Removing songs from a compiled pack…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello there.

So I’ve discovered, after compiling songs into packs and copying them to my Xbox, that I’ve accidentally added the same song to two packs. To make matters worse I’ve deleted the individual song files, so I can’t just re-compile one of the packs sans duplicates.

I was wondering if there’s a way to physically remove a song from a pack after it’s been compiled. I’ve been playing around with LeFluffie and the closest thing I’ve been able to do is export a pack (which, of course, gives me the raw song data as opposed to the precompiled songs), but is there a way to physically remove a song from a pack without having to jump through a bunch of hoops?

TrojanNemo
    Participant

You got two choices:

1) Open pack in Le Fluffie, extract songs.dta file, remove entry for the song in question. Add songs.dta file back into Le Fluffie, save.

– this keeps the file there, but the game won’t see it. This is quicker and easier, but you’re still using the hard drive space.

2) Open pack in Le Fluffie, extract all. Remove the folder for the song in question. Remove the entry in the songs.dta file. Open Pack Creator, go to Advanced -> Use existing folder structure, and follow instructions. This gives you the pack without the song and without using the extra hard drive space. This is trickier, so make sure you follow the prompts.

It’s entirely possible I’m just missing something, but I’m not seeing an “Advanced” option in LeFluffie’s Song Packager. I’m using v2.3.5.

Edit: oh, I was in entirely the wrong place. Ignore me!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button