 1x png.xbox Datei.
                  05 → C3CONTools zu und neu öffnen. Con File reinziehen (auf keine Schaltfläche, sondern auf den Hintergrund).
                  06 → Es öffnet sich ein Fenster mit 2 Reitern (Information) + (Contents). Clickt auf (Contents).
                  07 → Dann clickt ihr einmal auf Root Songs * Songname * Gen.

08 Ersetzt die (keep.png_xbox) Datei mit der neuen → Die neue Datei sollte denselben Namen haben.
                  09 → Clickt oben auf den Tab (Information) und unten auf den grünen Kasten (Save).

10 Fertig.

Info:
                  Wenn ihr auf (Save) geclickt habt und alles abgespeichert ist, könnt ihr rechts daneben auf (Visualize!) clicken.
                  Es öffnet sich ein Fenster, der Visualizer von C3CONTools, dort könnt ihr schauen, ob das Cover dort angezeigt wird.
                  Ansonsten, Song auf die XBOX und überprüfen.

musicdudeman
                  Participant

Just to add a little to this conversation. You know how in the game if you have a few songs by an artist it will break them out by album. I’ve heard there has to be a minimum of three songs from the same album before RB does this, not sure if that’s true. I have noticed though that not all songs get categorized by album. Is there a way in C3Tools to correct this?

An example is I have multiple Songs by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Some songs are listed under Blood Sugar Sex Magik but there are other songs that belong to that album that are not listed as from that album. When I look at the details of the song in the game it’s labeled correctly and looks the same as a song listed under that album.

B Z
                    Participant

I believe that is determined when building the song in Magma. If the name in the ALBUM box is identical and the songs have different TRACK NUMBERs, then they will show up in the game grouped under the album name. I think it works with 2 or more songs. I’m pretty sure it can be changed by re-building the song in Magma, not sure it can be done in C3Tools.

musicdudeman
                      Participant

Thanks for the info on that. I will have to try that. I have OCD when it comes to songs and it’s driving me crazy.

Shroud
                        Participant

An example is I have multiple Songs by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Some songs are listed under Blood Sugar Sex Magik but there are other songs that belong to that album that are not listed as from that album. When I look at the details of the song in the game it’s labeled correctly and looks the same as a song listed under that album.

Are you sure that all those songs really have the same album info?

You don’t have to rebuild stuff with Magma, album name is metadata and can be fixed directly by editing the DTA file.

I’ve done it sometimes for example when someone has created a custom from a compilation CD and so the album info says “Best Of…”, and I wanted to have the original album there. Just open the DTA in a text editor and make your change. But the album name must be exactly the same for all songs of the album. Double check capitalization, punctuation and spaces. To be sure they’re identical, copy-paste the album name from a custom that is correctly bundled with others in the game into the DTA of those which aren’t.

The track number is used by the game to order the songs belonging to the same album (instead of alphabetically). I wonder if the game might organize those songs incorrectly if some of them have the same track number, so check that number too just in case.

FujiSkunk
                          Keymaster

Songs with the same track number sort fine. You can confirm this if you have both the legacy and RB3 versions of Queen’s songs (theoretically Bon Jovi would also work, except the RB3 versions of songs from Slippery When Wet get sorted with Greatest Hits instead).

If I remember correctly, RB2 would sort by album with a minimum of two tracks per album, but RB3 does indeed need at least three tracks per album. And like Shroud said, the album name has to be exactly the same, down to the spelling and punctuation.

Thanks, I think I’d forgotten how to do that.

I’ve been trying to replace the Metallica cover arts for the ones in the game because the ones provided by C3 have very high contrast.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button